About the MartinLogan Motion XT CI XTW6-LCR
MartinLogan's signature space-saving sound
MartinLogan's signature space-saving sound
In-wall speakers are an excellent choice for getting high-performance sound without taking up shelf or floor space. MartinLogan's Motion XT CI XTW6-LCR offers the company's signature sound, but without the footprint of conventional bookshelf or floor-standing speakers.
The built-in back-box ensures well-balanced sound and protects against dust and dirt.
Great for movies and for music
Use this versatile in-waller as a left-, right-, or center-channel speaker in your home theater. Or use a pair as part of a custom-installed stereo system.
The drivers are configured so they'll sound great whether you mount the speaker vertically or horizontally.
An acclaimed tweeter delivers smooth, sweet highs
One of the reasons the Motion XT CI XTW6-LCR sounds so good is its Folded Motion® tweeter. This unique, accordion-style design yields quick, accurate, and very smooth highs.
The Folded Motion tweeter sits alongside three 6-1/2" woven fiberglass drivers — one for textured midrange, and the other two for tuneful bass.
A built-in enclosure elevates performance
One of my favorite features of the Motion XT CI XTW6-LCR is the back-box that's built onto the speaker. This carefully designed enclosure helps this speaker deliver consistently focused, well-balanced sound no matter what kind of space is behind it in your wall. It also keeps dust and dirt out.
Build a Motion Series home theater
Pair the Motion XT CI XTW6-LCR with other MartinLogan Motion Series speakers for dynamic, voice-matched surround sound:
You can paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your décor.
- ideal for use in a stealthy home theater system, or as part of an in-wall stereo music system
- installs horizontally as a center channel, or vertically as a left- or right-channel speaker
- built-in back-box ensures well-balanced sound and protects against dust and dirt
- 3-way design:
- 1.27" x 2.4" Folded Motion tweeter for smooth, natural highs
- 6-1/2" woven fiberglass for textured midrange
- dual 6-1/2" woven fiberglass woofers for tight, clean bass
- frequency response: 44-25,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 50-300 watts
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- impedance: 8-ohms compatible
- ultra-thin bezel and paintable magnetic grille to match your décor
Warranty and dimensions:
- cutout dimensions: 27"W x 6-11/16"H
- overall dimensions: 28"W x 7-3/4"H
- mounting depth: 3-9/16"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XTW6-LCR
What's in the box:
- In-wall LCR loudspeaker
- T20 torx-bit
- User's Manual
- Cutout Template
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MartinLogan Motion XT CI XTW6-LCR
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Tweeter||Folded Motion Ribbon|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Tweeter Size||1.27 x 2.4|
|Power Range (Watts)||50-150|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
MartinLogan Motion XT CI Series: MartinLogan Motion XT CI speakers sound incredible in practically any room. Regardless of the environment, the Motion XT CI speakers just sound better, more articulate, more detailed, and more realistic. With Controlled Dispersion and one of the most responsive tweeters (FMT XT) in the industry, these in-wall and in-ceiling loudspeakers can compete with and often exceed the performance of many traditional cabinet loudspeakers.
LCR Configuration: The MartinLogan XTW6-LCR is an in-wall LCR-type loudspeaker that can be used in a 2ch stereo music application or multichannel home theater setup. It can be utilized as left, center, and/or right channel speaker in a home theater application. Its the perfect solution for an in-wall center-channel speaker in a home theater design.
FMT (Folded Motion Tweeter) XT: MartinLogan's signature Folded Motion Tweeter XT utilizes an extremely low-mass diaphragm that "squeezes" air, thus requiring significantly less excursion than the typical 1" dome tweeter. Its folded design allows for a much larger surface area (compared to that of a regular 1" dome tweeter), controlled dispersion characteristics, and vanishingly low distortion. It delivers much of the high-frequency detail, speed and response of a large, dynamic electrostatic panel in a small space. The FMT XT increases audible bandwidth without sacrificing detail and reduces distortion to an incredibly low level while increasing efficiency and the tweeter's already lightning-fast response time. The result is greater clarity, output and efficiency.
- Thin-Film Transducer Design: This thin-film transducer design packs all the accuracy and delicacy of an electrostatic panel into a small space. Folding the dramatically lightweight film into an accordion-like structure increases the surface area, giving the Folded Motion XT 8-10x greater surface area than typical tweeters. This ideal combination of light and large produces superior accuracy, extended frequency bandwidth and higher output capability; all with a faster, more efficient transient response, and virtually zero distortion. In these characteristics, the Folded Motion Tweeter XT design can mimic the performance of a large electrostatic panel in the confines of a more traditional loudspeaker enclosure.
- 80x30 Degree Controlled Dispersion: MartinLogan Motion XT CI loudspeakers feature Controlled Dispersion to improve the clarity and overall quality of your music and media. The Folded Motion Tweeter XT further focuses the sound into an 80x30 degree dispersion pattern to further reduce the harmful acoustic effects presented by nearly every room. By focusing the sound on the actual seating area and not wasting energy on spaces where no one is sitting (IE: the ceiling) the XTW6-LCR achieves greater sound quality by removing unwanted sound reflections, while simultaneously reducing the potential for distracting amounts of sound to travel into unwanted areas of your home.
- Rotating Tweeter Assembly: Depending on your unique room layout, seating position, and installation requirements, the tweeter can be used in either horizontal or vertical orientation to provide the best coverage for your particular needs. Out of the box, the XTW6-LCR's Folded Motion Tweeter XT is configured to mount the speaker vertically. To rotate the tweeter for a horizontal installation, you'll need to remove four screws on the back of the in-wall speaker and lift off the FMT XT's trim-panel in order to lift and rotate the tweeter. Once the FMT XT is rotated, you will then re-attach the trim-panel and re-tighten the screws to secure the tweeter back in the assembly housing.
Woven Kevlar Woofer Cones: The one 6.5" midrange driver and two 6.5" midbass woofers feature very lightweight woven Kevlar cones specifically engineered to keep pace with the lightning speed of the high performance Folded Motion Tweeter XT. The sealed, dedicated midrange drove of the XTW6-LCR allows the in-wall speaker to produce more detail and clarity while also increasing its output capability. The high-performance midrange driver and midbass woofers offer both increased rigidity and lightness, plus a special Nomex layer on the back side of the cone material to increase clarity and realism even further by reducing resonance and ringing. The midrange driver and woofers are house in a more substantial chassis than most in-wall speakers to strengthen the loudspeaker and provide a more accurate sound, similar to a cabinet on a traditional speaker.
Proprietary Vojtko Crossover Network: Vojtko Crossovers are hand-built from the highest quality components and avoid overly complex topologies. This crossover network has a straight-forward objective of delivering breathtaking realism. The proprietary Vojtko crossover design is just as crucial to MartinLogan's "Truth-in-Sound" Philosophy as their innovative electrostatic and Folded Motion thin-film driver technologies. Vojtko crossovers are named after MartinLogan's chief audio technologist, Joe Vojtko.
- The proprietary crossover network is handcrafted using exceptional polypropylene and polyester capacitors, custom wound and large steel laminate low-DCR inductors, and double thick PCBs. This precision-tuned network preserves even the most microscopic sonic nuances while handling the full dynamics of any source. It's a recipe for vanishingly low distortion and seamless driver integration.
- The most critical aspect of a Vojtko crossover design is the final voicing, always conducted in a "real-world" environment. This uniquely pragmatic approach guarantees that the Motion XT CI speaker delivers MartinLogan's "Truth-in-Sound" in any room, including yours.
Micro-Perforated Grille: All MartinLogan Motion XT CI in-wall loudspeaker features an ultra-low profile, paintable, micro-perforated grille with no visible bezel for a near-invisible integration into almost any wall. A series of powerful magnets hidden inside the speaker quickly secure grilles into place, reducing the risk of warping or damage during installation. The micro-perforated grille only protrudes 0.1875" from the wall. The grille can be painted to match the color of your wall.
In-Wall Installation: The XTW6-LCR speaker installs in drywall (0.25"-1.0" thick) between wall studs and requires a rectangular cutout, being careful to avoid electrical wires behind the wall's surface. The speaker secures in the wall using the integrated "dog-ear" mounting clamps. There needs to be at least 0.75" of clearance around the inside of the cutout to accommodate the "dog-ear" mounting clamps. Increasing the rigidity of your walls may improve sonic performance. To do this consider adding cross bracing inside of the wall approximately 12" above and below the speaker.
- Vertical Cutout Dimensions: 6.625" (w) x 27.0" (h) x 3.5625" (d)
- Horizontal Cutout Dimensions: 27.0" (w) x 6.625" (h) x 3.5625" (d)
Placement Options: These MartinLogan XTW6-LCR in-wall speaker offers superb imaging and flexible placement in nearly any location. However, for best performance and imaging place speakers equidistant from the primary listening position and avoid physical obstructions between the speaker and primary listening position. Keep in mind, the farther away the listener is from the speaker, the wider the coverage area of the tweeter becomes. Corner placement of these speakers will reinforce their bass output. If you require balanced output across the entire audio spectrum avoid mounting these speakers in a corner.
- Place a pair of front speakers or center speaker equidistant between 10' to 14' from the listening position.
- Place the in-wall speaker a minimum of 12" from any wall corner.
Spring-Post Terminals: The MartinLogan XTW6-LCR is outfitted with a set of spring-pots terminals for connection of your in-wall speaker wire. The spring-post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG) and banana plugs (single or dual).
1 question already asked