About the Beats by Dr. Dre® BeatsX
Cutting-edge, on-the-go headphones from Beats
Cutting-edge, on-the-go headphones from Beats
Beats by Dre's new relationship with Apple is starting to pay off — even for those of us who don't own an iPhone. Their BeatsX neckband headphones can play music wirelessly from any Bluetooth-enabled device. And thanks to Apple's new state-of-the-art W1 chip, they have a stronger battery life. You get eight hours of Beats' famous bass-heavy sound on a full charge. Perhaps more impressive — a quick, 5-minute charge can give you two full hours of wireless listening.
My hands-on impression
"There's much to love about the BeatsX headphones. A LOT of value here. Durable and comfortable, and the clever neckband design feels both secure and flexible. Wireless pairing with my wife's iPhone 6 was super-fast.
And the sound? Bold and balanced. ”
— Jeff Miller, Crutchfield headphone guy
The BeatsX earbuds attach to each other magnetically, so you can easily keep track of them.
Extra-light neckband design and magnetic earbuds
The BeatsX headphones fit comfortably around your neck and feature an in-line remote for taking calls and controlling music, on the move. They fold up easily into a pocket-sized bundle when you're done listening. Or, you can stick the two earbuds together magnetically and wear them around your neck.
Quick, easy pairing for Apple users
Of course, if you do have Apple devices, you're really in for a treat. A one-tap connection syncs up your compatible iPhone with these headphones, wirelessly. Then, you're automatically paired to other devices on your iCloud account, like your Apple Watch®, iMac®, or iPad®. The W1 chip ensures a strong, seamless connection.
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening and phone calls
- Apple's W1 chip provides seamless, reliable wireless connection with iPhone 7 and other Apple devices (requires iOS® 10)
- Flex-Form cable fits comfortably behind your head
- folds up neatly into a portable bundle
- magnetic earpieces snap together to wear around your neck when not in use
- earbuds designed for comfort and noise isolation
- includes four sizes of ear tips for optimum fit
- dual drivers, including a separate woofer and midrange/tweeter, for clearer highs and deeper bass
- easy, one-tap pairing with your iPhone
- simultaneously syncs up your iPad®, iMac®, and Apple Watch
- requires iCloud account and iOS 10, macOS Sierra, or watchOS 3
- RemoteTalk cable offers music and call controls with most smartphones (functionality may vary)
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 8 hours of listening (USB-to-Apple Lightning® charging cable included)
- Fast Fuel technology offers 2 hours of music listening on a five-minute charge
- Pocket-sized carrying case included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MLYF2LL/A
What's in the box:
- In-ear Bluetooth headphones (white) with 32" connecting cable
- 4 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 2 Pairs of Wingtips
- 8" USB-to-Lightning cable (Type A USB on one end and Apple Lightning connector on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Apple Music card
- Important Safety Information
- Warranty information
- Beats "b" decal
Beats by Dr. Dre® BeatsX reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Beats by Dr. Dre® BeatsX
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.482" x 0.482"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The BeatsX in-ear Bluetooth headphones are designed for active lifestyles. The ear buds are connected via a soft, rubberized Flex-Form cable (32" in length) for all day comfort. They come with four sizes of ear tips, plus removable secure-fit wingtips, so they will stay in your ears as you work out. You can control your music and phone calls with the in-line RemoteTalk remote/microphone. The ear buds are magnetic, making it easier to keep your BeatsX tangle-free and in place around your neck when you're not wearing them. The BeatsX are powered by a rechargeable battery, and come with an 8" USB-to-Lightning charging cable, and a unique rubber storage case.
W1 Chip: The BeatsX feature Apple's W1 chip, which gives the earphones greater efficiency and better Bluetooth connections. The BeatsX offer up to 8 hours of battery life for longer, multiple workouts and all-day usage. The W1 chip also makes the Bluetooth connection rock solid with fewer dropouts. When pairing with a device running iOS 10, pairing is simplified. Place them near your device, and a prompt will appear on the screen asking if you wish to pair them. The pairing data is also tied to your iCloud account for faster re-pairing.
RemoteTalk: The ear buds are connected by an adjustable wrap-around flat cable with an in-line 3-button RemoteTalk remote and microphone. The controls are fully compatible with iPhone, iPod, and iPad, with many compatible features with Android, Blackberry, and Windows devices. RemoteTalk controls volume and music playback (pause/play, next track, previous track), as well as Voice Command (Siri) and Answer/End call.
Rechargeable Battery: The BeatsX headphones are powered by an 8-hour rechargeable battery. A short USB/Lightning cable is provided for charging the battery via your computer or another USB charging port. The battery has a Fast Fuel feature that will provide about two hours of playback with a 5-minute charge.