About the MartinLogan Dynamo™ 600X
Add punch to your movie and TV soundtracks
Add punch to your movie and TV soundtracks
MartinLogan's Dynamo 600X features a high-excursion 10" woofer in a ported cabinet, driven by a 120-watt amplifier. It's a combination that delivers home theater effects with impressive low-end rumble. Like other models in MartinLogan's new 2018 Dynamo lineup, this sub has some cool app-based conveniences that make it easier than ever to set up and adjust.
Anthem Room Correction (ARC) automatically fixes room acoustics problems
Download the free ARC Mobile app to your iOS® or Android™ phone or tablet. Your device takes bass measurements using its built-in microphone, analyzes the signal to find acoustic irregularities, and automatically applies correction. The result? Smooth, well-balanced bass that's tailored to your specific room, furnishings, and audio system.
A handy Bluetooth® control app
Once you get the Dynamo 600X placed in your room, you're not likely to have to strain to reach its back-panel controls — it actually has relatively few of those. Instead, you'll use MartinLogan's Subwoofer Control app, which connects the sub to your phone via Bluetooth, so you can make any necessary adjustments from the comfort of your favorite listening seat. That includes volume and preset EQ curves, as well as tweakier adjustments like phase and crossover.
Want to make it wireless?
Add MartinLogan's optional SWT-X wireless transmitter/receiver system to lose the signal cables entirely. The kit's receiver plugs directly into a port on the back of the subwoofer. (Remember, you'll still need to plug this baby into an AC outlet.)
- frequency response: 27-200 Hz (±3dB)
- built-in amplifier delivers 120 watts of continuous power (240 watts peak)
- 10" high-excursion polypropylene woofer with an inverted surround
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet with down-firing woofer and slot port
- compatible with Anthem Room Correction (ARC) Mobile app for room optimization using your device's built-in mic, or an optional calibrated microphone
- free MartinLogan Subwoofer Control app for iOS® and Android™ for easy setup and configuration
- continuously variable low-pass 35-120 Hz crossover (app only)
- continuously variable phase control (app only)
- 3 preset listening modes: Music, Night, and Movie (app only)
- level control (app or rear-panel knob)
- auto on/off switch on back panel
- RCA stereo/LFE line-level input
- speaker-level inputs
- compatible with optional MartinLogan SWT-X wireless connection kit for more placement flexibility
- satin black finish
- 14-1/2"W x 16-3/8"H x 14-15-16"D
- weight: 35 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years (with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DYN600XD
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 6.5' AC power cord
- User's Manual
More details on the MartinLogan Dynamo™ 600X
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||35-120|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||N/A|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||120|
|Frequency Response||27-200 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||3 Yrs w/ Registration|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||3 Yrs w/ Registration|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||3 Yrs w/ Registration|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||3 Yrs w/ Registration|
Powerful, High-Excursion Woofer: The MartinLogan Dynamo 600X powered subwoofer features and advanced-design 10" polypropylene cone woofer that is down-firing with an inverted rubber surround and stamped steel basket, along with a powerful magnet, motor, and suspension design. This advanced-technology woofer pairs a high-power magnet structure with a low-mass diaphragm to provide massive excursion while perfectly preserving the tiniest bass detail. The exceptional damping properties of the cone ensure a smooth, non-resonant response necessary for truly seamless blending with high-performance loudspeakers. Every element of Dynamo 600X powered subwoofer has been meticulously designed to deliver an outstanding low-frequency performance without a hint of distortion.
Class D Amplifier Technology: The Dynamo 600X powered subwoofer's class-D amplifier is rated at 120 watts (RMS)/240 watts (Peak), operates with extremely low levels of distortion, and delivers dynamic impact with plenty of overhead. Low- noise, high-power switching power supplies produce clean power efficiently in a small space and effortlessly provide tremendous levels of current. Both feature high-quality MOSFET transistors, transformers, noise-suppression networks, and control circuitry. The switching power supply combined with reliable class-D technology means there's virtually no energy lost in the subwoofer system.
High-Density Cabinet Construction: The powered subwoofer's cabinet is constructed from the finest composite material for acoustical integrity and is finished with an attractive vinyl coating. Four robust rubber feet isolate the subwoofer cabinet from the floor to prevent any unwanted vibration, coloration, and distortion.
Low-Turbulence Port Design: When properly optimized and executed, ports are a convenient, cost-effective way to increase low-frequency output. The Dynamo 600X features a tuned, long, low-turbulence, down-firing port designed to provide superb low-end extension while minimizing port induced distortion.
Inverse Mathematical Equalization (IME) Filter: The IME filter used in the Dynamo series powered subwoofers is derived from the inverse of the unfiltered driver response. Precision IME filtering yields extremely accurate low-frequency response; superior to that provided by the simple second-order high-Q filters typically found in subwoofers in this price range.
Rear-Panel Level Control: The rear-panel level control (min-max) can be dialed in to match the output level of your loudspeakers. All other controls (such as the Low Pass Filter, Phase/Polarity, Listening Modes, and more) are handled through the MartinLogan Subwoofer Control app for Apple iOS and Android (see below). The volume level control can also be done from the app (there is a switch on the back to select between using the rear-panel dial or the mobile app).
MartinLogan Subwoofer Control App: MartinLogan's Subwoofer Control app (for Apple iOS 9.2+ and Android OS 5.0+) uses a Bluetooth connection to simplify setup and configuration of the Dynamo 600XX from your compatible smartphone or tablet device. App based controls include volume level, low-pass filter (frequency and order), phase, 20-30Hz level, three preset listening modes, and control of Anthem Room Correction. A unique tone sweep feature assists users in locating areas in listening rooms where troublesome rattles or resonances may occur.
- Volume Control & Tone Sweep: Volume Control allows you to adjust the loudness of your subwoofer from -40dB to 12dB. A unique Tone Sweep feature assists users in locating areas in listening rooms where troublesome rattles or resonances may occur. A single press of a button allows listeners to initiate a tone sweep from 20-120Hz. If a rattle or resonance occurs in the room any frequency can be held, allowing the listener to investigate and identify the source of the unwanted noise
- Low Pass Filter: The Low Pass Filter screen lets you to adjust the low-pass frequency for the left and right (RCA or speaker level) inputs and select between a third or fourth order crossover. This setting is not applied to the LFE input, instead leaving the task of bass management to your audio/video processor. If you're using this subwoofer as a dedicated LFE channel, just set the Low Pass Filter to "Bypass".
- Phase/Polarity: The Phase/Polarity screen allows you to adjust the phase of the subwoofer from 0-180° in increments of 1° and also allows you to invert the polarity of the phase.
- Listening Modes: Listening Modes let you apply preset listening modes to the subwoofer output. The Movie listening mode is an aggressive setting that maximizes device output for an especially explosive experience. The Music listening mode is balanced for an accurate musical presentation. The Night listening mode reduces bass output for discrete playback.
- 20-30Hz Level: The 20-30Hz Level control allows you to adjust subwoofer output from -10dB to +10dB in the 20-30Hz range; a range where peaks (room gain) and dips of different amplitudes often develop in listening rooms. This control can also be used to add a little extra bass boost to your system when you feel the need.
Anthem Room Correction (ARC) Mobile App: The Dynamo 600X supports the Anthem Room Correction App (for Apple iOS 9.2+ and Android OS 5.0+) through a Bluetooth connection with your compatible smartphone or tablet device. The Anthem Room Correction app utilizes the microphone in your compatible mobile device and measures low-frequency sound output in a room, and then compares it to optimal response curves that account for spatial anomalies. The advanced algorithms of Anthem Room Correction effectively remove anomalies, leaving only the ideal standard with realistically blended, natural-sounding bass.
Line-Level & Speaker-Level Inputs: The Dynamo 600X powered subwoofer features left and right inputs via RCA line-level, as well as speaker-level connections in the way of banana plugs. The Dynamo 600X's right line-level RCA input doubles as an LFE input for home theater applications (make sure to set the sub's crossover to "Bypass" when utilizing the LFE input).
Note: The powered sub's speaker-level inputs consist of banana plugs for use with single banana connectors only. The speaker level inputs will not support bare wire connection and do not support dual banana connectors.
Optional Wireless Receiver & Transmitter: The Dynamo 600X includes a USB-A connection port for MartinLogan's optional SWT-X Wireless Receiver & Transmitter (sold separately). The SWT-X Wireless Receiver Transmitter kit incorporates the latest in wireless audio transmission technology - including 2.4GHz dynamic frequency selection, forward error correction, and a range up to 50'. Easy to install, the SWT-X receiver requires no external power source or audio connections at the powered subwoofer (simply plug it into the USB-A port on the rear-panel of the 600X). The SWT-X transmitter features RCA jacks which will need to be connected to your AV receiver's subwoofer/LFE output, plus an included external AC power adapter will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet.
Auto Power On/Off: The powered subwoofer will automatically enter a power saving mode when no audio signal is detected. The subwoofer will automatically come out of power saving mode when an audio signal is detected. You can also manually turn the subwoofer On.