- ideal for an in-ceiling music or home theater system
- 1" titanium dome tweeter
- 6-1/2" mineral-filled polypropylene woofer
- 30°-angled drivers direct sound toward your listening position
- sound direction can be changed by rotating the speaker assembly before moving the mounting locks into place
- frequency response: 55-20,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 15-50 watts
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- ultra-thin bezel and paintable magnetic grille provide seamless integration into your décor
- speaker cutout diameter: 10-3/8"
- overall diameter: 11-7/16"
- mounting depth: 5-1/16"
- weight: 5.3 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # IC6HT
What's in the box:
- In-ceiling loudspeaker
- User's Manual
- Cutout Template
More details on the MartinLogan Installer Series IC6-HT
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Mineral-filled poly|
|Power Range (Watts)||15-50|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Yrs w/ Registration|
|Labor Warranty||5 Yrs w/ Registration|
Installer Series: Manufactured to the highest standards of quality and performance, the new Installer Series by MartinLogan is a line of affordable, high-performance, ultra-low-profile custom installation in-ceiling and in-wall speakers. Featuring titanium dome tweeters and mineral-filled polypropylene drivers, each model comes with a remarkably robust mounting-lock system and paintable micro-perf, bezel-free grilles for a nearly invisible installation.
Angled Baffle: Designed with a special baffle, the IC6-HT in-ceiling speaker features a woofer and titanium dome tweeter mounted at a 30° angle, making IC6-HT ideal for large multi-channel installations. Sound from the in-ceiling speaker can be easily directed toward the listening area by rotating the speaker assembly before positioning the mounting-locks into place.
- IC6-HT speakers are optimized for use in rooms with ceiling heights ranging from 8' to 9'. Point the tweeters toward the primary listening position. For overall clarity and balanced bass performance, these speakers should be mounted in the ceiling 12" or more from the wall.
- The IC6-HT may be used as a direct-radiating speaker, positioned with drivers pointed toward the listening area. The in-ceiling speaker is also ideal for use as surrounds and rears; aiming the speaker so sound bounces off the walls creates an enveloping, reverberant soundfield.
Two-Way Driver Design: The IC6-HT in-ceiling loudspeaker utilizes a two-way driver design with a 1" titanium dome tweeter and a 6.5" mineral-filled poly cone woofer. The titanium dome tweeter is ferrofluid damped andcooled for smooth high-frequency performance with amazing clarity across a wide listening area. The mineral-filled polypropylene cone bass/midrange driver features a robust computer-optimized ferrite magnet and a high-power motor structure to deliver detailed midrange performance and clean, extended bass response.
Precision Crossover: Carefully hand-built using only the finest polyester capacitors and air-core coils, Installer Series crossovers employ MartinLogan's proprietary Vojtko topology for extremely low distortion and seamless driver integration. This precision-tuned network preserves even the most microscopic sonic nuances while handling the full dynamics of any source.
Spring-Loaded Binding Posts: Spring-loaded binding posts feature a larger wire access hole and connect via banana plug (single/dual), pin-connector, or bare speaker wire (up to 12AWG). The spring-loaded binding posts are gold-plated for excellent signal transmission and resistance to corrosion.
Micro-Perforated Grilles: MartinLogan's Installer Series speakers feature ultra-low profile, paintable, micro-perforated grilles with no visible bezel for a near invisible integration into almost any ceiling. A series of powerful magnets hidden inside the speaker quickly secure grilles into place, reducing the risk of warping or damage during installation. The outer frame of the speaker with the grille installed measures 11.4375" (diameter) x 0.25" (depth).
Robust Mounting-Lock System: A simple, yet robust mounting-lock system allows quick, trouble-free installation. Pocketed screw holes help hold the drill steady, making installation a snap. When not in use, mounting locks are held securely within a self-contained housing. When moved into place, they couple the chassis firmly to the ceiling, increasing the rigidity of surfaces. If ever removed, the locks retract and latch back in their housings. Each speaker includes a full-size installation template featuring quick-reference instructions, and cut guides for marking the cutout hole. The IC6-HT requires a round cutout that measures 10.375" (diameter) x 5.0625" (depth). There needs to be at least 1.0" around the cutout behind the ceiling to accommodate the four mounting locks.