About the Yamaha DSX18XLF-D
A century of know-how
A century of know-how
With over 120 years in the music business and 40 years' experience with PA systems, Yamaha knows how to get your sounds to an audience. Now they bring you their DSX XLF powered subwoofers, which offer the highest maximum SPL of any subs in their class. With high-powered DSP processors to let you shape the bass response, these subs give you deep, massive, earth-shaking low end that'll reach all through the room. Their extended frequency range goes down to 30Hz to give you massive bottom that you just can't get from other subwoofers in this class. Flexible DSP and a cabinet design with a wide, flared port keep your bottom clear and music even when the volume is cranked.
The DXS18XLF-D is a powered bass-reflex type subwoofer with an 18-inch speaker that reproduces frequencies down to 30Hz at a maximum SPL of 136dB. The sub's die-cast aluminum frame and 4” voice coil allow it to stand up to extreme output levels.
High power and sound shaping
The enclosure's Class D amplifier lays down a whopping 1200 watts of continuous power to make the bass come alive. An automatic cooling fan kicks in when the amplifier temperature rises to excessive levels, and thermal protection shuts down the amp to prevent overheating. 96kHz high-power DSP processors enable sound shaping with four modes of operation so you can tailor your bass response to the room:
- NORMAL mode is set for a balanced response;
- BOOST mode focuses on the lower frequencies to give your sound additional impact;
- XTENDED LF mode adds more deep low frequencies;
- CARDIOID mode helps prevent phase cancellation and onstage bass waves when using two or more subs, directing output toward the audience more effectively.
You also get 6-band graphic EQ, digital delay, and a low-pass filter to let you dial in your sound even further.
The DXS18XLF-D includes Audinate's Dante software, which allows connection and remote control from Yamaha consoles and other Dante devices using the sub's dedicated Dante inputs/outputs. The inputs' sample rate conversion (SRC) allows compatibility with 48kHz devices. Using the sub's analog inputs/outputs with the Dante inputs/outputs gives you additional routing and system configuration options, while Dante's break-IN and break-OUT function can add even more flexibility by acting as a simple I/O box. Yamaha also offers Dante-compatible, customizable control panel software for Windows and iOS, letting you manage your system from your portable device.
Tough as nails
The sub's rugged ported plywood enclosure features a durable Polyurea coating that resists handling damage and weather so your sub will look as good as it sounds. Two large aluminum handles let you carry the sub securely, and a pair of pole sockets let you mount speakers above the enclosure.
When you're looking for bass that won't quit, Yamaha's DSX powered subwoofers have the punch you're looking for in a compact package.
- powered ported subwoofer enclosure
- 18" speaker with die-cast aluminum frame and 4" voice coil
- Class D amplifier with 1200W continuous output
- Dante software allows remote control from other Dante-equipped devices
- sample rate conversion allows compatibility with 48kHz devices
- 96kHz DSP high-resolution effects
- Cardioid Mode directs bass toward audience, reduces "bass backwash"
- inputs/outputs: 2 Dante, 2 analog
- multi-speed automatic cooling fan and thermal shutdown protect against overheating
- ported plywood cabinet with aluminum handles and premium grade Polyurea coating
- dual pole sockets for mounting full-range speakers
- maximum SPL: 136 dB
- frequency range: 30-150 Hz
- dimensions: 21.7"W x 25.9"H x 28.3"D
- weight: 107.8 lb.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DXS18XLF-D
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yamaha DSX18XLF-D
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||18|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||30-150|
|RMS Power rating||1200|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||---|