About the Music Hall MMF-2.3 Special Edition
Audiophile sound and beautiful looks
Audiophile sound and beautiful looks
Music Hall's easy-to-use MMF-2.3 Special Edition turntable is a stylish way to get back into vinyl, thanks to its gorgeous real wood finish. Plus, Music Hall engineered this 'table to deliver outstanding value, sporting a minimalist design that focuses on the critical components that benefit sound quality — the main bearing, motor, and tonearm.
High-quality construction for top-notch performance
The MMF-2.3 Special Edition's sturdy MDF chassis rests on adjustable, vibration-damping rubber feet that provide a solid, low-resonance foundation. Its heavy steel alloy platter spins on a high-precision stainless steel and bronze bearing assembly for smooth, silent rotation. The DC synchronous motor ensures superior speed stability for accurate playback. The damped motor mounts and belt-drive system effectively isolate the motor's vibration from the chassis to prevent noise from being transferred to the cartridge. Finally, the table's custom carbon fiber tonearm provides superb tracking ability to faithfully follow the grooves of your albums. A silicone-damped lift for gently raises and lowers the arm, protecting both the stylus and your records.
Quick and easy to assemble
The MMF-2.3 Special Edition comes out of the box virtually ready to play. Its pre-matched, factory-mounted phono cartridge and tonearm take the guesswork out of installation, and give you optimized sound quality with minimal effort. A few simple steps to dial in key settings like tracking force, anti-skating, and platter speed are all it takes to get this player primed and ready to deliver spacious, detailed music.
- heavy steel alloy platter with felt mat provides excellent speed stability
- high-precision stainless steel and bronze bearing assembly for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- custom carbon fiber tonearm for superb tracking ability
- turntable plinth features rosenut real wood veneer
- includes pre-mounted Music Hall Spirit moving magnet cartridge
- tonearm features adjustable height and anti-skate settings for optimizing sound with different cartridges
- separately isolated DC synchronous motor for reduced vibration and superior speed stability
- medium density fiberboard (MDF) base with adjustable vibration-damping feet
- gold-plated RCA audio jacks with detachable phono cables
- fully manual operation
- 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm electronic speed control at the touch of a button
- speed variation: ±0.18%
- wow and flutter: ±0.11%
- rumble maximum: -68dB
- frequency response (with included cartridge): 20-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- channel separation (with included cartridge): greater than 20dB (at 1kHz)
- external power supply reduces likelihood of electro-mechanical interference
- 17"W x 4-1/2"H (with dust cover down) x 13"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires a phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier
- MFR # MMF-2.3 SE
What's in the box:
- Tone-arm (installed)
- Cartridge w/ stylus (installed)
- 3 Damping feet (2 installed)
- Felt pad
- 2 Belts
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 3 AC power plug inserts (US/EU/UK)
- 45rpm adapter
- Antiskating weight
- 4' RCA Cable
- Belt-changing tool
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Protractor
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Tool
More details on the Music Hall MMF-2.3 Special Edition
Belt-Driven + Isolated Motor: The Music Hall turntable employs a low noise fully manual belt drive design that supports two speeds (33/45 rpm). A 45 rpm adapter is included. A separately isolated DC synchronous motor for superior speed stability.
Alloy Platter with Stainless Steel/Bronze Bearing Assembly: The Music Hall MMF-2.3 turntable features a full-size alloy platter and comes with a felt mat. The alloy platter runs on a precision, stainless steel and bronze bearing assembly to provide fluid and quiet operation.
Carbon Fiber Tone-Arm: The Music Hall MMF-2.3 turntable features a custom carbon fiber tone-arm for superb tracking ability.
MM Phono Cartridge: The Music Hall Spirit moving magnet (MM) phono cartridge is pre-mounted and properly aligned. The turntable's elliptical stylus is user replaceable.
Optional Phono Preamp: If your amplifier does not have a suitable Phono MM input, a separate phono pre-amplifier (sold separately) is required to connect the turntable to your amplifier.
MDF Plinth w/ Damping Feet: The medium density fiber (MDF) plinth stands on three special, resonance damping feet for exceptional stability. The feet are adjustable for perfect leveling.
Gold-Plated RCA Connectors: The Music Hall turntable is fitted with gold-plated stereo RCA connectors and comes with a 4' stereo RCA audio cable.
Dust Cover: The Music Hall MMF-2.3 comes supplied with a dust cover to prevent dust build-up on the turntable.
AC Power Adapter: The turntable operates off of standard household current using the included external power adapter.
Colors: The Music Hall MMF-2.3 turntable is available in high gloss piano black, red, or white finish.
- Power Absorption: 2VA
- Speeds: 33/45 rpm
- Speed Deviation: +/- 0.9%
- Wow & Flutter: +/-0.15%
- Rumble Max: -70 dB
- Tracking Force: 10-30 mN
- Effective Tone-Arm:
- Length: 9" (22.9cm)
- Overhang: 0.67" (17mm)
- Platter Diameter: 11.81" (30cm)
- AC Power:
- Input: 100-240V ~ 0.5A Max, 47-63Hz
- Output: 15V - 0.8A
- Frequency Response: 20-20kHz (+/-3db)
- Channel Balance: 2dB @ 1kHz
- Channel Separation: 20dB @ 1kHz
- Sensitivity: 5mV (+/-2dB), 1kHz @ 5cm/sec
- Static Compliance: 16mm/N
- Equivalent Tip Mass: 0.7 mg
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 26 degrees
- Stylus Radius: Elliptical .0007" x .0003"
- Stylus Type: Replaceable
- Load Resistance: 47,000 Ohm
- Load Capacitance: 150-400 pF
- Internal Inductance: 560 mH
- Internal Resistance: 700 Ohm
- Cartridge Weight: 4.2g
- Fixing Center: 0.5" (12.7mm)
- Playing Weight: 1.5-2.0g (1.75g nom.)
3 questions already asked