About the BOOM Urchin
With its carabiner, the Urchin can go everywhere with you.
Want to enjoy your music anywhere – even in the shower? Then grab a BOOM Urchin and go. This portable speaker features an interchangeable water-resistant silicone cover, making it ideal for indoor or outdoor use. Just stick the Urchin's suction cup mount in your shower stall and you can sing as you soap.
Made for motion
This is one portable system that's designed to go anywhere. The durable Urchin comes with a sturdy brushed metal carabiner, so you can clip it to your bag, backpack, or belt. And there's an included adhesive-backed screw mount, so you can easily attach the Urchin to your car's dashboard.
Bluetooth connectivity for words and music
The Urchin lets you wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop or other device. A built-in microphone turns the Urchin into a wireless speakerphone – a handy feature even when you're not in the shower.
Boom goes the dynamite sound
The Urchin might be small, but it packs a sonic punch. The two full-range speakers deliver clean, focused sound with solid bass. And the system uses Bluetooth v2.1+EDR, an advanced form of wireless technology that ensures strong connections and improved signal reception.
The Urchin's built-in battery lasts up to eight hours of continuous use. And the system's easy to charge. Its USB charging cable can either be connected to its AC power adapter, or plugged directly into your computer.
From our review A rough-and-ready speaker system comes clean
The Urchin's made for mobility, and is durable enough to work just about anywhere — on a ski slope, at the beach, or on a rock climb. It's got enough volume and punch to be heard in all of those situations. And when you're ready to clean up after your outdoor adventures, the BOOM Urchin can even accompany your singing in the shower.
- Ralph Graves, Crutchfield Blog and Product Review Editor
- powered speaker for use with for smartphones, tablets, and other portable devices with built-in Bluetooth
- Bluetooth v2.1+EDR for strong connections and improved signal reception
- wireless range: 30 feet
- built-in microphone for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- shock and water resistant
- interchangeable silicone skin
- two built-in full-range speakers
- minijack auxiliary input for laptops, handheld game consoles, and other portable devices (minijack cable included)
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 8 hours
- carabiner, suction cup mount, and adhesive-backed screw mount
- USB charging cable with AC power adapter
- 4"W x 6-15/16"H x 1-13/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SURD-A
What's in the box:
- Water resistant Bluetooth powered speaker
- Red skin (pre-installed)
- Self-adhesive screw attachment (pre-installed)
- AC power adapter (5V/1000mA)
- 4' USB charging cable (w/ micro-USB type-B connector on one end and a USB type-A connector on other end)
- 40" Stereo minijack cable
- Carabiner clip
- Quick Start Guide
- Federal Communication Commission Interference Statement
BOOM Urchin reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the BOOM Urchin
Portable Bluetooth Powered Speaker: The BOOM Urchin water-resistant, portable Bluetooth speaker is ideal for your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablets, players and other devices. The BOOM Urchin supports Bluetooth audio streaming and Bluetooth hands-free communication. This unit pairs with your Bluetooth-enabled device with a single press of a button. Once paired, the Urchin will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 33').
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming (A2DP): The BOOM Urchin portable speaker streams stereo music wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled devices such as your Apple iOS device, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, computer/PC or other devices. The Urchin offers basic playback control (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Volume Up/Down) of your music. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device for advance navigation of your music and to view song/artist information.
- Built-in Hands-Free Communication (HFP): The BOOM Urchin features a built-in microphone and a Answer/En button so you can answer phone calls, talk on Skype, or use Facetime from the speaker. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view video calls, dial a number, and control advanced phone functions.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the BOOM Urchin.
Rugged Design: The BOOM Urchin Bluetooth speaker is water resistant, so you can use it in the shower, outdoors, or by the pool. It is also shockproof and dustproof which makes it perfect for hiking and the beach.
Removable Silicone Skin: The BOOM Urchin water-resistant, portable Bluetooth speaker includes a pre-installed silicone skin which helps protect the speaker from water, dust, and shock. The pre-installed silicone skin can be removed and replaced by other skin colors (sold separately).
Mounting Attachments: The BOOM Urchin Bluetooth speaker includes a self-adhesive mount (pre-installed), a suction-cup mount, and a carabiner clip so you can mount it almost anywhere. The pre-installed silicon skin also includes an integrated looped handle
Two Full-Range Speakers: The BOOM Urchin employs two full-range speakers and built-in amplifier for great sound.
Aux Input: In addition to built-in Bluetooth, the BOOM Urchin is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone output.
LED Indicator: A LED indicator lets you know when the built-in battery needs to be recharged, as well as when the BOOM Urchin is in Bluetooth listening or pairing mode.
Rechargeable Battery: The BOOM Urchin water resistant speaker has a built-in rechargeable battery that provides approximately 10 hours of playback time on a single charge. The battery is easily recharged from the speaker's built-in USB port, using the included AC power adapter or a free USB port on your computer. The AC power adapter can also be used to power the speaker.
3 questions already asked