- stereo-input speaker plays both the left and right channels of the stereo mix
- dual 3/4" titanium dome tweeters
- 6-1/2" mineral-filled polypropylene woofer
- frequency response: 52-20,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 15-50 watts
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- ultra-thin bezel and paintable magnetic grille provide seamless integration into your décor
- speaker cutout diameter: 7-3/4"
- overall diameter: 8-13/16"
- mounting depth: 3-1/2"
- weight: 4 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # IC6ST
What's in the box:
- Stereo in-ceiling loudspeaker
- User's Manual
- Cutout Template
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MartinLogan Installer Series IC6-ST
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Mineral-filled poly|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Bi-Amp Inputs||Stereo input|
|Power Range (Watts)||15-50|
|Parts Warranty||5 Yrs w/ Registration|
|Labor Warranty||5 Yrs w/ Registration|
Installer Series: Manufactured to the highest standards of quality and performance, the new Installer Series by MartinLogan is a line of affordable, high-performance, ultra-low-profile custom installation in-ceiling and in-wall speakers. Featuring titanium dome tweeters and mineral-filled polypropylene drivers, each model comes with a remarkably robust mounting-lock system and paintable micro-perf, bezel-free grilles for a nearly invisible installation.
Stereo or Mono Configuration: The IC6-ST in-ceiling speaker offers the added advantage of stereo performance from a single loudspeaker. This design allows the in-ceiling speaker to provide stereo sound from a single speaker - ideal for use in small rooms such as offices, entryways, and kitchens. IC6-ST can also be configured to deliver mono sound reproduction with wide dispersion. You can use the IC6-ST for nearly any application - including stereo, home theater, and distributed audio setups.
Two-Way Driver Design: The IC6-ST in-ceiling loudspeaker utilizes a two-way driver design with two angled 0.75" titanium dome tweeters and a dual-voice coil 6.5" mineral-filled poly cone woofer. The titanium dome tweeters are ferrofluid damped and cooled for smooth high-frequency performance with amazing clarity across a wide listening area. The mineral-filled polypropylene cone bass/midrange driver features a robust computer-optimized ferrite magnet and a high-power motor structure to deliver detailed midrange performance and clean, extended bass response.
Precision Crossover: Carefully hand-built using only the finest polyester capacitors and air-core coils, Installer Series crossovers employ MartinLogan's proprietary Vojtko topology for extremely low distortion and seamless driver integration. This precision-tuned network preserves even the most microscopic sonic nuances while handling the full dynamics of any source.
Spring-Loaded Binding Posts: The IC6-ST is outfitted with two sets of spring-loaded binding posts. The two sets of spring-loaded posts allow you to wire the speaker in a stereo or mono configuration. These spring-loaded binding posts feature a larger wire access hole and connect via banana plug (single/dual), pin-connector, or bare speaker wire (up to 12AWG). The spring-loaded binding posts are gold-plated for excellent signal transmission and resistance to corrosion.
- Stereo Connection: In a stereo configuration, connect two speaker cables from the left and right channel outputs of your amplifier to both sets of spring-loaded binding posts on the ICS-ST. In a stereo configuration, the in-ceiling speaker is rated at 50 watts RMS per channel (80 watts peak) into 8-ohm.
- Mono Connection: In a mono configuration, connect one speaker cable from either the left or right channel outputs of the amplifier to only one set of binding post terminals on the IC6-ST, and then use another speaker cable to bridge the second set of binding posts on the in-ceiling loudspeaker. In a mono-configuration, the in-ceiling speaker is rated at 100 watts RMS (total) into 4-ohm.
Micro-Perforated Grilles: MartinLogan's Installer Series speakers feature ultra-low profile, paintable, micro-perforated grilles with no visible bezel for a near invisible integration into ammost any ceiling. A series of powerful magnets hidden inside the speaker quickly secure grilles into place, reducing the risk of warping or damage during installation. The outer frame of the speaker with the grille installed measures 8.8125" (diameter) x 0.3125" (depth).
Robust Mounting-Lock System: A simple, yet robust mounting-lock system allows quick, trouble-free installation. Pocketed screw holes help hold the drill steady, making installation a snap. When not in use, mounting locks are held securely within a self-contained housing. When moved into place, they couple the chassis firmly to the ceiling, increasing the rigidity of surfaces. If ever removed, the locks retract and latch back in their housings. Each speaker includes a full-size installation template featuring quick-reference instructions, and cut guides for marking the cutout hole. The IC6-ST requires a round cutout that measures 7.75" (diameter) x 3.5" (depth). There needs to be at least 1.0" around the cutout behind the ceiling to accommodate the four mounting locks.