About the Amazon Fire Stick Lite (2020 model)
Space-friendly way to add streaming services to your TV
The Amazon Fire Stick Lite plugs into an HDMI input on your TV and delivers Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and more.
Space-friendly way to add streaming services to your TV
With all the great movies and shows popping up on streaming services these days, it's nice to have a quick and easy way to watch them on your TV. The super-compact Amazon Fire Stick Lite fits neatly into your TV setup and offers a large selection of streaming options. It also comes with a handy remote with Alexa built right in — so you can hit the "mic" button and search by voice.
Compact design and easy setup
The Fire Stick Lite plugs into your TV's HDMI port. Then it connects to your network wirelessly via Wi-Fi. There are easy-to-follow on-screen instructions that walk you through setup.
Serves up standard HD video up to 1080p
Just to clarify: this player is capable of HD video quality up to 1080p. So you won't get 4K streaming, but you can absolutely connect this to a 4K TV — and should still enjoy pretty great video quality. And while there is more 4K content out there than ever, most shows, movies — and especially sports — are still standard HD.
Do "smart TV" owners need a separate streaming stick?
While most TVs these days have some streaming services baked in, I find that Amazon offers a more complete list — Prime Video, Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, AppleTV+ and beyond. There's a ridiculous amount of movie channels, news, kids, sports, you name it. (As I write this, the only higher-profile service Amazon doesn't offer is Peacock.)
For example, I own a Smart TV, but I need a separate streaming video player to watch shows on HBO Max, baseball games on MLB.TV and order UFC pay-per-views on ESPN+. I can't access any of those services on my Smart TV without one.
Beam sound to headphones wirelessly via Bluetooth
The Fire Stick Lite's built-in Bluetooth can transmit the sound of your movies, shows, and other media to a pair of Bluetooth headphones. This is perfect for late night binge-watching. It uses the newer Bluetooth 5.0, which offers a stronger, more reliable wireless connection.
- plays streaming video and music services to your TV and home audio setup
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi for fast video streaming and loading
- plugs into an HDMI input on your TV
- compact, portable design fits neatly behind wall-mounted TVs
- HD video resolution up to 1080p
- delivers HD video to 4K Ultra HDTVs
- supports lower resolutions when used with 720p TVs
- 4K streaming not supported
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) for extended picture contrast and brightness on compatible TVs
- supports HDR10, HDR 10+, and HLG format
- Bluetooth 5.0 transmitter sends audio wirelessly from the player to compatible Bluetooth headphones
- listen to TV audio without disturbing others
Alexa Voice Remote Lite:
- operates Fire Stick via Bluetooth, so you can store player out of sight
- cannot control TV or volume
- Amazon Alexa voice control built-in
- press and hold voice button to search for movies, shows, and streaming services
- free, downloadable Alexa App available for Fire OS, Android™, and iOS® devices
- 2 AAA batteries included
Streaming video and music channels (some subscriptions or purchases required):
- popular streaming video channels like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Apple TV+
- HBO Max, SHOWTIME, STARZ, CBS All Access, Telemundo, AMC+, and other movie/TV channels
- YouTube, Tubi, PBS, CW, ABC, and other free video channels
- Disney Now, Nick Jr, Noggin, PBS KIDS and other children's programming
- ESPN+, DAZN, B/R Live, NBC Sports, FOX Sports GO, and other sports channels
- MLB.TV, NBA League Pass, WWE Network, and NHL streaming channels
- Spotify®, Amazon Music, Pandora®, and other streaming music services
- live streaming cable TV alternatives:
- SlingTV, Hulu+ Live TV, YouTubeTV
Connections and General Info:
- 1 HDMI output
- HDMI extender adapter included for flexible installation
- quad-core processor for fast, smooth video streaming
- Dolby® and DTS® sound pass-through
- includes Dolby Atmos pass-through (connected Atmos-enabled sound bar or receiver may require software update)
- included USB cable connects to TV's USB port or included AC adapter for power
- dual-band 802.11ac wireless Wi-Fi (Ethernet adapter cable sold separately)
- 1/2"W x 3-1/2"H x 1-1/4"D
- weight: 1.1 ounces
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires high-speed internet connection
- MFR # B07YNLBS7R
What's in the box:
- Network audio/video streaming device
- USB/AC power adapter
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 4.75" HDMI extension adapter
- 58" microUSB-to-USB cable
- Quick Start Guide
Amazon Fire Stick Lite (2020 model) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Amazon Fire Stick Lite (2020 model)
Quad-Core 1.7GHz Processor: The Amazon Fire TV Stick (Lite) employs Quad-Core 1.7GHz processor and has 50% more power than the previous generation Fire TV Stick to deliver quick access to online apps and fast streaming in Full HD (1080p).
HDMI Connectivity: The Amazon Fire TV Stick (Lite) features a HDMI output connector that plugs directly into a HDMI input of your TV and tucks neatly behind your TV thanks to its compact design. You can even move the Fire TV Stick (Lite) between TVs at home or away so your content travels with you.
- 1080p/HDR: The Fire TV Stick (Lite) supports 1080p Full HD @ 60Hz. Its also compatible with HDR (High Dynamic Range) video; including HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG.
- Dolby Atmos: The Amazon Fire TV Stick (Lite) will pass 2ch PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital+, and Dolby Atmos (via Dolby Digital+).
Note: The Amazon Fire TV Stick (Lite) is not compatible with 4K, Dolby Vision, 3D, DTS, and DTS:X.
Dual-Band WiFi (MIMO): The Amazon Fire TV Stick (Lite) will connect wirelessly via to your WiFi network router. It uses dual-band 2.4/5GHZ WiFi (MIMO) for faster streaming and fewer dropped connections than standard WiFi. It supports 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi networks
Note: The Fire TV Stick (Lite) does not offer a hardwired Ethernet (RJ45) network connection.
Entertainment Video Apps: The Amazon Fire TV Stick (Lite) gives you access to 500,000+ movies and TV episodes (subscription and purchase fees may apply). You'll be able to search across multiple online streaming services, including hundreds of channels and apps, to find what you want to watch.
- Movies & TV: Watch movies, TV shows, and documentaries on Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Disney+,Apple TV+, HBO Max, Starz, ShowTime, and more.
- Live TV: Watch your favorite live TV, news, and sports with subscriptions to Sling TV, YouTube TV, and others.
- Free TV: You even get access access to over 20,000 free movies and TV shows from apps like IMDb TV, Tubi, Pluto TV and more.
Note: Click here for a full list of online entertainment video apps.
Music & Internet Radio: Listen to music and radio from online streaming services such as Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, and others (subscription and purchase fees may apply). Click here for a full list of online music and internet radio apps.
Alexa Voice Remote: The Fire TV Stick (Lite) comes with a Bluetooth remote control featuring a built-in microphone and supports Amazon Alexa voice control. Simply press and hold the voice button on the remote and ask "Alexa" to find, launch and control content. You'll be able to easily search and enjoy thousands of movies, TV shows, apps, and games with just your voice. Alexa can also play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control smarthome devices, and more.
Note: The included Alexa Voice Remote does not have TV controls and will not control power and volume on your TV, soundbar, or receiver.
Fire TV App: The free Amazon Fire TV mobile app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) lets you control the Fire TV Stick (Lite) from your compatible smartphone or tablet device. The Fire TV app offers simple navigation, a keyboard for easy text entry, plus quick access to your favorite apps and games.
Bluetooth Transmitter: Bluetooth 5.0 and Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) lets you pair the Fire TV Stick (Lite) with Bluetooth-enabled speakers, headphones, video game controllers, and more. The Fire TV Stick (Lite) acts as a Bluetooth transmitter and not a Bluetooth receiver.
Low Power Mode: Low Power Mode reduces energy consumption on the Fire TV Stick (Lite) when the device is in sleep mode. The Fire TV Stick (Lite) goes into Low Power Mode when the device goes to sleep due to inactivity or if you put the device to sleep manually through the Settings menu. The Fire TV Stick (Lite) exits Low Power Mode when you wake up the device by pressing the "Select" button on the remote.
AC Power: The Amazon Fire TV Stick (Lite) comes with a USB/AC power adapter and a 58" microUSB-to-USB cable that will plug into the microUSB port of the Amazon Fire TV Stick (Lite) and a AC power wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
1 question already asked