About the Yamaha EMX2
Small venue powered PA mixer
Small venue powered PA mixer
If you're looking for a PA system to use in a small auditorium, conference room, outdoor event, or place of worship, Yamaha's EMX2 powered mixer will provide the inputs, tone and level controls, and power you need for a successful presentation or show. The EMX2 combines two power amplifiers with a 10-channel mixer, so you only need to add speakers, mics, and cables for a complete sound system
Power for your events
This compact and multi-tasking little workhorse can power a couple of PA speakers with up to 250 watts each — not enough to blast your ears off with loud rock or rap, but plenty enough for spoken word, acoustic music, and even karaoke. Preamp-level monitor and subwoofer outputs let you use your EMX2 with larger powered speakers and subs for those extra-loud shows that may occasionally occur.
The EMX2 can take up to 4 XLR microphone inputs, 8 line-level 1/4" TRS inputs, 2 RCAs, and even has a 3.5 mm jack that accommodates the headphone signal from any music player. Channel 4 can be switched to Hi-Z mode to accept a high impedance signal, like from a guitar pickup, without needing a direct box or adapter.
You can sweeten the sound by adding some reverb, choosing one of the four different reverbs/echoes, then adjusting to your taste. A feedback suppressor automatically helps prevent squealing. A Master EQ™ can add bass for heavy dance music and take it away when you're reinforcing voices only.
10-Channel Powered Mixer:
- channels 1-2: mono mic and line inputs (XLR)
- channels 3-4: mono mic and line inputs (XLR and 1/4" TRS)
- channels 5/6: stereo line inputs (1/4" TRS)
- channels 7/8: stereo line inputs (1/4" TRS and RCA)
- channels 9/10: stereo line inputs (1/4" TRS and 3.5 mm)
- 3-band EQ on all input channels
- switchable 30-volt phantom power for channels 1-2
- Hi-Z switch on channel 4 for plugging a guitar directly into the mixer
Outputs and Effects:
- 2 powered L/R outputs (1/4" TS)
- maximum output power @<10% THD+N: 250 watts x 2 at 4 ohms, 170 watts x 2 at 8 ohms
- maximum output power @<1% THD+N: 110 watts x 2 at 4 ohms, 110 watts x 2 at 8 ohms
- impedance switch to match speaker load (4 or 8 ohms)
- preamp-level L/R and subwoofer outputs (1/4" TRS)
- built-in effects processor with 4 different reverbs
- digital processing includes power protection, limiting, feedback suppression
- one-knob Master EQ™ on main outputs
- main level LED array
- foot switch jack for muting effects
- compact chassis with convenient handles
- rack-mountable with optional rack railings
- dimensions; 14-3/4"W x 5-13/16"H x 9-11/16"D
- weight: 9.3 pounds
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # EMX2
What's in the box:
- 10-Channel powered mixer
- 79" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong)
- Owner's Manual (3 copies--Eng / Fren / Span)
- Technical Specifications sheet
- Important Safety Instructions
Yamaha EMX2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yamaha EMX2
Features & specs
|Line inputs||1/4" (6) RCA(2)|
|Watts per channel 8 ohms||110|
|Watts per channel 6 ohms||---|
|Watts per channel 4 ohms||110|
|Monitor outputs||2 x 1/4"|
Overview: The Yamaha EMX2 is a compact, 10-channel powered mixer that is ideal for small rooms, community centers, or houses of worship. It is lightweight, portable, and easy to set up, making it useful for speaking engagements, parties, DJs, and solo/duo/small band gigs. The EMX2 has 4 mic preamps and 3 stereo inputs. It has 2 powered main outputs and 2 monitor outputs, with a separate output for a subwoofer and footswitch.
Mic/Line Inputs: The EMX2 is equipped with four Mic/Line inputs (Channels 1-4) for connecting microphones, guitars, electronic musical instruments, or line-level audio devices. Channels 1 and 2 have an XLR jack, while Channels 3 and 4 have combo jacks that support XLR and 1/4" plugs. All four inputs have Mic/Line switches. Phantom power (+30V) can be applied to the XLR connectors on Channels 1 and 2, if needed for condenser mics. Channel 4 also has a Hi-Z switch that lets you plug in an electric guitar or electric bass with a 1/4" plug.
Stereo Line Inputs: Channels 5/6, 7/8, and 9/10 are stereo line inputs, each with controls for the stereo pairs. All of the stereo inputs have a stereo/mono switch. In stereo, the signals from the L and R channels are output to the Left and Right main and monitor outputs. In mono, the L and R signals are mixed together and the same mono signal is output from both the left and right main and monitor outputs. The input connectors for each stereo pair is as follows:
- Channels 5/6: Channels 5/6 have two 1/4" line input jacks only.
- Channels 7/8: Channels 7/8 have two 1/4" line input jacks and two RCA input jacks. If both 1/4" and RCA jacks are used at the same time, the 1/4" jack takes priority, muting the audio to the RCA jacks.
- Channels 9/10: Channels 9/10 have two 1/4" line input jacks and one stereo 3.5mm (1/8") mini-jack. If both connections are used, the stereo 3.5mm mini-jack will take priority.
Outputs: The EMX2 features two 1/4" speaker outputs that will output an amplified signal to left and right passive speakers. The speaker outputs are compatible with either 8Ω or 4Ω speakers, and there is an Impedance Select switch to match the impedance of the connected speakers. The speaker outputs each have 3/4" tall metal guards to protect the plugs. The unit also has two 1/4" monitor outputs with a single rotary volume control which does not affect the master level output. The 1/4" subwoofer out lets you connect a powered subwoofer to the system. When the subwoofer jack is in use, a 120Hz low-pass filter is applied to the main speaker outputs. The subwoofer output level is linked to the master level control. A Reverb Foot Switch jack (1/4") lets you connect an unlatched-type footswitch, such as the Yamaha FC5, for toggling on/off the reverb effects.
3-Band EQ: The Yamaha EMX2 features a 3-band EQ on each Mic/Line channel and each stereo pair. Each EQ band has a rotary control that lets you boost or cut the frequency by + or - 15dB. The dials have a center detent at 0dB for a flat response in the corresponding band. The EQ bands have the following center frequencies: Low 100 Hz, Mid 2.5 kHz, and High 8 kHz.
Master EQ: The mixer has a single knob Master EQ that lets you shape the overall sound to your liking. There are three positions, from Speech (with a limited low end and clear highs) to Music (balanced sound) to Bass Boost (for DJs and other performances that emphasize bass. An LED is provided to indicate when the Bass Boost is active.
Feedback Suppressor: The EMX2 is equipped with a Feedback Suppressor that utilizes a unique 7-band notch filter to instantly stops feedback with the push of a single button.
Reverb Control: The powered mixer features high-quality Yamaha reverb effects to add atmosphere to vocal and instrumental performances. Channels 1 through 4 each have a rotary control to apply the amount of reverb you desire. There is a master reverb dial that lets you determine the type of reverb and its length. As you turn the control to the right, the time of the reverb gets longer. The reverb types include Hall, Plate, Room, and Echo. You can turn the reverb effect on and off with the non-locking Reverb switch, or through a connected reverb footswitch.
Level Controls: The four mono Mic/Line channels and the three stereo channels have individual rotary level controls. The Master level control determines the volume of the signal output from the Main Speaker and Subwoofer outputs. A 6-segment LED level meter shows the level of the Main speaker output signal (-20, -6, 0, +3, +6, Limiter). When the Limiter LED is constantly lit, the built-in limiter is being engaged, and that the level should be reduced.
- Output Power:
- 110 watts per channel x 2 channels (4Ω or 8Ω, 1 kHz, THD+N<1%)
- 250 watts per channel x 2 channels (4Ω, 1 kHz, THD+N<10%)
- 170 watts per channel x 2 channels (8Ω, 1 kHz, THD+N<10%)
- Frequency Response:
- Input to Speakers: 40 Hz to 20 kHz (1 kHz, +1 dB/-4 dB)
- Input to Monitor Out: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (1 kHz, +0.5 dB / -1.5 dB)
- Input to Speakers: 0.2% @ 13.8 watts (40Hz - 20kHz); 0.4% @ 23.2 watts (1 kHz)
- Input to Monitor Out: 0.05% @ +10 dBu (20Hz - 20kHz), 0.009% @ +20 dBu (1 kHz)
- Equivalent Input Noise (EIN): -115 dBu
- Crosstalk (1 kHz): -80 dB
- Load Protection: DC-fault
- Amplifier Protection: Overheat, Overcurrent
- Power Supply Protection: Overheat, Overcurrent
- Power Consumption: 35 watts (idle) / 90 watts (1/8 power)
- Dimensions: Width: 14.75" Height: 5.8125" Depth: 8.658"
- Weight: 9.3 pounds