About the JL Audio XD600/1
Each JL Audio XD amp packs a wallop far beyond what you'd expect from something so small. This super-compact amp plays your music with true fidelity and impressive impact, without straining your car's electrical system. A cast alloy heatsink and an advanced cooling system keep these amps at optimal temperature, eliminating thermal shut-downs so your music keeps going strong without interruption.
The XD600/1 mono amp delivers up to 600 watts RMS to your subwoofer system, and its low-pass filter features a choice of slopes for better control over the character of your bass. A subsonic filter allows you to tighten up your system's kick and gets rid of any inaudible, low-frequency information that could detract from your sub's performance.
"Differential-balanced" inputs keep the signals clear of outside noise, and allow you to connect this amp to just about any in-dash stereo, even a factory radio with no preamp outputs. An optional wired remote lets you tweak the level from your front seat.
- mono subwoofer amplifer
- 400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter (50-500 Hz, 12 or 24dB/octave)
- subsonic filter (30 Hz, 24 dB/oct)
- optional wired remote for level control
- Class D amplifier design with NextD switching amp technology
- differential-balanced inputs eliminate noise coming from your vehicle's electrical system
- Advanced Rollback Protection System prevents thermal shut-down
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs (speaker-level input requires an optional adapter)
- preamp outputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 50-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 50-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 8-1/2"W x 2"H x 7-3/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 78263
What's in the box:
- Refurbished monoblock class-D subwoofer amplifier
- JL Audio emblem
- Owner's Manual
JL Audio XD600/1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio XD600/1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
400 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||7-500 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||87 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 or 24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Fuse Rating||In-line 50A (not included)|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Monoblock Class-D Subwoofer Amplifier: The JL Audio XD600/1 is a monoblock amplifier utilizing JL Audio NexD high-speed switching technology to deliver outstanding fidelity and efficiency. The XD600/1 can be operated with a wide variety of source units and system configurations. Its frequency response is limited to the range below 500 Hz. Every aspect of its operation has been optimized for low-frequency amplification.
Note: The XD600/1 is not designed for driving midrange speakers or tweeters.
Amplifier Rating: The JL Audio XD600/1 Class D monoblock, subwoofer amplifier is rated at 400 Watts RMS x 1-channel in 4-ohm at 20 to 500Hz with a signal-to-noise-ratio of 87 dB and a total harmonic distortion of 1% while receiving 14.4 Volts.
NexD Class D Technology: NexD is a state-of-the-art switching amplifier design that combines exceptional audio quality with excellent efficiency and less complexity. This results in an affordable compact amplification with exceptional audio quality and unsurpassed total efficiency.
Advanced Rollback Protection: The XD-Series amplifiers employ advanced thermal and low-impedance protection to virtually eliminate annoying amplifier shut-down events. Should any XD-Series amplifier ever overheat, its intelligent, unregulated power supply reacts by limiting available peak voltage until the amplifier returns to a safe temperature range. Likewise, if an impedance lower than optimal for the amplifier is present at the outputs, the XD amplifier will roll back peak voltage to protect itself without shutting down.
Differential-Balanced Inputs: The JL Audio amplifier features differential-balanced input architecture to effectively control noise and ensure compatibility with a wide variety of source units, including many OEM systems.Without resorting to line output converters, you can directly connect most OEM source units to the JL Audio amplifier without creating any noise or compatibility issues. Unlike conventional single-ended inputs, the differential-balanced design does not connect one side of the audio signal to chassis ground. This eliminates any voltage sensitivity between one input terminal and ground and greatly reduces the incidence of alternator whine in a typical car audio installation.
Note: You will need a speaker wire to RCA adaptor (136XDCLR2S, sold separately) to connect this amplifier to your headunit via speaker-level.
Protection Circuitry With Status Indicator Lights: There is a single multi-color LED on the top panel of the amplifier to indicate the amplifier's operating status.
- Flashing Green: When the LED is flashing green, the amplifier is powering up and audio output is muted.
- Constant Green: This LED lights green to indicate that the amplifier is turned on and operating normally.
- Constant Red: This Red LED lights to indicate that the amplifier has exceeded its safe operating temperature, putting the amplifier into a self-protection mode, which reduces the power output of the amplifier. The red light will shut off and the amplifier will return to normal, full-power operating mode if the heat sink temperature drops back to a safe level.
- Constant Amber (Yellow): The Amber (Yellow) LED light indicates that an over-current condition has occurred and is accompanied by a muting of the amplifier's output. Over-current condition can be caused by a speaker impedance lower than the optimum load impedance range for the amplifier or a short-circuit in the speaker wiring.
- LED Off: The only condition that will shut down an undamaged XD600/1 completely is if battery voltage or remote turn-on voltage drops below 10-volts. The amplifier will turn back on when voltage climbs back above 11-volts.
Cooling System: The outer shell of the JL Audio amplifier is designed to remove heat from the amplifier circuitry. For optimum cooling performance, this outer shell should be exposed to as large a volume of air as possible. Enclosing the amplifier in a small, poorly ventilated chamber can lead to excessive heat build-up and degraded performance.
Control Panel Cover: The XD600/1 features a Control Panel Security Cover which protects and hides the amplifier's controls. When installed, the cover ensures that the amplifier's settings are not accidentally changed while creating a clean aesthetic look for the amplifier and your installation. The control panel security cover is pre-installed at the factory and must be temporarily removed for access the amplifier's controls. The security cover is secured by two 2.5mm hex-head screws.
Simplified Gain Setting: The XD Series amplifier makes setting the gain level of the amp via the input sensitivity control very simple. All you need is Digital AC Voltmeter (142TK12V, sold separately) and a Test CD Disc (503CD104, sold separately) with a sine-wave test-tone recorded at 0 dB reference level in the frequency range to be amplified for that set of channels (50 Hz for subwoofer channels, 1 kHz for a midrange application).
Flexible Input Section And Active Crossover Network: The JL Audio XD amplifier provides a flexible input section and a comprehensive crossover network to fine tune your system effectively and accurately. The variable filter design employed in the JL Audio XD amplifier crossover sections allow you to seamlessly switch slopes, easily change filter frequencies and address what frequencies the preamp inputs will pass. The XD600/1 offers the following independent crossover adjustments behind a removal cover plate.
- Switchable Slope on all filters: 12dB/octave Butterworth or 24dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley alignments allowing for more precise integration of subwoofer and speaker channels.
- Variable Frequency: Fully-variable frequency selection from 50-500 Hz for low-pass crossover.
- Infrasonic Filter: The Infrasonic Filter is a 24 d/b/octave high-pass filter, with a fixed cutoff frequency of 30 Hz. This filter is designed to conserve amplifier power and protect subwoofer systems, without audibly degrading the sub-bass output.
Note: The amplifier's low-pass filter can be bypassed in order to use an external active crossover in your car audio system. With the internal crossover turned off, the XD600/1's upper frequency response is limited to 500Hz.
Power/Ground/Turn-On Terminals: The amplifier features set-screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn-on connections.
- Power and Ground: The JL Audio amplifier's set-screw Power and Ground connections are designed to accept 8 to 4 AWG power wire. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connections.
- Remote Turn-On: The JL Audio XD amplifier's set-screw turn-on lead will accept 18 to 8 AWG wire. The same 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connection.
Note: The Amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 50-amp AFS, AGU, or MAXI fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 50-amps, the original should be replaced with a 50-amp fuse.
Speaker Output Terminals: The JL XD600/1 features four set-screw speaker terminals for an easy parallel subwoofer connection. The XD600/1 amplifier's four set-screw speaker terminals will accept 16 to 8 AWG speaker wire. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connections.
Preamp Inputs: The amplifier features one set of differential-balanced RCA jack inputs. The amplifier features a dedicated Input Sensitivity gain control for these inputs. These controls are designed to match the input sensitivity of the XD600/1 to the specific signal source that is feeding it. The amplifier's input level can be set between 100mV-4V RMS.
Preamp Outputs: The XD600/1 incorporates a pass-through preamp output sections, so that additional amplifiers can easily be connected to the same signal(s) feeding the XD600/1. These preamp output signals are buffered to prevent noise and are always preamp level, regardless of the level of signals feeding the XD600/1's inputs.
Remote Level Control: The amplifier features a standard telephone connector for adding an optional wired remote level control. With the addition of the optional wired Remote Level Control (136XDRLC, sold separately), you can control the volume of the XD600/1 from the front of your vehicle. This is useful for subwoofer level control. If desired, multiple XD amplifiers can be controlled from a single XD-RLC controller using a simple phone line splitter and multiple phone cables (all sold separately).
Note: All inputs and outputs are located on the front side of the amplifier to make installation of the amplifier simple and neat.