About the Yamaha MA2120
Eight channels plus power for your sound system
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Eight channels plus power for your sound system
The Yamaha MA2120 provides eight input channels and plenty of versatile power for a 70-volt system — perfect for a classroom, auditorium, or large eatery. Get 120 watts per channel into two zones, or bridge the output for a kickin' 200 watts to power all of your speakers.
Automatic ducking causes background music levels to drop when a microphone input is detected, so announcements can be heard without anyone having to twiddle knobs. There's also a feedback suppressor and speaker EQ, so even a beginner can set up a smart, effective sound system.
- amplified mixer for commercial audio distribution features 8 input channels and two 120-watt output channels
- single 200-watt output in bridged mode
- supports 70-volt and 100-volt distributed audio systems without the need for a separate transformer
- drive up to 16 speakers in two separate zones
- independent bass and treble controls
- dip switches for input routing, phantom power, and 70/100V operation
- fanless, space-saving single rack space (1U) design
- Energy Star® certified
Inputs and Outputs:
- RJ-45 connector for use with an in-wall volume control (not included)
- eight 3-pin Euro-block connectors with line/mic input switch for balanced input sources
- stereo line-level 3.5mm input (unbalanced)
- two RCA input connectors sum unbalanced stereo inputs to mono
- 4 pairs of RCA inputs (2 mono summing)
- 3-pin auxiliary line level output connector for each output channel
- unwired Euro-block connectors are included
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 18-15/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 14-15/16"D
- weight: 10.8 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MA2120
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel power amplifier
- 78" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong)
- 3-pin Euroblock plug
- Four 4-pin eruoblock plug
- Owner's Manual (3 copies: Eng / Fren / Span)
- Technical Specifications
Yamaha MA2120 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yamaha MA2120
MA Series Commercial Amplifier: The MA Series of commercial amplifiers is a quick and easy solution to providing audio in restaurants, classrooms, retail spaces, and offices. The MA2120 accepts six mic/line inputs and two stereo line inputs, allowing you to select from several different sources, plus add paging.
Output Power: The Yamaha MA2120 commercial amplifier has the following output power -
- 100 watts per channel x 2 channels at 3Ω (Lo-Z)
- 120 watts per channel x 2 channels at 4Ω (Lo-Z)
- 100 watts per channel x 2 channels at 8Ω (Lo-Z)
- 120 watts per channel x 2 channels at 70V / 120W (Hi-Z)
- 120 watts per channel x 2 channels at 100V / 120W (Hi-Z)
- 200 watts per channel x 1 channel at 70V / 200W (Hi-Z)
- 200 watts per channel x 1 channel at 100V / 200W (Hi-Z)
Note: The amplifier has a 4-pin, 7.62mm barrier strip speaker terminal.
Front Panel Controls: The following controls are located on the front-panel of the Yamaha MA2120.
- Volume A / Volume B: Separate rotary control adjusts the volume output to the speakers. Above the volume knob are two LEDs - the Volume Signal LED lights when the signal output exceeds a certain level; the Volume Limit LED lights to indicate the limiter has activated, and the volume needs to be turned down.
- Input Level: Rotary dials adjust the input level of each source input independently. Above the input level rotary dials are two LEDs - the Input Signal LED lights when the signal output exceeds a certain level; the Input Peak LED lights to indicate the limiter has activated, and the volume needs to be turned down.
- Setup: This 3-way rotary dial allows you to access the amplifier's DSP, EQ, & Crossover settings.
- Bass & Treble: Separate bass and treble controls are provided for fine-tuning the output signal of Speaker A & B. The bass control is centered at 125 Hz, and the treble control is at 6 kHz. You can adjust each band from -10dB to +10dB. Turning either control to the right past 90 degrees activates the Enhancer to further emphasize the low or high frequency signal.
- Power Switch: The power switch lets you turn the amplifier on and off. A power LED to the left of the switch will glow when the unit is on. If the LED is flashing for 10 seconds or more, the internal temperature is too high. The power should be turned off to allow the amplifier to cool.
Inputs & Outputs: The following inputs & outputs are found on the rear-panel of the MA2120 (except for the Aux Input, which is located on the front-panel).
- Mic/Line Inputs: Flexible six mic/line inputs and two stereo inputs, with all 6 mic inputs featuring a 24V settings.
- Aux Input: A 3.5mm stereo input for plugging in an external source, such as a portable digital music player.
- Speaker Terminals: Barrier strip type speaker outputs. You can make high-impedance connections (100V or 70V) or low-impedance connections (3Ω/4Ω/8Ω). Spade lugs (±0.23" outer width) or bare wire connections work best. (For Hi-Z 1-channel connections, only terminals A+ and B- are used).
- Line Out: A stereo pair of RCA jacks is provided for sending a signal to a second amplifier, such as a Yamaha PA2120.
- Remote: A 3-pin Euroblock connector is provided for connecting a remote control for muting/unmuting all channels or switching the power from standby to on or from on to standby.
- DCP: An RJ-45 port is provided for connecting a Yamaha Digital Control Panel (DCP), such as the DCP1V4S, DCP4S, or DCP4V4S.
- AC Power Input: An IEC 3-prong input for connecting the supplied power cord, or an optional power cord.
DIP Switches: The amp features three sets of 8 DIP switches on the rear panel. These DIP switches let you configure the amplifier (Setup) and each speaker output (Speaker A, Speaker B) to suit your needs and application. Using switches 1, 2, and 3 of the Speaker A and Speaker B DIP switches, you can select the amplifier output power and impedance. The Setup functions available are as follows:
|1||Panel Lock on/off|
|5||A-B Volume Link|
|6||DCP Volume Link|
Separate Source & Volume Zones: The Yamaha MA2120 is capable of controlling sources and volumes separately in two areas. Service areas or zoning areas can be expanded by adding a Yamaha PA2120.
DSP, EQ & Crossover Settings: The MA2120 incorporates DSP functions for music playback and microphone use (Feedback Suppressor, Priority Ducker, Leveler, Compressor, Reverb & Echo). Bass & Treble control is independently adjustable for Speaker A & B. There is also a built-in speaker EQ optimum for Yamaha VXC/VXS series speakers, as well as HPF and selectable LPF settings.
Ducking: When the Ducking feature is enabled, the output volume of the stereo inputs is automatically reduced by 24dB, and mutes the other microphone input, when a signal from either of the microphone inputs is detected. This allows paging on the system without having to manually turn down the music coming from the stereo inputs. You can enable the Ducking feature for one or both of the mic inputs through the DIP switches.
Rack Mountable: With the optional RKH1 Rack-mount accessory kit, the MA2120 can be installed in a standard equipment rack. The amplifier will fit into a 1U rack space.