About the Music Hall Stealth
Hear the music, and nothing but the music
Hear the music, and nothing but the music
This turntable is Music Hall's first foray into direct-drive technology, and it runs incredibly quietly — that's why they call it the Stealth. The rock-solid plinth features the company's signature multi-layer construction, which helps isolate vibration, and the platter is 4 lbs. of solid aluminum with a rubber mat. The entire assembly rests on vibration-damping adjustable feet.
Everything about this 'table is designed to keep bad vibrations at bay, and let you hear the music on your cherished albums, just as the artist intended.
Quality in the details
The Stealth's S-shaped aluminum tonearm features a pre-installed Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge — a $230 value by itself. The 2M line is beloved by audiophiles, and the Blue cartridge is known for balanced performance and highly accurate reading of record grooves. The 'table plays 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm records, and the platter is spun by a low-torque, brushless motor that stops automatically at the end of an album side.
- multi-layer plinth construction isolates vibration for quieter performance
- low-torque, brushless motor for reduced vibration and greater speed stability
- 9-inch curved aluminum tonearm for superb tracking ability
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Blue moving magnet cartridge
- VTA (vertical tracking angle) can be adjusted while player is in use
- platter stops spinning automatically at the end of a side
- tone arm must be lifted and returned to rest manually
- automatic standby mode activates after 20 minutes of non-use
- dynamically balanced 4-pound aluminum platter with vibration-damping rubber mat
- vibration-damping adjustable feet
- touch-activated electronic speed control (33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm)
- gold-plated RCA audio jacks with detachable phono cables
- includes cloth dust cover
- signal-to-noise ratio: 70dB
- speed variation: ±0.3%
- wow and flutter: 0.07%
- output level: 5.5mV
- frequency response (with included cartridge): 20-20,000 Hz (+2/-1dB)
- channel separation (with included cartridge): 20dB (at 1kHz)
Dimensions and warranty:
What's in the box:
- Tone-arm (installed)
- Headshell/cartridge/stylus assembly
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 4 AC power plug inserts (US/EU/UK/AU)
- 5' Stereo RCA cable
- 5' Ground wire
- 45 RPM adapter
- Cloth cover
- Instruction Manual
Music Hall Stealth reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Music Hall Stealth
Features & specs
|Speeds||33-1/3, 45, 78|
|45 RPM Adapter||Yes|
|Detachable Power Cable||AC power adapter|
|Materials and Construction|
|Tone Arm Shape||S-shaped|
|Tone Arm Material||Aluminum|
|Tone Arm Lift||Finger, Lever|
|Included Cartridge||Ortofon 2M Blue|
|Tracking Weight||1.8 g (18mN)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||70|
|Wow and Flutter||0.07|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Turntable Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Turntable Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Semi-Automatic Direct Drive Turntable: The Music Hall Stealth is a 3-speed direct drive turntable with a brushless low-torque motor that automatically stops running at the end of a record. The Stealth turntable features touch-activated speed controls for ease of use. Select between 33-1/3 RPM, 45 RPM (adapter included), and 78 RPM (specific cartridge/stylus assembly required and sold separately).
- Motor Protection: If the rotation of the turntable has not reached constant speed after 30 seconds, the motor will stop and the power indicator will flash. If the motor stops and the power indicator flashes, press any speed button to restart.
- Auto Stop: The Auto Stop function, stops the platter from spinning approximately 20 seconds after it has finished playing the record. The tonearm will not automatically raise (you will need to raise and move the tonearm back to the tonearm rest). Pushing any speed button will restart the motor.
- Auto Standby: The turntable has an automatic standby mode which is activated after 20 minutes of non-use. At this time, the power indicator light will turn from blue to red. In standby mode, the power consumption of the turntable is reduced to less than 0.3 W to avoid unnecessary power consumption.
Well-Damped Construction: The Music Hall Stealth direct drive turntable employs a heavy, multi-layer, and well-damped MDF plinth that sits on four large, viscous-elastomer damped height-adjustable feet to resist vibration. Also included is a 4 lbs aluminum platter and rubber platter mat for added vibration damping. This is a substantially robust turntable that weights 24 lbs.
S-Shaped Aluminum Tonearm: The Music Hall Stealth turntable is outfitted with a 9" static balanced S-shaped tonearm with a detachable head shell. The tonearm is equipped with a VTA (vertical track angle) knob, anti-stake control dial, and adjustable counterweight for excellent tracking ability.
Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridge: The Music Hall Stealth direct drive turntable comes with an Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge. The Ortofon 2M Blue is a MM (moving magnet) cartridge that will need to be attached to the tonearm. It provides dynamic audio reproduction with a high level of sonic accuracy and detail.
Stereo RCA Output: The Music Hall Stealth is outfitted with a set of stereo RCA outputs for connecting the turntable to a Phono MM input on your AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or powered speaker. The high quality stereo RCA outputs are gold-plated for excellent signal transfer and resistance to corrosion.
Note: If your AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or powered speaker does not have a Phono MM input, then you'll also need to purchase an external Phono preamp (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Cloth Cover: The Music Hall Stealth comes with a cloth cover to protect the turntable from dust and debris build up when not in use. The cloth cover is not a traditional dust cover. The cloth cover slips on over top the turntable to protect it when not in use; the cloth cover cannot be used during playback.
AC Power Adapter: The included external AC power adapter plugs into the back of the turntable and into an AC power outlet or surge protector/line conditioner (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).