About the Braven BRV-1
When you're ready to tackle the great outdoors (or just spend the day by the pool), the Braven BRV-1 is ready to blast out your tunes. This rough-and-tumble portable Bluetooth speaker is protected by a water-resistant and shock-absorbent housing over an aircraft-grade aluminum shell.
Available in blue or black
Bluetooth connectivity for music and talk
Stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop or other device. If a call comes in on your phone while you're listening to tunes, you can hit the Answer button on the speaker to talk hands-free using the BRV-1's built-in microphone.
Great sound for the great outdoors
The BRV-1 has two custom 1-9/16" high-performance full-range drivers that deliver clean, accurate sound.
Portability and a power bank
You can charge the Braven BRV-1 from any USB power source — such as a computer or a standard USB power adapter. The built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 12 hours of continuous operation. The battery also serves as a power bank for your portable device. If your phone is running low, plug it into the USB port via the included charging cable.
- IPX5-certified water-resistant and shock-absorbent design
- protects against rainfall and splashing (not intended to be submersed)
- Bluetooth wireless operation
- range: 30 feet
- built-in noise-canceling microphone for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- two 1-9/16" full-range drivers with passive bass port
- durable aircraft-gauge aluminum casing with shock-absorbing housing
- stereo minijack input for portable devices (mini-to-mini cable included)
- recharges your portable device via included USB Type A to USB mini charging cable
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 12 hours
- detachable lanyard
- 5"W x 2-1/2"H x 3-3/8"D
- weight: .75 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BRV1GWC
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth speaker
- 41" USB-to-microUSB charging cable
- 26" Stereo minijack cable
- Owner's Guide
- Water Resistance note
Braven BRV-1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Braven BRV-1
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (Inches)||---|
|Midrange Size (Inches)||1.5625|
|Midrange Type||Not given|
|Woofer Size (Inches)||---|
|Watts RMS (Continuous)||Not given|
|Watts Maximum (Peak)||Not given|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||N/A|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||N/A|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Control by app||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Weatherproof Design: The Braven BRV-1 Bluetooth speaker is completely weatherproof, making it rugged and dependable for outdoor use. Complying with NEMA IPX5 Waterproof Standards, the BRAVEN BRV-1 speaker is protected against dust, rainfall, water jets, and water splashing (but not intended to be submersed in water).
Note: To ensure the Braven BRV-1 is prepared for use in a wet environment, remove all cable connections and tightly close the rear water cap. If the water cap is not properly closed, the BRV-1 watertight seals may be jeopardized. Any water entering the rear connection area will void the warranty, and could ruin your speaker.
Bluetooth Wireless Speaker: The Braven BRV-1 Bluetooth speaker is Bluetooth v2.1 compliant and is ideal for your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, audio player, and other devices. The Braven BRV-1 supports Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP) and Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP 1.5/HSP 1.1).
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Braven BRV-1 Bluetooth speaker streams stereo music wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled devices such as your Apple iOS device, Android smartphones, Blackberry, computer/PC or other devices. The Braven BRV-1 offers basic playback control (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) over your music. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view song/artist information.
- Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The BRV-1 speaker features a built-in microphone and a answer/end button so you can answer phone calls from the speaker. When the BRV-1 is synced via Bluetooth with your mobile phone and a call comes in, your music will be pause and the phone's ring tone will play over the BRV-1 speaker. Simply press the answer/end button on the speaker to answer your call through the Braven BRV-1. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view video calls, manually enter a phone number, and control other advanced phone functions.
Note: The BRV-1 speaker can sync wirelessly with most Bluetooth enabled devices (but not all). The BRV-1 is capable of remembering the last 8 devices paired with it and will automatically search for previous connections when the speaker is initially turned on. If a connection is lost, the speaker will look to re-establish that connection again, but will not automatically look for the device again if the Bluetooth connection is turned off on the device until the speaker is turned off and then turned on again. If the device goes out of range and then comes back into Bluetooth range, the speaker will automatically reestablish the connection.
Class D Amp + Passive Radiator Speaker Design: The BRV-1 Bluetooth speaker features dual front-firing 1.5625" full-range drivers powered by a Class D digital amplifier for detailed sound. A down-firing 2.75" passive radiator provides complementary midbass.
Auxiliary Input: For devices that do not support Bluetooth, the Braven BRV-1 features an auxiliary input (3.5mm) and includes a stereo minijack audio cable that can be connected between the Braven speaker and your music player. The Braven speaker can be used with music players that have a 3.5mm headphone jack.
USB Charging Port: The Braven BRV-1 is designed to efficiently charge mobile phones and other small portable devices that draw power from a 0.5A to 1A charge, via the speaker's USB (type-A) port. To charge your mobile device, simply plug the USB end of your phone's charging cable into the Braven speaker's USB port and plug your phone into the other end. Once both ends are connected, your phone will begin charging. The Braven BRV-1 won't charge unless the speaker's battery has some charge and is in the "On" position. On a full charge, without music playing, your BRV-1 can charge a typical smartphone to approximately 50-70% (depending on model/battery size). You can also continue to listen to your device's music through the Braven speaker, while its charging (as long as the Braven speaker has an adequate charge).
Note: The Braven BRV-1 is not designed to charge a tablet or any other device requiring a higher powered (2A) USB connection. This USB charging port cannot be used for audio streaming.
Rechargeable Battery: The Braven BRV-1 speaker has a built-in rechargeable lithium-polymer battery (3.7V/1400mAh) that provides up to 12 hours of playback time at moderate volume levels. You can easily recharge the battery using the included charging cable and a free USB (type-A) port on your computer. Charging time is approximately 2.5 to 3.5 hours. Five rear-panel LEDs indicate battery level and charging status. You can continue to play your music through the Braven speaker while it charges.
Note: The Braven BRV-1 speaker should be charged for 5 hours before initial use.
1 question already asked