About the Amazon Echo Studio
High-resolution audio in a smart speaker
The 5-speaker array of the Amazon Echo Studio create a spacious, virtual 3D soundfield.
High-resolution audio in a smart speaker
The Amazon Echo Studio was built to deliver high-resolution sound. Its five-speaker array creates a big, three-dimensional soundfield with plenty of rich, sonic detail — perfect for playing Amazon Music HD, TIDAL, and other high-resolution streaming subscription services.
And the Echo Studio has all the convenient voice-activated features you'd expect in an Echo. Use Amazon Alexa voice commands to order take-out or call up a favorite music playlist. Ask for the weather, the news, and more.
Sophisticated audio design
The Echo Studio features a front-firing 1" tweeter for clean highs. Three 2" midrange speakers — two side-firing and one up-firing — disperse sound evenly throughout the room. The down-firing 5-1/4" woofer is coupled with a slotted port to further strengthen the bass output.
The system has a 24-bit DAC (digital-to-analog converter) to accurately decode high-resolution file formats such as FLAC. And it's also compatible with Sony's 360 Reality Audio. This format, now found in premium TIDAL, Deezer, and Amazon Music HD services, creates a virtual 3D listening experience in your room.
And the Echo Studio is compatible with Dolby® sound processing, including Dolby Atmos®.Using a Fire TV streaming device (sold separately), you can send Atmos soundtracks to the speaker wirelessly for big-sounding effects.
Automatic self-tuningThe Echo Studio automatic monitors your room's acoustics. It then adjusts the sound to ensure you experience your music properly. This self-tuning feature isn't just for virtual 3D tracks. It's applied to all music playback from the speaker.
Of course, the Echo Studio is great for standard-resolution streaming services, internet radio stations, and podcasts. Tell Alexa to mix and match from Pandora®, Spotify®, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, and other popular services (subscriptions may be required). If you have more than one Amazon smart speaker in your home, you can even designate which speaker — or combination of speakers — to play.
Hands-free control for your smart home
Use your voice to control smart lights, switches, and thermostats from companies like Wemo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, and more. The Echo Studio has a built-in Zigbee hub, giving you control over a wide range of Zigbee-compatible smart home devices.
The Alexa virtual assistant app can answer questions, read audiobooks to you, find a recipe, tell you who won last night's game and more. All activated by the sound of your voice.
Two-way Bluetooth® wireless convenience
The Amazon Echo Studio also makes a great Bluetooth speaker. Just pair with your smartphone or tablet, and start streaming. And you can stream wirelessly from your Echo Studio to a pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones.
- connects to your home Wi-Fi network
- Bluetooth built-in
- stream music from compatible devices
- stream music to Bluetooth headphones
- array of built-in far-field microphones to pick up voice commands
- automatically analyses room acoustics to equalize for best sound
- three 2" mid-range speakers (1 up-firing, 2 side-firing), one 1" front-firing tweeter, one 5-1/4" down-firing woofer with slotted bass port
- maximum output: 330 watts
- built-in 24-bit DAC for high-resolution streaming music
- supports FLAC, MP3, AAC, Opus, Vorbis, Sony 360 Reality Audio, and more
- Dolby Digital®, Dolby Digital Plus®,and Dolby Atmos,®, sound processing
- requires Fire TV streaming device, sold separately, to play multichannel soundtracks
Alexa voice control:
- "Voice Profile" recognizes different voices for personalized answers
- each person can sync their calendar, news preferences, and Amazon Music profile to their voice
- wirelessly stream from Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, IHeartRadio, Amazon Music HD, and other online music services (subscriptions may be required)
- multiple Amazon Alexa devices can be grouped together so you can play the same song in every room
- free Alexa app is compatible with Fire OS, Android™, and iOS® devices
- access Alexa skills, such as news updates, weather reports, smart home commands, and more
- built-in Zigbee smart home hub for controlling Zigbee-compatible devices
- microphone mute button lets you choose when Alexa is listening
- top-mounted volume control buttons
- 3.5mm combination mini-optical digital/analog stereo minijack audio input
- 6-15/16" diameter x 8-1/8" high
- weight: 7.7 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AMZ-STUDIO-B
What's in the box:
- Voice-activated powered speaker
- 59" AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Information
Amazon Echo Studio reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Amazon Echo Studio
Voice-Activated Powered Speaker: The Amazon Echo Studio is a hands-free speaker you control with your voice. Echo Studio connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, make calls, set alarms and timers, control smart home devices, and provide information regarding news, sports scores, weather, and more. When listening to music, Echo Studio creates an immersive 3D soundscape, wrapping you in studio-quality audio from every direction.
- Dolby Atmos Sound: Dolby Atmos technology enables a multidimensional audio experience, adding space, clarity, and depth. Five strategically positioned speakers generate room-filling sound, sending different parts of the song to your ears from different directions. The Echo Studio is equipped with one 1" front-firing tweeter, three 2" multi-directional midrange drivers (two side-firing / 1 up-firing), and one 5.25" down-firing woofer (with bass aperature) that are powered by a built-in 330W (Peak) amplifier for full-range sound. The Echo Studio even nalyzes the acoustics of your room and continuously adjusts audio filters during music playback to optimize sound output regardless of placement.
- Far-Field Voice Recognition w/ ESP (Echo Spatial Perception): On top of the Echo Studio speaker is an array of seven microphones that use beam-forming technology and enhanced noise cancellation. With far-field voice recognition, the Echo Studio can hear you ask a question from any direction - even while playing music. When you want to use Echo Studio, just say the wake word "Alexa" and the Echo Studio responds instantly. If you have more than one Echo device, Alexa responds intelligently from the Echo you're closest to with ESP (Echo Spatial Perception).
- You can turn the Amazon Echo's microphone off by pushing the microphone on/off button on the top of the device. When the microphone on/off button turns red, the microphone is off. The device will not respond to the wake word, nor respond to the action button, until you reactivate the microphone by pushing the microphone on/off button again.
- You cannot connect multiple Alexa devices to each other and play the same requested audio at the same time.
Built-In WiFi (MIMO): The Amazon Echo Studio comes ready to connect to your home's WiFi network. It features Dual-band (2.4GHz/5GHz), dual-antenna MIMO WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) for faster streaming and fewer dropped connections than standard WiFi. It does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) WiFi.
Alexa App: With the free Alexa App on Apple iOS 11.0+, Android OS 5.0+, Fire OS, and desktop browsers, you can easily setup (including WiFi network) and manage the Echo Studio voice-activated powered speaker. The free Amazon Alexa App is a companion to your Alexa device for setup, remote control, and enhanced features. Interactions with Alexa are automatically mirrored visually on your Amazon Alexa App, providing more information as you want it. The Amazon Alexa App lets you easily manage your alarms, music, shopping lists, and more.
- Music Apps w/ Multi-Room: Use the Alexa App to connect music services you already use like Spotify, Pandora, and iHeart Radio. The new Multi-Room Music section allows you to designate a group for devices on the same WiFi network. Once created, group names can be used to control music playback.
- Smart Home w/ Routines: Setup your smart home devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, SmartThings, Insteon, Nest, and more. You'll be able to view the state and control your smart lights, locks, and thermostats. When you are on-the go, you can use the app to quickly check the status of your lock or turn off your lights. The new Routines section allows you to automate a series of Smart Home actions with one custom command.
- Calls & Messaging: With the Alexa App, you can call and message Amazon Echo device owners and anyone else with the Alexa App on their phones. When you're away from home, use the app to make a quick call or send a message to your family's Echo. Use Drop In to instantly connect with your devices for a call. For example, you can drop in to let the family know it's time for dinner or check in on the baby's nursery.
- Other Features: See what books are available to read from your Kindle & Audible libraries, plus enjoy Podcasts. View shopping, to-do lists, and Google Calendar while on the go. Control your timers and set custom tones for your alarms, and much more. The Alexa App is also where you discover and enable third-party skills.
Skills: Skills are voice-driven capabilities that enhance the functionality of the Amazon Echo Studio with Alexa. The Echo Studio uses tens of thousands of skills and counting; new skills are being added all the time. You can search for and enable skills in the Alexa app or from the Alexa Skills store on the website. You can also see ratings and reviews to learn what other customers are saying about the thousands of skills available in the Alexa App. To use an Alexa skill, first enable the skill, and then make your request based on the example phrases shown in the app. If you know the exact name of the skill you want, you can say, "Enable [skill name] skill." Some skills may require you to link to an existing account and a separate subscription in order to use the skill.
Note: At this time, you cannot customize which content is available on specific devices. For example, music, skills, shopping lists are available on all Alexa devices registered to the same account as the content.
Alexa Voice Service: When you want to use the Echo Studio, simply say the wake word, "Alexa," and the Echo Studio lights up and streams audio to the cloud, where the Alexa Voice Service is leveraged to recognize and respond to your request instantly. Once you say "Alexa", the audio stream includes a fraction of a second of audio before the wake word, and closes once your question or request has been processed. Alexa (the brain behind Echo) is built in the cloud, so it is always getting smarter. The more you use Echo Studio, the more it adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences.
- Voice Profile: Voice Profiles give you the ability to teach Alexa your voice. Now when you then interact with your compatible devices, Alexa creates a personalized experience for you and each user in your home who creates a Voice Profile.
- Wake Word: When the Amazon Echo Studio detects the "Alexa" wake word, the light ring around the top of Amazon Echo Studio turns blue to indicate that the Amazon Echo Studio is streaming audio to the Cloud. If you'd like, you can give each Alexa Echo device a distinct name.
- Wake-Up Sound: You can also enable a "wake-up sound", a short audible tone that plays after the wake word "Alexa" is recognized to indicate that the device is streaming audio.
- End-Of-Request Sound: You can also enable an "end-of-request sound" that will play a short audible tone at the end of your request, to indicate that the connection has closed and the device is no longer streaming audio.
Note: Alexa is developed to get better over time. Alexa uses your voice recordings and other information, including from third-party services, to answer your questions, fulfill your requests, and improve your experience and our services. When you set up the Echo Studio or link third-party services with Alexa, Alexa begins processing some information, such as your music playlists. You can also help Alexa improve its voice services by providing feedback within History or by using Voice Training in the Alexa App.
Alexa Calling & Messaging: Now you can quickly call and send/receive voice messages for your family and friends via Alexa-all just by using your voice. You can send and receive Alexa messages, as well as place and receive Alexa calls between Echo devices and the Alexa App. You can place outbound calls to most phone numbers in the United States, Canada, and Mexico using the Echo Studio and other Alexa enabled Echo devices.
- Calling: You can use supported Echo devices and the Alexa App to call another person who has registered for Alexa Calling & Messaging, or place an outbound call to most phone numbers in the United States, Canada, and Mexico for free. When you receive Alexa calls on your supported Echo device, Alexa will tell you that you have an incoming call and identify the caller. You also will see a rotating green light ring on the Echo device, and an incoming call screen on Echo Show and Spot devices. You can say "Alexa, answer" to pick up the call. Either person can end the call by saying "Alexa, hang up." When you receive a call, you also will receive a notification on your mobile phone and will see an incoming call screen in the Alexa App that lets you answer the call.
- Messaging: You can use supported Echo devices and the Alexa App to send voice and text messages to another person who has registered for Alexa Calling & Messaging. Messages are processed in the Cloud to convert voice messages to text, and vice versa. When you receive a message on a supported Echo device, you will hear an audio tone and see a visual notification. You will be able to retrieve the message on your supported Echo devices by saying "Alexa, play my messages." When you receive a message, you also will receive a notification on your mobile phone, and you will be able to view and play the message in the Alexa App. Alexa messaging does not support sending or receiving text messages to or from phone numbers.
- Drop-In: The optional Drop In feature will let you easily connect with your closest friends and family that have supported Echo devices. When someone drops in on your supported Echo device, you will hear an audio tone and see a visual indicator that someone is dropping in on you. The contact on the other side of the Drop In will automatically hear audio through your device.
- Alexa Calling & Messaging supports receiving Alexa calls only; it does not support inbound calls from phone numbers.
- You cannot call 911 and other emergency services using Alexa.
Music Listening: The Amazon Echo Studio provides access to select online music services and the ability to setup a multiroom audio system with Amazon Music using multiple Alexa enabled devices. Subscriptions and fees will apply for online music services.
- Music Apps: The Amazon Echo Studio provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music (including HD), Apple Music, Tidal, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect, & SiriusXM. You can also upload your personal music collection from iTunes, Google Play Music, and more to your music library on Amazon and then stream your music through your Alexa device. Simply ask for your favorite artist or song, or request a specific genre or mood. You can also search for music by lyrics, when a song or album was released, or let Alexa pick the music for you. In addition, you can us the Echo Studio and Alexa to listen to Audible and Podcasts.
- Multiroom Music: Multiroom Music allows you to play and control music from Amazon, Amazon Unlimited, Amazon Prime, and some other 3rd-pary music providers across multiple, compatible Echo devices at the same time. You can tell Alexa to play music across your compatible Echo devices on the same WiFi network. Tell Alexa to play jazz in the kitchen, top pop in the family room, or play the same song throughout your whole home. To stream different music on multiple devices or on more than one Multiroom Music group at the same time, you must have an Amazon Music Unlimited Family plan.
Note: Supported audio formates include FLAC, MP3, AAC, Opus, Vorbis, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Atmos (up to 24-bit/192kHz.
Home Entertainment Control: Amazon Alexa now offers home entertainment skills for select multiroom audio systems - including Sonos, DTS Play-Fi, HEOS, Bose SoundTouch, & Yamaha MusicCast (all sold separately); as well as Sony Android TVs and LG AI ThinQ TVs (sold separately). You'll be able to control key functions and features by simply using voice commands.
Smart Home: The Amazon Echo Studio works with devices such as lights, switches, thermostats, and more from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobbe, Wink, and more. Control multiple devices at scheduled times or with a single voice command, like locking the doors and turning off the lights when you go to bed. Echo Studio even has a built-in Zigbee hub to easily setup and control your compatible smart home devices without the use of an external hub (some smart home devices may still require a separate hub)
- Lighting: With the Amazon Echo Studio and Alexa, you can control lighting products using your voice, smartphone, or tablet.
- Outlets: With the Echo Studio, Alexa, and smart outlets, you can control electronics and appliances using your voice, smartphone, or tablet.
- Thermostats: With the Echo Studio, Alexa, and compatible thermostats, you can control the temperature of your home using your voice, smartphone, or tablet.
- Door Locks: With the Echo Studio and Alexa you can control compatible door locks using your voice, smartphone, or tablet.
IFTTT: The Echo Studio with Alexa supports IFTTT, or "IF This, Then That," a third-party service that automates how your devices, apps, and websites work with each other through rules (or "Applets"). After you activate an Applet through the IFTTT website, Alexa can then trigger that IFTTT Applet when you interact with the Echo Studio.
Note: Currently, the Echo Studio and Alexa can't be the action in an Applet. For example, you can't allow Alexa to notify you of new tweets on your Twitter account.
Alexa Guard with Smart Alerts: You can enable Alexa Guard to get Smart Alerts if your Echo device detects the sound of smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, or glass breaking. Alexa will send you Smart Alerts, via phone notifications, if your Echo device detects the sound of smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, or glass breaking. You are then able to play the detected sound from your Alexa app, or Drop In on your Echo remotely to investigate what's happening. Alexa can also automatically turn compatible smart lights on and off to make it look like someone is home. In addition, Alexa can be integrated with your Ring or ADT alarm system and arm your security system. You can also choose to forward Smart Alerts you receive to Ring or ADT.
Note: Ring and ADT alarm system bundles are sold separately and will require an active subscription or contract.
Amazon Prime Shopping: If you're a Prime member, Alexa has exclusive deals for you every day on everything from home goods to electronics. Amazon Prime members can ask the Echo Studio through "Alexa" to order eligible products ordered before, many Prime products, and digital music tracks and albums. Your default payment and shipping settings will be used to place your order. You can require a speakable confirmation code, turn purchasing off, and see product and order details in your Alexa App. Just like orders placed through Amazon.com, orders placed through Alexa are subject to Amazon's Conditions of Use & Privacy Notice.
News & Information: The Amazon Echo Studio with Alexa can help you stay connected to the news that matters most to you - like world & local news, traffic, weather, sports, and movie times.
- Flash Briefing: Flash Briefing lets you put together a personalized lineup of updates from news sources like NPR, CNN, Fox News, and CNET. If you've set up a voice profile, Alexa recognizes your voice and can catch you up on the latest without repeating old news.
- Traffic & Weather: Alexa can help you get ready for your day. Set your commute start and stop point, and Alexa can tell you how long your commute will take. Or ask Alexa how the weather's looking.
- Sports & Movies: Get scores and schedules for the major football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and soccer leagues or set up a personalized Sports Update to keep tabs on your favorite teams. Alexa can even tell you movie show-times at theaters near you.
Questions/Answers + Fun/Games: The Echo Studio with Alexa taps into Yelp to provide you with info on local restaurants, shops, and other businesses. It also makes a great calculator and dictionary. You can even get fast facts on all type of topics from Wikipedia. Alexa also offers funny jokes and fun games for the family.
FreeTime For Kids: FreeTime on Alexa is an Alexa experience just for kids, available on the Echo, Echo Studio, Echo Dot, and Echo Dot Kids Edition. When you use FreeTime on Alexa, Alexa will play music, answer questions, read stories, tell jokes, and more with younger ears in mind. Certain Alexa features may differ when FreeTime on Alexa is enabled. For example, voice purchasing from Amazon is turned off and Alexa Calling and Messaging, if enabled, is limited to only within the household or with contacts you select.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Echo Studio is also Bluetooth-enabled (A2DP/AVRCP) and acts as a Bluetooth receiver, transmitter, or controller. Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support provides audio streaming from your mobile device to the Amazon Echo Studio, or from the Amazon Echo Studio to a Bluetooth speaker or headphone. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) offers voice control of connected mobile devices - like your smartphone or tablet.
Note: Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Hands-free phone communication (HFP) is not supported. Bluetooth audio streaming cannot be multiroom distributed.
Analog/Digital Combo Input: The Echo Studio is outfitted with a analog/digital combo input that consists of a 3.5mm jack that will accept an stereo minijack analog audio source or mini-optical digital audio source. The analog/digital combo input is not multiroom distributed compatible.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Amazon Echo Studio includes a detchable 59" AC power cord that will need to be plugged into the back of the speaker and an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Note: The Amazon Echo Studio is not battery powered.
Auto Updates: Because the Amazon Echo Studio is always connected to the internet, updates are delivered automatically.