About the MartinLogan Motion® 60XT
Get closer to your favorite music and movies
Get closer to your favorite music and movies
The Motion 60XT floor-standing speaker plays loud and low, and with impressive transparency and presence.
The Motion 60XT is the flagship of MartinLogan's Motion series speaker line. It's carefully engineered to produce stunningly transparent and natural sound, whether you're listening to music or movie soundtracks. Beautiful on the outside, the Motion 60XT will reveal layer upon layer of sonic detail, unlocking the emotion inside your favorite recordings. You'll hear a wide, deep soundstage with realistic imaging fleshed out in pinpoint detail, and anchored by effortlessly deep bass.
Folded Motion XT tweeter for detailed sound
MartinLogan's innovative Folded Motion XT tweeter uses a pleated diaphragm that works similarly to an accordion by "squeezing" air to create sound. Because it requires almost 90% less excursion than the typical 1" dome tweeter, response time is drastically reduced along with distortion. The diaphragm's increased surface area also provides wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and highly accurate soundstage. Music sounds amazingly detailed, but smooth and effortless, without a trace of harshness. And the XT tweeter boasts a 40% larger radiating surface area than that of ML's standard Folded Motion design, for even greater bandwidth and efficiency.
Expressive midrange and deep, effortless bass
The Motion 60XT uses a low-distortion 6-1/2" aluminum cone to supply fast, clean, and open-sounding midrange, so vocals sound almost as if the singer were in the room. Dual 8" woofers with rigid cast aluminum baskets ensure the Motion 60XT goes deep and clean. These drivers increase low-frequency output, making sure bass response isn't an afterthought or left for a subwoofer to worry about. Two rear-firing bass ports help efficiently enhance bass response without adding distortion to this speaker's pristine performance.
All that and looks too
MartinLogan knows how to catch ears and eyes. The Motion 60XT comes in your choice of flawless Gloss Black or Black Cherrywood finishes. The cabinet features a gently angled top and soft-radius corners, making it stand out from the typical box-shaped tower speaker. Removable floor spikes and stabilizer bars offer firm footing while enhancing this speaker's natural sound.
- 1.25" x 2.4" Folded Motion XT tweeter for high output levels and low distortion
- one 6-1/2" aluminum cone midrange with cast polymer basket
- two 8" aluminum cone woofers with cast aluminum baskets
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure
- high-precision audiophile-grade crossover network
- frequency response: 35-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 94 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 20-400 watts
- perforated magnetic grille
- includes removable floor spikes
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals (bi-amp/bi-wire capable)
- 11-7/16"W (w/feet installed) x 48"H x 14-7/16"D
- weight: 66 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years (with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MO60XTGDCOP
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- Magnetic grille
- 2 Metal feet
- 4 Spikes
- 4 Rubber feet (pre-installed)
- 4 Screws
- User's Manual (En/Fr)
- Product Registration Card
MartinLogan Motion® 60XT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MartinLogan Motion® 60XT
Features & specs
|Tweeter||Folded Motion XT|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.25x2.4|
|Midrange Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Yrs w/Registration|
|Labor Warranty||5 Yrs w/Registration|
|Frequency Response||35-25k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
3-Way Tower Loudspeaker: The MartinLogan Motion 60XT tower loudspeaker employs a 3-way speaker design and features MartinLogan's advanced resolution Folded Motion XT Tweeter, a 6.5" aluminum cone midrange driver, and two 8" aluminum cone bass woofers. Combining these trio of woofers together with the Folded Motion Tweeter creates a dynamic full-range sound with an expansive soundstage.
- Folded Motion Tweeter: MartinLogan's Folded Motion XT tweeter helps give the Motion 60XT floorstanding loudspeaker its natural, realistic high frequency sound. Lightning fast transient response, combined with a large surface area (8x that of a typical 1" dome tweeter) creates clear, dynamic, and precise sound. The 1.25" x 2.4" Folded Motion XT tweeter works by moving air (which creates sound) perpendicular to the folded ridges of the diaphragm, similar to how an accordion works. This extremely low mass diaphragm "squeezes" air and requires almost 90% less excursion than the typical 1" dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion (80°x30°) to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
- 6.5" Midrange Driver: The MartinLogan Motion 60XT loudspeaker features a 6.5" aluminum cone midrange driver housed in a non-resonant asymmetrical chamber. The aluminum cone driver uses a rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up and distortion. This 6.5" midrange driver promotes an even more open, revealing, and authentic sound in the critical midrange.
- Two Aluminum 8" Woofers w/ Rear-Firing Bass Port: The MartinLogan Motion 60XT also features dual 8" aluminum cone bass woofers housed in a non-resonant asymmetrical chamber with dual rear-firing ports. The aluminum cone woofers use a rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up and distortion. The two 8" woofers paired with the rear-firing bass port create increased cone area delivering higher output and audibly richer, deeper bass performance.
Precision Crossovers: To seamlessly blend the audio output from the high frequency tweeter, the midrange driver, and two bass woofers, the Motion 60XT loudspeaker features a precision crossovers (400/2200Hz) utilizing custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors, polyester film capacitors in series, and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel.
High-Gloss MDF Cabinet: Complementing the Motion 60XT loudspeaker's sonic accuracy is its solidly constructed 3/4" thick MDF cabinet. The cabinet is finished in either high-gloss piano black or black cherrywood, and includes MartinLogan's signature perforated grille. The Motion 60XT speaker's elegant and timeless look will blend into almost any decor. The speaker cabinet also features rounded edges and a gently tapered top.
Bi-Wiring/Bi-Amping: Using the dual posts, you can bi-wire or bi-amp the speaker. Bi-wiring or bi-amping the speaker provides improved bass & treble performance. If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: MartinLogan's proprietary tool-less binding posts simplify cable connection and management. The binding posts will accept bare wire (16- to 10-gauge), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
Mounting Feet: The MartinLogan Motion 60XT tower loudspeaker includes four pre-installed rubber feet for tile and hardwood floors. You can replace the pre-installed rubber feet with two horizontal feet and four vertical spikes for carpeted flooring.
Placement: Although the speakers are designed to deliver a superb sonic performance when placed close to a wall, you may notice improved imaging and detail if you are able to place the speakers (measured from the tweeter and woofers) 2' to 3' from the front wall and 2' or more from the side walls. To achieve optimum stereo imaging it is recommend that you aim the speakers toward your primary listening position.
Break-in Period: Allow approximately 72 hours of break-in at 90 dB (moderate listening levels) before any critical listening.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked