Over-ear studio monitor headphones (White)
Our take on the Yamaha HPH-MT5 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Accurate, uncolored sound for making and mixing music
When our in-house recording studio vet Cory gave me a training course on pro audio gear, he made a point to call out Yamaha monitor speakers. He said that going back decades and decades, they've been studio staples for their neutral performance and flat response. These Yamaha HPH-MT5 headphones boast that same revealing sound signature — essential for creating music.
- over-the-ear, closed-back design offers noise isolation for studio recording
- 40mm dynamic drivers with copper-covered aluminum wire voice coils
- delivers well-balanced sound with a flat frequency response
- flexible earcups and adjustable sliders help ensure a good fit
- earcups swivel and rotate for single-ear use
- folding design for compact storage
- 118" detachable cable with miniplug connector
- gold-plated 1/4" adapter included
- nylon carry bag included
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 100 dB
- impedance: 51 ohms
- weight: 8 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Over-ear headphones (white)
- 10.5' Audio cable
- Threaded 3.5mm-to-1/4" Adapter (installed on cable)
- Nylon storage pouch
- Owner's Manual
- Disposal guidelines
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.123" x 4.068"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Yamaha HPH-MT5 Studio Monitor Headphones are a lightweight, over-the-ear monitor headphone for use in the recording studio, at a gig, or for personal listening. The headphones feature a closed-back design for excellent sound isolation. The MT5s come with a 10.5' cable with a 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter, and a nylon storage pouch.
Drivers: The HPH-MT5 is equipped with 40mm dynamic drivers that deliver balanced sound with a wide frequency response of 20Hz to 20kHz. The drivers feature CCAW (Copper-clad Aluminum Wire) voice coils and powerful neodymium magnets.
Ear Cups: The MT5 uses large ear pads covered with smooth synthetic leather to provide ideal sound isolation, absorb vibrations, and give you hours of comfort for long studio sessions. The ear cups can pivot in multiple directions, allowing one-ear monitoring when necessary. The hinged headband allows you to fold the ear cups in for storage in the supplied pouch.
Cable: The headphones come with a detachable 10.5' straight cable, terminated with a gold-plated 3.5mm plug. A threaded 3.5mm-to-1/4" stereo adapter is included for use with mixing boards, home components, and other equipment. The gold-plated connectors resist corrosion and provide maximum signal transfer.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sound Pressure Level: 100 dB/mW
- Maximum Input Power: 1600 mW (1 kHz)
- Impedance: 51Ω (at 1 kHz)
- Dimensions: Ear Cup: 3.123" width, 4.068" height, 1.88" depth
- Weight: 8.7 ounces (w/o cable)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
good price decent product [ chris Nov 20, 2017 ]
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
Frequently Compared With
Over-ear studio monitor headphones$99.99
Professional monitor headphones
Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC
Over-ear wireless noise-cancelling headphones
Over-ear studio monitor headphones$169.99