About the MartinLogan Motion® 6
Realistic center channel sound — and more
Realistic center channel sound — and more
Looking for smooth, dynamic home theater sound from a speaker you can easily mount on the wall? MartinLogan's elegant Motion 6 may be just the ticket. Because you can orient this versatile speaker horizontally or vertically, it makes a great center channel companion to other wall-mountable members of the Motion series, such as the Motion 2 or Motion 4. But you can also use a trio of these speakers across your front left, center, and right channels for a seamless front soundstage.
Folded Motion™ tweeter for detailed sound
The Motion 6 uses MartinLogan's acclaimed Folded Motion tweeter for smooth, effortless highs.
The distinctive sound of the Motion series starts with MartinLogan's Folded Motion tweeter. Rather than a dome or cone driver, this tweeter uses a pleated diaphragm that works like an accordion by "squeezing" air to create sound. It requires about 90% less excursion than a typical 1" dome tweeter, resulting in quicker response time and much lower distortion. The tweeter's controlled sound dispersion creates a focused soundstage with a real sense of presence. Music and movie soundtracks sound amazingly detailed, but smooth and effortless, without a trace of harshness.
A stylish, curved cabinet
The tweeter is flanked by two low-mass 3-1/2" poly cone woofers that supply accurate mids and midbass. All three drivers are mounted in an eye-catching curved cabinet that's finished in classic high-gloss piano black. The Motion 6's subtle, modern lines complement just about any décor.
Be sure you get enough bass
This speaker shines when it comes to accurate mids and highs, but for any kind of bass we strongly recommend a powered subwoofer, like one of MartinLogan's excellent models.
- versatile home theater speaker can be positioned horizontally or vertically
- includes brackets for wall mounting
- elegantly curved cabinet with high-gloss piano black finish
- 1" x 1.4" Folded Motion tweeter
- two 3-1/2" poly cone woofers with rigid dust caps
- frequency response 120-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- handles up to 130 watts
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet
- perforated metal grille
- custom-designed push-style binding posts accept pins, banana connectors, or bare wire
- 17-1/2"W x 5-1/4"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: 6 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years (with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MO6BL
What's in the box:
MartinLogan Motion® 6 owner's manual
- LCR loudspeaker
- 2 Wall-bracket
- 2 Shoulder bolts
- 4 Mounting screws
- 4 Wall anchors
- 4 Rubber bumpers
- User's Manual (En/Fr)
- Installation template
- Product Registration Card
MartinLogan Motion® 6 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the MartinLogan Motion® 6
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Folded Motion Transducer|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1 x 1.4|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||3-1/2|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Frequency Response||120-25k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Yrs w/ Registration|
|Labor Warranty||5 Yrs w/ Registration|
2-Way LCR Speaker: The MartinLogan Motion 6 LCR loudspeaker employs a 2-way speaker design and features MartinLogan's advanced resolution Folded Motion tweeter and two 3.5" poly cone woofers. Pairing these three drivers together creates a dynamic full-range sound with an expansive soundstage.
- Folded Motion Tweeter: MartinLogan's Folded Motion tweeter helps give the Motion 6 LCR loudspeaker its natural, realistic high frequency sound. Lightning fast transient response, combined with a large surface area (8x that of a typical 1" dome tweeter) creates clear, dynamic, and precise sound. The 1" x 1.4" Folded Motion tweeter works by moving air (which creates sound) perpendicular to the folded ridges of the diaphragm, similar to how an accordion works. This extremely low mass diaphragm "squeezes" air and requires almost 90% less excursion than the typical 1" dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion (80°x80°) to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
- Dual Poly Cone Woofers: The Folded Motion tweeter is flanked by two 3.5" poly cone woofers with a stamped steel basket housed in a non-resonant asymmetrical chamber. The paper cone woofers use a rigid structured dust cap and butyl rubber surround to reduce cone break-up and distortion. These two 3.5" cone woofers provide rich, detailed midrange/midbass.
Precision Vojtko Crossover: To seamlessly blend the audio output from the Folded Motion tweeter and two 3.5" woofers, the Motion 6 loudspeaker features a precision Vojtko crossover (3300Hz) utilizing custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors, polyester film capacitors in series, and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel.
Curved High-Gloss Black Sealed Cabinet: Complementing the Motion 6 loudspeaker's sonic accuracy is its elegant, yet understated styling. A high-gloss piano black finish, along with MartinLogan's signature perforated grille, give the Motion 6 speaker an elegant and timeless look that will blend into almost any decor. The speaker cabinet also features rounded edges and gently tapered top/sides. The cabinet is an acoustic suspension design (sealed) for tighter, accurate midbass.
Spring-Post Connectors: The MartinLogan Motion 6 speaker features two spring-post connectors to attach your speaker wire. The spring-posts will accept bare wire (16- to 10-gauge), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only). The rubber caps on the spring-post connectors must be removed to use banana plugs.
Applications: The MartinLogan Motion 6 LCR loudspeaker can be used as a center-channel speaker or paired with another Motion 6 speaker for a stereo or home theater front/rear application.
Mounting Options: The MartinLogan Motion 6 speaker can simply be placed horizontally on a flat-surface; such as a table-top, stand, shelf, or cabinet. Four rubber self-adhesive feet are included to prevent slippage and reduce vibration. Because of its curved cabinet, this speaker cannot be placed vertically on a flat-surface. The included wall-mount brackets and hardware let you mount this LCR speaker on the wall, horizontally or vertically.
Note: The MartinLogan logo badge on the Motion 6's grille can be re-position based on how you have the speaker mounted.
Break-in Period: Allow approximately 72 hours of break-in at 90 dB (moderate listening levels) before any critical listening.
1 question already asked
Just love it! This speaker provides the cleanest most crisp high frequency response you will find in a speaker today. Bass response suffers due to small surface area of the cone speakers but that is remedied by a quality subwoofer.
KentS from San Antonio, TX