About the Music Hall MMF-5.3LE (Carbon Fiber Tonearm)
Analog sound can be "audiophile"
Analog sound can be "audiophile"
The Music Hall MMF-5.3LE includes a carbon fiber tonearm and high-performance Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge.
Many music lovers are discovering (or rediscovering) the warm analog sound of vinyl records. We're stoked to offer great turntables like Music Hall's MMF-5.3LE to help you pull every last musical detail out of those grooves. This 'table's advanced design makes it a good choice for your high-performance stereo system. And the high-gloss red lacquer finish adds a cool visual touch to your listening room.
Dual-plinth construction combats noise
The MMF-5.3LE's two-piece chassis isolates vibrations that can smear sonic detail. The bottom platform supports the adjustable feet, motor, power switch, wiring, and electrical parts. The top platform keeps the critical sound-reproducing components separate. Six elastic cones isolate the two layers to eliminate transmitted vibration. This design gives you superior sound with quieter backgrounds.
A steady-spinning alloy platter
The alloy platter spins on a precision stainless steel bearing sheathed in a layer of Teflon® for smooth, steady rotation. The supplied screw-on record clamp ensures tight coupling of your records to the platter — great for warped discs.
High-performance tonearm and cartridge
The MMF-5.3LE's carbon fiber tonearm tracks the grooves of your records faithfully. Its 9" length gives it a shallower tracking arc for reduced distortion. The included Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge reveals fresh-sounding musical detail and dynamics.
- dual-plinth construction isolates vibration for quieter performance
- separately isolated DC synchronous motor for reduced vibration and greater speed stability
- 9-inch carbon fiber tonearm for superb tracking ability
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Blue moving magnet cartridge with user-replaceable nude elliptical diamond stylus
- tonearm offers vertical tracking angle and azimuth adjustments for optimized playback performance and cartridge flexibility
- dynamically balanced alloy platter with soft felt mat and screw-on record clamp
- Teflon sheathed stainless steel main bearing for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- vibration-damping adjustable feet and built-in spirit level for easy turntable leveling
- gold-plated RCA audio jacks with detachable phono cables
- fully manual operation
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (manual speed change)
- speed variation: ±0.18%
- wow and flutter: ±0.10%
- rumble maximum: -70dB
- frequency response (with included cartridge): 20-25,000 Hz (-3dB)
- channel separation (with included cartridge): 25dB (at 1kHz)
- high-gloss red lacquer finish
- includes dust cover, felt platter mat, screw-on record clamp, and 45 rpm record adapter
- external power supply reduces likelihood of electro-mechanical interference
- 18-1/4"W x 5-1/2"H (with dust cover down) x 13-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires a phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier
- MFR # MMF-5.3 LE CF
What's in the box:
- Tone-arm (installed)
- Cartridge w/ stylus (installed)
- 3 Damping feet (2 installed)
- Felt pad
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 3 AC power plug inserts (US/EU/UK)
- 45rpm adapter
- Record clamp
- Antiskating weight
- Belt-changing tool
- 2 Hex-keys
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Protractor
- Pair of cloth gloves
- Instruction Manual
Music Hall MMF-5.3LE (Carbon Fiber Tonearm) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Music Hall MMF-5.3LE (Carbon Fiber Tonearm)
Belt-Driven w/ DC Synchronous Motor: The Music Hall MMF-5.3LE CF turntable employs a low noise fully manual belt drive design that supports two speeds (33/45 rpm). A 45 rpm adapter is included. The DC synchronous motor provides superior speed stability, separately isolated on the lower platform.
Alloy Platter with Stainless Steel/Teflon Bearing Assembly: The Music Hall MMF-5.3LE CF turntable features a dynamically balanced alloy platter and comes with a felt mat. The alloy platter runs on a precision, stainless steel bearing assembly sheathed in Teflon to provide fluid and quiet operation.
Carbon Fiber Tone-Arm: The Music Hall MMF-5.3LE CF turntable features a 9" carbon fiber tone-arm with flexible internal wire drawn from high purity copper for superb tracking ability.
MM Phono Cartridge: The Ortofon 2M-Blue moving magnet (MM) phono cartridge is pre-mounted and properly aligned. The turntable's nude elliptical diamond stylus is user replaceable.
Counterweight: The included counterweight's center of gravity is level with the stylus tip, and is decoupled from the arm, and acts as a resonance damper.
Dual Plinth Construction & Damping Feet: The Music Hall MMF-5.3LE CF turntable employs a unique dual plinth construction and three special, resonance damping feet for exceptional stability. The feet are adjustable for perfect leveling. There is even an integrated level on the top plinth to indicate if the turntable is level or not.
Optional Phono Preamp: If your amplifier does not have a suitable Phono MM input, a separate phono pre-amplifier (sold separately) is required to connect the turntable to your amplifier.
RCA Outputs: The Music Hall MMF-5.3LE CF turntable is fitted with high quality RCA connectors and comes with a detachable 4' stereo RCA cable.
Dust Cover: The Music Hall MMF-5.3LE CF comes supplied with a dust cover to prevent dust build-up on the turntable.
AC Power Adapter: The turntable operates off of standard household current using the supplied external AC power adapter.
- Power Absorption: 2VA
- Speeds: 33/45 rpm
- Speed Deviation: +/- 0.80%
- Wow & Flutter: +/-0.10%
- Rumble Max: -70 dB
- Effective Tone-Arm:
- Length: 9" (230mm)
- Overhang: 18mm
- Mass: 8.5 g
- AC Power:
- Input: 120V~60Hz, 13.0W
- Output: 15V, 550mA
- Frequency Response: 20-20kHz (+2/-1db)
- Channel Balance: 1.5dB @ 1kHz
- Channel Separation: 25dB @ 1kHz
- Static Compliance: 20mm/N (lateral), 16mm/N (vertical)
- Stylus Radius: r/R 8/18 um
- Stylus Type: Nude Elliptical
- Tracking Force: 1.6-2.0g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking Angle: 20 degrees
- Load Resistance: 47,000 Ohm
- Load Capacitance: 150-200 pF
- Internal Inductance: 700 mH
- DC Resistance: 1.3 kOhm
- Cartridge Weight: 7.2g
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?