About the Music Hall MMF-5.3SC Special Edition Carbon Fiber
Experience more magic in your music
Experience more magic in your music
We can't say enough good things about Music Hall's excellent MMF-5.3 turntable. Its superb performance lets you really savor the warm, natural sound of your records. And for many vinyl enthusiasts, it's likely to be all the 'table necessary to find musical happiness. But sometimes you just can't help lusting after even more resolution and detail from your LPs. So for you vinyl fanatics, Music Hall has created the MMF-5.3SC Special Edition Carbon Fiber. This high-performance turntable starts with all of the key construction and design elements that make the MMF-5.3 so great, then adds some significant upgrades to make it even better.
What makes the Special Edition Carbon Fiber so special?
The first thing Music Hall did was give the MMF-5.3 a facelift by adding a rosenut real-wood veneer top plinth. This gorgeous upgrade gives the MMF-5.3SC a striking look that you'll be proud to show off on top of your equipment rack. Then, Music Hall outfitted the table with a low-mass carbon fiber tonearm for superb tracking ability. It more faithfully follows the grooves of your albums. A silicone-damped lift gently raises and lowers the arm, protecting both the stylus and your records.
The superb Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge is pre-mounted to the arm. This advanced moving magnet cartridge features a nude-mounted fine line diamond stylus that reaches deep into the grooves of your albums to pull out fine musical detail that lesser cartridges can miss. Finally, Sorbothane® isolation orbs have been added to the turntable's vibration damping system to help further reduce noise. Bottom line — your music will sound deeper, richer, and more dynamic than ever.
Music Hall's performance-focused design
What other goodies does the MMF-5.3SC offer that make your records sound their best? For starters, the turntable's unique two-piece MDF chassis, or plinth, does more than just look beautiful — it also isolates vibrations that can smear sonic detail. The bottom platform supports the height-adjustable feet, motor, power switch, wiring and electrical parts, while the top platform houses the turntable's critical sound reproducing components — the platter bearing, tonearm, and cartridge. Sorbothane isolation orbs separate the two platforms, virtually eliminating transmitted vibration, for silent backgrounds and superior sound. The 'table's dynamically balanced alloy platter spins on a precision stainless steel bearing sheathed in a layer of Teflon® for smooth, steady rotation. The supplied screw-on record clamp ensures tight coupling of your records to the platter — which really improves playback of warped discs.
The MMF-5.3SC's carbon fiber arm, Orton 2M Bronze cartridge, and vibration-resistant two-piece chassis give your music wings.
One of the great things about vinyl records is that they force you to slow down and savor the act of listening. But Music Hall's MMF-5.3SC won't slow you down much, because of its hassle-free plug-and-play design. Music Hall knows that turntable setup can be a challenge for the novice. That's why this 'table comes out of the box virtually ready to play. Its factory-mounted tonearm and phono cartridge take the guesswork out of getting started, so you can enjoy optimized sound quality with minimal effort. A few minutes to dial in key settings like tracking force, anti-skating, and platter speed are all that's needed to unlock the best sound you've ever heard from your record collection.
- dual-plinth construction separated by Sorbothane® isolation orbs reduces vibration for quieter performance
- rosenut real wood veneer top plinth
- dynamically balanced alloy platter with soft felt mat and screw-on record clamp
- carbon fiber tonearm with aluminum headshell for superior tracking
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Bronze moving magnet cartridge with user-replaceable nude fine line stylus
- tonearm offers easy adjustment of vertical tracking angle and azimuth for optimized playback performance and cartridge flexibility
- Teflon® sheathed stainless steel main bearing for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- vibration-damping adjustable feet and built-in spirit level
- separately isolated DC synchronous motor for reduced vibration transmission and better sound
- low-noise fully manual belt-drive design
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (manual speed change)
- speed variance: ±0.8%
- wow and flutter: ±0.10%
- rumble (max): greater than -71dB
- high quality gold RCA connectors and detachable phono cable
- external power supply reduces likelihood of electro-mechanical interference
- includes dust cover, felt platter mat, screw-on record clamp, and 45 rpm record adapter
- 18-1/4"W x 5-1/2"H x 13-1/4"D (with dust cover down)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires a phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier
- MFR # MMF-5.3 SE CF
What's in the box:
- Tone-arm (installed)
- Cartridge w/ stylus (installed)
- 3 Damping feet (2 installed)
- Felt pad
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 3 AC power plug inserts (US/EU/UK)
- 45rpm adapter
- Record clamp
- Antiskating weight
- Belt-changing tool
- 2 Hex-keys
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Protractor
- Pair of cloth gloves
- Instruction Manual
More details on the Music Hall MMF-5.3SC Special Edition Carbon Fiber
Belt-Driven + Isolated Motor: The Music Hall MMF-5.3SC turntable employs a low noise fully manual belt drive design that supports two speeds (33/45 rpm). A 45 rpm adapter is included. The asynchronous motor is isolated on the lower plinth to reduce vibration transmission for superior speed stability.
Alloy Platter with Stainless Steel/Teflon Bearing Assembly: The Music Hall MMF-5.3SC turntable features a dynamically balanced alloy platter and comes with a felt mat. The alloy platter runs on a precision, stainless steel bearing assembly sheathed in Teflon to provide fluid and quiet operation.
Carbon Fiber Tone-Arm: The Music Hall MMF-5.3SC turntable features a carbon fiber tone-arm with flexible internal wire drawn from high purity copper for superb tracking ability.
MM Phono Cartridge: The Ortofon 2M-Bronze moving magnet (MM) phono cartridge is pre-mounted and properly aligned. The turntable's nude elliptical diamond stylus is user replaceable.
Dual Plinth Construction & Damping Feet: The Music Hall MMF-5.3SC turntable employs a unique dual plinth construction and three special, resonance damping feet for exceptional stability. The feet are adjustable for perfect leveling. There is even an integrated level on the top plinth to indicate if the turntable is level or not.Optional Phono Preamp: If your amplifier does not have a suitable Phono MM input, a separate phono pre-amplifier (sold separately) is required to connect the turntable to your amplifier.
Gold-Plated RCA Outputs: The Music Hall MMF-5.3SC turntable is fitted with high quality gold-plated RCA connectors and comes with a detachable 4' stereo RCA cable.
Dust Cover: The Music Hall MMF-5.3SC comes supplied with a dust cover to prevent dust build-up on the turntable.
AC Power Adapter: The turntable operates off of standard household current using the supplied external AC power adapter.
Colors: The Music Hall MMF-5.3SC turntable features a gorgeous and classic-looking rosenut real wood veneer finish
- Power Absorption: 2VA
- Speeds: 33/45 rpm
- Speed Deviation: +/- 0.80%
- Wow & Flutter: +/-0.10%
- Rumble Max: -71 dB
- Effective Tone-Arm:
- Length: 9" (22.86cm)
- Overhang: 18mm
- AC Power:
- Input: 120V~60Hz, 13.0W
- Output: 15V, 550mA
- Frequency Response: 20-20kHz (+2/-1db)
- Channel Balance: 1.0dB @ 1kHz
- Channel Separation: 26dB @ 1kHz
- Static Compliance: 22 um/mN
- Stylus Radius: r/R 8/40 um
- Stylus Type: Nude Elliptical
- Tracking Force: 1.4-1.7g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking Angle: 20 degrees
- Load Resistance: 47,000 Ohm
- Load Capacitance: 150-300 pF
- Internal Inductance: 630 mH
- DC Resistance: 1.2 kOhm
- Cartridge Weight: 7.2g
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?