About the Music Hall MMF-3.3
Audiophile features at a sensible price point
Audiophile features at a sensible price point
A turntable with these features usually costs more than this. Music Hall brought high-end design to the MMF-3.3 and added a factory-installed Ortofon 2M Red cartridge, so you can enjoy audiophile sound without breaking the bank. Everything about this turntable is engineered to keep the electronics quiet, and draw beautiful sound out of the grooves of your favorite records.
When you look at the MMF-3.3, you'll notice there are two layers to the base. That's dual-plinth technology, intended to isolate the turntable's motor from the main bearing and tonearm. The motor is installed in the heavier bottom layer, while the top layer lets the tonearm assembly "float" above, where vibrations from the motor can't reach it. This is the first time Music Hall has offered this design feature at this price point.
- heavy steel alloy platter with felt mat provides excellent speed stability
- high-precision stainless steel and bronze bearing assembly for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Red moving magnet cartridge with replaceable elliptical stylus
- 8.6" carbon fiber tonearm with alloy headshell for superb tracking ability
- adjustable height and anti-skate settings for optimizing sound with different cartridges
- internal tonearm wire drawn from high purity copper
- separately isolated DC synchronous motor for reduced vibration and superior speed stability
- dual-plinth design isolates motor from main bearing and tonearm
- vibration-damping adjustable feet
- gold-plated RCA audio jacks with detachable phono cables
- high-gloss black lacquer finish
- fully manual operation
- 33-1/3, 45 (electronic speed change) and 78 rpm (manual change) speeds
- speed variation: ±0.18%
- wow and flutter: ±0.11%
- rumble maximum: -68dB
- frequency response (with included cartridge): 20-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- channel separation (with included cartridge): 22dB (at 1kHz)
- external power supply reduces likelihood of electro-mechanical interference
Dimensions and warranty:
What's in the box:
- Tone-arm (installed)
- Cartridge w/ stylus (installed)
- 3 Damping feet (2 installed)
- Sub-platter (installed)
- Felt mat
- Flat belt
- Round belt
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 3 AC power plug inserts (US/EU/UK)
- 45 RPM adapter
- Antiskating weight
- Headshell weight
- 4 Stereo RCA cable (w/ grounding wire)
- Dust cover
- Belt changing tool
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Tool
- Instruction Manual
Music Hall MMF-3.3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Music Hall MMF-3.3
3-Speed Motor: The Music Hall MMF 3.3 employs an electronic speed controlled DC motor for superior speed stability, isolated on lower plinth. You can switch between 33-1/3, 45, and 78 RPM speeds at the touch of a button (45 RPM adapter is included). The included flat belt is used for 33-1/3 and 45 RPM speeds, while the round belt is used for 78 RPM records. 78 RPM records also require an additional cartridge that is not included and sold separately (see Accessories Tab).
Custom Carbon Fiber Tonearm: The Music Hall MMF 3.3 turntable features a custom carbon fiber tonearm with alloy headshell for superb tracking ability. Flexible internal tonearm wire is drawn from high purity copper. The supplied counterweight's center of gravity is level with the stylus tip and is decoupled from the tonearm to act as a resonance damper.
Ortofon 2M Red MM Cartridge: The Music Hall MF 3.3 comes with a pre-installed Ortofon 2M Red MM cartridge featuring a bonded Elliptical diamond stylus. The 2M Red is an "all-purpose" MM cartridge known for it open, dynamic sound. The 2M Red cartridge features Ortofon's trademark split pole pins; an invention which enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response. It also incorporates an improved engine to provide optimized sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy.
Note: The Ortofon 2M Red MM cartridge comes pre-mounted and pre-aligned out of the box.
Alloy Platter with Felt Mat: The Music Hall MF 3.3 turntable comes with a full-size alloy platter and felt mat. The full-size alloy platter rungs on a high precision stainless steel and bronze main bearing assembly for quiet fluid operation.
Dual Plinth with Damping Feet: The Music Hall MMF 33F turntable utilizes a unique dual plinth construction and three special, resonance damping feet for exceptional stability. The feet are adjustable for perfect leveling. There is even an integrated level on the top plinth to indicate if the turntable is level or not.
RCA Outputs: The Music Hall MMF 3.3 turntable is outfitted with high quality RCA connectors and comes with a detachable 4' stereo RCA cable to connect to the Phono input of your receiver, integrated amplifier, or preamplifier. If your receiver or amplifier does not have a suitable Phono MM input, a separate Phono Preamplifier (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) is required to connect the turntable to your receiver or amp.
Dust Cover: The Music Hall MMF 3.3 comes supplied with a dust cover to prevent dust build-up on the turntable.
AC Power Adapter: The MMF 3.3 comes with an external AC power adapter that plugs into the back of the turntable and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Colors: The Music Hall MMF 3.3 turntable is available in high gloss piano black lacquer or walnut wood veneer finish.