About the Music Hall MMF-2.2
Unwind with warm analog sound
High-quality construction for top-notch performance
Quick and easy to assemble
- heavy steel alloy platter with felt mat provides excellent speed stability
- high-precision stainless steel and bronze bearing assembly for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- one-piece aluminum alloy tonearm provides superior rigidity and low resonance
- includes pre-mounted Music Hall Tracker moving magnet cartridge
- tonearm features adjustable height and anti-skate settings for optimizing sound with different cartridges
- medium density fiberboard (MDF) base with vibration damping feet
- AC motor decoupled from base for reduced vibration transmission and better sound
- manual operation with silicone-damped tonearm lift
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds
- speed variation: ±0.9%
- wow and flutter: ±0.15%
- rumble maximum: -70dB
- frequency response (with included cartridge): 20-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- channel separation (with included cartridge): 20dB (at 1kHz)
- attached 41" gold-plated RCA audio cable
- external power supply reduces likelihood of electro-mechanical interference
- 16-3/8"W x 4-15/16"H (with dust cover down) x 13-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires a phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier
- MFR # MMF-2.2
What's in the box:
- Tone-arm (installed)
- Cartridge (installed)
- 3 Damping feet (installed)
- Alloy platter
- Felt pad
- Dust cover
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6.5' DC cord)
- Belt-changing tool
- Anti-skating weight
- 45rpm adapter
- Hex key
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Protractor
- Instruction Manual
Music Hall MMF-2.2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Music Hall MMF-2.2
Overview: The Music Hall MMF-2.2 is a two speed belt driven audiophile turntable that delivers superior audio performance. The construction of the MMF-2.2 has been simplified to focus on the critical music making components; the main bearing, motor, and arm. It is constructed using high quality components and comes complete with the cartridge mounted.
Note: The Music Hall MMF-2.2 turntable is available in high gloss piano black, red, or white finish.
MDF Plinth w/ Damping Feet: The medium density fiber (MDF) plinth stands on three special, resonance damping feet for exceptional stability.
Note: The turntable should be positioned on a low-resonance surface such as wood or multiple layer ply-board to avoid structural vibrations disturbing replay.
Alloy Platter with Felt Mat: The Music Hall MMF-2.2 turntable features an alloy platter and comes with a felt mat.
Stainless Steel/Bronze Bearing Assembly: The alloy platter runs on a precision, stainless steel and bronze bearing assembly to provide fluid and quiet operation.
Belt-Driven: The Music Hall turntable employs a low noise fully manual belt drive design that supports two speeds (33/45 rpm). A 45 rpm adapter is included.
1-Piece Alloy Tone-Arm: The Music Hall MMF-2.2 turntable features a one piece alloy tone-arm for superb tracking ability.
MM Phono Cartridge: The Music Hall Tracker moving magnet (MM) phono cartridge is pre-mounted and properly aligned. The turntable's elliptical stylus is user replaceable.
Note: If your amplifier does not have a suitable Phono MM input, a separate phono pre-amplifier (sold separately) is required to connect the turntable to your amplifier.
Fixed Audio Cable: The Music Hall Turntable is fitted with an attached 41" stereo audio cable with high-quality gold RCA connectors. Connect the turntable to the Phono input of your home receiver.
Dust Cover: The Music Hall MMF-2.2 comes supplied with a dust cover to prevent dust build-up on the turntable.
Isolated Motor: The motor is isolated from the plinth to reduce vibration transmission.
AC Power Adapter: The turntable operates off of standard household current using the supplied external AC power adapter.
- Input: 120V~60Hz, 13.0W
- Output: 15V, 550mA
- Power Absorption: 2VA
- Speeds: 33/45 rpm
- Speed Deviation: +/- 0.9%
- Wow & Flutter: +/-0.15%
- Rumble Max: -70 dB
- Tracking Force: 10-30 mN
- Effective Tone-Arm:
- Length: 9" (22.9cm)
- Overhang: 0.67" (17mm)
- Platter Diameter: 11.81" (30cm)
- Dust Cover Closed: 16.375" (w) x 4.9375" (h) x 13.125" (d)
- Dust Cover Open: 16.375" (w) x 14.375" (h) x 15.75" (d)
- Weight: 17 lbs (7.8 kg)
- Frequency Response: 20-20kHz (+/-3db)
- Channel Balance: 2dB @ 1kHz
- Channel Separation: 20dB @ 1kHz
- Sensitivity: 5mV (+/-2dB), 1kHz @ 5cm/sec
- Static Compliance: 16mm/N
- Equivalent Tip Mass: 0.7 mg
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 26 degrees
- Stylus Radius: Elliptical .0007" x .0003"
- Stylus Type: Replaceable
- Load Resistance: 47,000 Ohm
- Load Capacitance: 150-400 pF
- Internal Inductance: 560 mH
- Internal Resistance: 700 Ohm
- Cartridge Weight: 4.2g
- Fixing Center: 0.5" (12.7mm)
- Playing Weight: 1.5-2.0g (1.75g nom.)
4 questions already asked