About the Beats by Dr. Dre® Studio3 Wireless
Beats' best, even better with Apple
Beats' best, even better with Apple
Ever since Beats by Dre teamed up with Apple's engineers, their headphones have taken a leap in quality. This is the third generation of their flagship Studio Wireless headphones, and they now feature "smart" noise-canceling. It can adjust itself to your surroundings. These headphones also deliver a more sophisticated, well-rounded sound that still brings Beats' famous strong bass.
But most importantly, they now have Apple's state-of-the-art W1 chip under the hood. When I reviewed other Beats headphones with this chip, I said that it delivered "most convenient, liberating Bluetooth experience right now."
Quick, easy pairing for Apple users
You can play music wirelessly from any Bluetooth-enabled phone or tablet. But if you have Apple devices, you're really in for a treat. A one-tap connection syncs up your compatible iPhone with these headphones, wirelessly. Then, you're automatically paired to other devices on your iCloud account, like your Apple Watch®, iMac®, or iPad®. The W1 chip ensures a strong, seamless connection.
More freedom to roam and play
With any phone, you should get better Bluetooth range thanks to the W1 chip. Using a pair of Beats headphones and my Samsung Galaxy phone, I got clear across my backyard and my neighbors before my music started cutting out.
The W1 chip also helps improve the battery life of the Studio3 Wireless — you get up to 22 hours of listening with noise cancellation. And if you run out of juice? Fast Fuel technology gives you three full hours of battery on just a ten-minute charge.
- closed-back, over-ear design for strong noise isolation and bass
- Adaptive Noise Cancellation (ANC) blocks out external distractions
- automatically adjusts to the level of external noise
- Class 1 Bluetooth for wireless music listening and phone calls
- earcup controls for calls, music, and Siri®
Apple's W1 Chip:
- improves Bluetooth performance
- provides seamless, reliable wireless connection with an iPhone® and other Apple devices (requires iOS® 10 or higher)
- helps extend wireless range with any Bluetooth device
- increases efficiency of built-in rechargeable battery
- offers up to 22 hours of wireless use with noise cancellation (40 hours without ANC)
- Fast Fuel technology offers 3 hours of music listening on a 10-minute charge
General Info and Accessories:
- soft earpads and flexible headband for firm, comfortable fit
- pleasant, no-slip rubberized padding on headband
- folding design for easy storage
- includes RemoteTalk miniplug cable with remote/mic for wired use
- USB charging cable included
- includes carrying case
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MQ572LL/A
What's in the box:
- Wireless over-ear headphones (white)
- 53" Audio cable with in-line remote/microphone (straight 3.5mm plug on one end and right-angled 3.5mm plug on other end)
- 36" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Carabiner clip
- Zippered case
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card
- Important Safety Information
Beats by Dr. Dre® Studio3 Wireless reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Beats by Dr. Dre® Studio3 Wireless
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.077" x 3.661"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||Not Given|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Beats by Dre Studio³ wireless over-ear headphones are designed to block external noise and deliver a premium listening experience. The Studio³ features Pure Adaptive Noise Canceling (Pure ANC), and are powered by a rechargeable battery. The headphones come with a RemoteTalk cable, a USB charging cable, and a hard-shell zippered carrying case.
Folding Design: The Beats Studio³ Wireless headphones are equipped with hinged ear cups that fold in for easy storage in the included hard-shell carrying case.
Bluetooth: The Studio³ headphones feature Class 1 Bluetooth Technology for wireless listening and calls with fewer drop-outs and extended range. Equipped with the Apple W1 chip, the headphones will automatically connect when you turn them on and hold them within 2" of an unlocked iPhone. The headphones have on-board controls on the left ear cup's "b" button for music playback and phone calls, and volume above and below the button. When the headphones are paired with iOS 10 or iOS 11 device, you can seamlessly switch between iCloud-registered devices.
Pure Adaptive Noise Canceling: The Beats Studio³ wireless headphones have an active noise reduction system called Pure Adaptive Noise Canceling (Pure ANC). Powered by a rechargeable battery, Pure ANC blocks out external sounds so you can concentrate on your music. It also uses real-time audio calibration to optimize the sound of your music. Pure ANC is aided by the headphones' soft over-ear cushions that acoustically seals your music in and the distracting noise out.
Rechargeable Battery: Pure ANC and Bluetooth functions are powered by a built-in rechargeable battery. The built-in Apple W1 chip makes the headphones much more energy-efficient than comparable models, providing up to 22 hours of battery life for music playback or conducting phone calls. You can turn off Pure ANC for a low-power mode that extends battery life to up to 40 hours. The headphones charge via USB, using the included charging cable. The Fast Fuel feature provides approximately 3 hours of playback with only a 10-minute charge. The bottom of the right earcup features a 5-light LED fuel gauge for monitoring the battery charge.
RemoteTalk Cable: The headphones include a 53" RemoteTalk Cable with an in-line remote and microphone. This cable allows you to listen to your favorite music or talk on your phone when you can't, or choose not to, go wireless. The RemoteTalk cable's in-line remote lets you control your music playback, manage your calls, activate Siri or voice command, and adjust the volume. The remote is fully compatible with iPhone, iPod, and iPad, and partially compatible with Android, Blackberry, and Windows devices.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked