About the MartinLogan Axis
In-wall innovation from MartinLogan
In-wall innovation from MartinLogan
We don't think that just because a speaker keeps a low visual profile, it can't make a bold statement when you crank it up. Neither does MartinLogan. As part of their superb Stealth™ Architectural Series, the Axis delivers some of the finest music and movie sound you'll likely ever hear from an in-wall speaker. That's because MartinLogan lavishes the same attention to detail and advanced technologies on the Axis as they do their highly regarded bookshelf and floor-standing speakers. Use the Axis to create an ultra-high performance in-wall stereo system, or as left, right, center, and surround speakers for a killer, low-profile home theater.
Folded Motion XT tweeter for detailed sound
MartinLogan's innovative Folded Motion XT tweeter uses a pleated diaphragm that works similarly to an accordion by "squeezing" air to create sound. Because it requires almost 90% less excursion than the typical 1" dome tweeter, response time is drastically reduced, along with distortion. The diaphragm's increased surface area also provides wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and highly accurate soundstage. Music and movies will sound amazingly detailed, but smooth and effortless, without a trace of harshness.
A rotatable tweeter ensures you get excellent high-frequency sound whether you mount the Axis horizontally or vertically.
Heavy-duty construction and premium-quality parts provide years of trouble-free listening enjoyment.
Solid construction, powerful performance
The speaker's tight, responsive bass and dynamic midrange come courtesy of dual 5-1/4" aluminum cone woofers. Mounted in a rigid, cast-aluminum basket to minimize unwanted resonance, the woofers supply fast, clean sound that blends seamlessly with the Folded Motion XT tweeter. A hand-built, audiophile-grade crossover further ensures precise driver integration for high-accuracy sound.
Beneath the Axis' low-profile grille, a thick, vibration-resistant MDF baffle helps lock the drivers securely in place. The baffle sports a high-gloss piano black finish that looks so good you might even be tempted to go grille-less to show off your speakers. The baffle, drivers, and crossover are all contained within a warp-resistant, die-cast aluminum frame that provides outstanding strength and durability. A robust mounting-lock system allows quick, trouble-free installation, providing firm coupling of the speaker's chassis to the wall.
- 1.25" x 2.4" Folded Motion XT tweeter for exceptional detail with low distortion
- two 5-1/4" aluminum cone woofers with cast aluminum baskets for powerful, accurate bass
- frequency response: 45-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 20-250 watts
- sensitivity: 94 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- rotatable tweeter allows optimized sound dispersion whether mounting speaker vertically or horizontally
- fits vertically or horizontally between standard 16" stud spacing for use in left, right, center, or surround speaker applications
- hand-built audiophile-grade crossover network
- solid one-piece cast aluminum chassis
- magnetically attached paintable speaker grille
- frame dimensions: 7-7/8"W x 15-1/4"H
- cutout dimensions: 7-1/8"W x 14-7/16"H
- mounting depth: 3-15/16"
- weight: 13 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years (with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Axis
What's in the box:
- In-wall speaker
- Paint shield
- User's Manual
- Install Template
MartinLogan Axis reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MartinLogan Axis
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Tweeter||Folded Motion XT|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Cutout Size||7.125 x 14.4375|
|Power Range (Watts)||20-250|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years w/registration|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years w.registration|
Stealth Series: Stealth Series speakers are designed to disappear visually into the room, and each one has a completely bezel-less, low-profile, paintable grille for the ultimate stealth installation. Martin Logan's in-house design and engineering team also minimized the grille's perforated metal holes to create a more discreet look, without compromising the quality of sound. A magnetic system secures grilles easily into place, reducing the risk of warping or damage during installation. MartinLogan also refined the look underneath the grille for those who want to show off their high-performance in-wall or in-ceiling speakers. The driver complements are held securely in place by a flush mounted 0.75" solid, high-gloss piano black baffle that hides all mounting hardware
Two-Way Driver Design The Stealth Series Axis utilizes MartinLogan's larger, low distortion Folded Motion XT tweeter, along with two black-aluminum, high-excursion midbass drivers.
- Folded Motion Tweeter: MartinLogan's exquisite 1.25" x 2.4" Folded Motion XT tweeter, with its large radiating surface, works by moving air perpendicular to the folded ridges of the diaphragm, similar to how an accordion works. This extremely low mass diaphragm "squeezes" air, requiring almost 90% less excursion than a typical 1" dome tweeter. This drastically minimizes distortion while providing lightning-fast transient response. The increased surface area also delivers wide, yet controlled dispersion ensuring a breathtakingly realistic and delicately etched soundstage. You are able to rotate and aim the tweeter at your desired listening area.
- Aluminum Cone Woofers: The MartinLogan in-wall speaker employs two 5.25" aluminum cone woofers with rubber surrounds and cast aluminum baskets for detailed midrange and powerful midbass extension.
Advanced Crossover Network: Key to the MartinLogan Axis speaker's sophisticated sound is an advanced topology Vojtko crossover network. Each crossover is built on top of double-layered, super-thick, black PC boards and constructed with the highest-quality components. Internals including massive air-core coils, thick, high-purity 16-gauge copper wire, and low-distortion polypropylene capacitors ensure that every nuance of the audio signal is preserved.
Rigid Chassis: The MartinLogan Axis in-wall speakers features a gloss piano-black speaker baffle that hides all mounting hardware, a solid one-piece cast aluminum chassis, and a bezel-less magnetic grille. The speaker has a mounting height of 0.25" from the outer wall.
Spring-Post Terminals: The MartinLogan Axis is fitted with a set of spring-post terminals to connect your in-wall speaker wire.
Robust Mounting System: Axis' robust mounting-lock system is coupled with a solid aluminum chassis. When not in use, the constant-control mounting locks are held securely within a self-contained housing. When moved into place during installation, they couple the chassis and add rigidity to the wall. The in-wall speaker will fit horizontally between standard 16" stud spacing.
Speaker Applications: The MartinLogan Axis in-wall loudspeaker can be used as a center channel, front left/right speaker, surround left/right speaker, or simply in a stereo or multiroom application.
Speaker Placement: The MartinLogan in-wall speaker offers superb imaging and flexible placement in nearly any location. However, for best performance and imaging place speakers equidistant from one another and avoid physical obstructions between the speaker and primary listening position.
Break-In Period: Allow approximately 72 hours of break-in at 90 dB (moderate listening levels) before any critical listening.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked