About the Music Hall MMF-7.3
The difference between night and day
The difference between night and day
Whenever I'm walking through a store and spot one of those regrettable little "all-in-one" record players (you know, the ones with the built-in CD player, cassette deck, and AM/FM tuner), it makes me sad. That's because I just know whoever buys one of those contraptions will never experience the music on their records the way it was meant to be heard — not even close. I truly hope that someday those fledgling music lovers graduate to a turntable like the Music Hall MMF-7.3, and discover the sheer joy of vinyl played right.
With its thoughtful engineering and rock-solid construction, the MMF-7.3 is built to shine a light on all the subtle nuances, emotions, and details contained within an LP's grooves, breathing life into the music in a way that lesser 'tables can simply never match. And that makes me happy.
The MMF-7.3's DC motor is completely isolated and decoupled from the turntable's base to reduce vibration. Push-button electronic control makes changing speeds easy.
Music Hall's performance-focused design
What makes the MMF-7.3 sound so good? For starters, its two-piece, high-gloss black MDF chassis, or plinth, does more than just look beautiful — it also isolates vibrations that can smear sonic detail. The bottom platform is supported by height-adjustable tiptoe feet, while the top platform houses the turntable's critical sound reproducing components — the platter bearing, tonearm, and cartridge. The motor, power switch, speed control, and wiring are completely decoupled from the turntable and isolated on their own separate vibration-damping puck. Music Hall even placed the motor at the front of the 'table diagonally opposite the tonearm bearing, to further reduce any motor-to-cartridge vibration.
Sorbothane® isolation orbs separate the two platforms, virtually eliminating transmitted vibration, for sound that leaps out at you from a dead-silent background. The 'table's non-resonant acrylic platter spins on a precision stainless steel bearing sheathed in a layer of Teflon® for smooth, steady rotation. The supplied screw-on record clamp ensures tight coupling of your records to the platter, and improves playback of warped discs.
The MMF-7.3's low-mass carbon fiber tonearm boasts rigid, one-piece construction and a decoupled, resonance-damping counterweight for exceptionally low-noise operation. The lengthy 9" arm allows for a very shallow tracking arc across the record, helping to reduce distortion.
Artistry by Ortofon
Finally, Music Hall pre-mounts the highly regarded 2M Bronze phono cartridge by Ortofon, one of the world's most respected cartridge manufacturers. This smooth-tracking moving magnet cartridge features a nude-mounted fine line stylus that reaches deep into the grooves of your albums to pull out fine musical detail that lesser cartridges can miss.
Bottom line — your music will sound deeper, richer, and more dynamic than ever.
Enjoy superb sound, without the hassle
One of the great things about vinyl records is that they force you to slow down and savor the act of listening. But Music Hall's MMF-7.3 won't slow you down much, because of its hassle-free plug-and-play design. Music Hall knows that turntable setup can be a challenge for the novice. That's why this 'table comes out of the box virtually ready to play. Its factory-mounted tonearm and phono cartridge take the guesswork out of getting started, so you can enjoy optimized sound quality with minimal effort. A few minutes to dial in key settings like tracking force and anti-skating are all that's needed to unlock the best sound you've ever heard from your record collection.
- dual-plinth construction separated by Sorbothane® isolation orbs reduces vibration for silent operation
- non-resonant acrylic platter with soft felt mat and screw-on record clamp
- one-piece full carbon fiber tonearm with highly flexible internal wire drawn from high purity copper
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Bronze moving magnet cartridge with replaceable nude fine line diamond stylus
- adjustable vertical tracking angle (VTA) and azimuth for optimized playback performance and cartridge flexibility
- Teflon® sheathed stainless steel main bearing for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- adjustable tiptoe feet with anti scratch cups
- built-in spirit level to ensure precise installation
- completely isolated and decoupled DC motor sits on its own resonance damping puck for reduced vibration transmission
- front motor position eliminates motor-to-cartridge vibration
- low-noise fully manual belt-drive design
- high-gloss piano black lacquer finish
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds with electronic push-button speed change
- speed variance: ±0.06%
- wow and flutter: ±0.1%
- rumble (max): greater than -73dB
- effective tonearm length: 9"
- effective tonearm mass: 8.5 grams
- high-quality gold RCA connectors and detachable phono cable
- external power supply reduces likelihood of electro-mechanical interference
- includes dust cover, metal screw-on record clamp, felt record mat, and 45 rpm adapter
- 18-1/4"W x 5-1/2"H x 13-1/4"D (with dust cover closed)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires a phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier
- MFR # MMF-7.3
What's in the box:
- Tone-arm (installed)
- Cartridge w/ stylus (installed)
- 3 Damping feet (2 installed)
- Felt pad
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 3 AC power plug inserts (US/EU/UK)
- 45 RPM adapter
- Record clamp
- Antiskating weight
- 3 Anti-scratch cups
- Belt-changing tool
- 2 Hex-keys
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Protractor
- Pair of cloth gloves
- Instruction Manual
Music Hall MMF-7.3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Music Hall MMF-7.3
Features & specs
|45 RPM Adapter||Yes|
|Detachable Power Cable||AC power adapter|
|Materials and Construction|
|Plinth||Dual MDF w/ Sorbothane|
|Tone Arm Shape||Straight|
|Tone Arm Material||Carbon Fiber|
|Tone Arm Lift||Finger|
|Included Cartridge||Ortofon 2M-Bron|
|Tracking Weight||1.5 g (15mN)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||Not given|
|Wow and Flutter||0.1|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Turntable Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Turntable Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Turntable: The Music Hall MMF 7.3 is a two speed belt driven audiophile turntable that delivers superior audio performance. The construction of the MMF 7.3 has been simplified to focus on the critical music making components; the main bearing, motor, and arm. It is constructed using high quality components and comes complete with the cartridge mounted.
Dual Plinth Construction w/ Damping Feet: The Music Hall MMF 7.3 turntable employs a unique dual plinth construction with three adjutsable vibration dampening feet. The top platform is medium density fiberboard (MDF) with a high-gloss black lacquer finish. The two platforms of the plinth are separated by four Sorbothane hemispheres, which act as a suspension and isolation system.
Acrylic Platter with Felt Mat: The Music Hall MMF 7.3 turntable features a dynamically balanced acrylic platter and comes with a felt mat.
Stainless Steel/Teflon Bearing Assembly: The platter and felt mat sit on a high quality, stainless steel ball bearing sheathed in Teflon providing fluid and noise-free operation. The bearing assembly comes pre-charged with lubricant. A screw-on record clamp is also included.
Belt-Driven: The Music Hall MMF 7.3 turntable employs a low noise fully manual belt drive design that supports two speeds (33/45 RPM). A 45 RPM adapter is included.
1-Piece Carbon-Fiber Tone-Arm: The Music Hall MMF 7.3 turntable features a one-piece carbon-fiber tone-arm for superb tracking ability. The effective length of the tonearm is nine and a half inches. This allows for a very shallow tracking arc on the record thus reducing distortion.
MM Phono Cartridge: The Ortofon 2M-Bronze moving magnet (MM) phono cartridge is pre-mounted and properly aligned. The turntable's nude elliptical diamond stylus is user replaceable.Optional Phono Preamp: If your amplifier does not have a suitable Phono MM input, a separate phono pre-amplifier (sold separately) is required to connect the turntable to your amplifier.
Gold-Plated RCA Outputs: The Music Hall MMF 7.3 turntable is fitted with high quality gold-plated RCA connectors and comes with a detachable 4' stereo RCA cable.
Dust Cover: The Music Hall MMF 7.3 comes supplied with a dust cover to prevent dust build-up on the turntable.
Isolated Asynchronous Motor: The asynchronous motor is isolated from the plinth to reduce vibration transmission.
AC Power Adapter: The turntable operates off of standard household current using the supplied external AC power adapter.
- Power Absorption: 2VA
- Speeds: 33/45 RPM
- Speed Deviation: +/- 0.06%
- Wow & Flutter: +/-0.10%
- Rumble Max: -72 dB
- Effective Tone-Arm:
- Length: 9" (22.86cm)
- Overhang: 18mm
- Mass: 8.5 g
- Diameter: 11.81" (30cm)
- Weight: 6 lbs (2.7kg)
- AC power:
- Power Supply: 15V / 0.08mA DC
- Power Consumption: 4W
- Frequency Response: 20-20kHz (+2/-0db)
- Channel Balance: 1.0dB @ 1kHz
- Channel Separation: 26dB @ 1kHz
- Static Compliance: 22 um/mN
- Stylus Radius: r/R 8/40 um
- Stylus Type: Nude Fine Line
- Tracking Force: 1.4-1.7g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking Angle: 20 degrees
- Load Resistance: 47,000 Ohm
- Load Capacitance: 150-300 pF
- Internal Inductance: 630 mH
- DC Resistance: 1.2 kOhm
- Cartridge Weight: 7.2g
The Music Hall MMF-7.3 replaces these items
- dual-plinth construction isolates vibration for quieter performance
- one-piece carbon fiber tonearm with flexible internal wire drawn from high purity copper
- pre-mounted Music Hall Mojo moving magnet cartridge with replaceable nude elliptical diamond stylus
4 questions already asked