About the Yamaha P5000S
When you're up on stage, you don't want to worry about having enough power for your speakers and monitors. With the robust power from Yamaha's P-Series amplifiers, you won't have to worry. They work effectively in a wide variety of venues, such as dance clubs, music halls, convention centers, and houses of worship. Their strong power output, versatile channel configurations, and portability make them a great choice for any event.
A blend of features and performance
The rear panel inputs and outputs accommodate a wide variety of pro audio gear.
Yamaha's P5000S amp includes balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs, as well as 5-way binding posts, 1/4" outputs, and Neutrik Speakon® outputs for the speakers. Rack mounts are included, so you can install multiple amps in one rack to power your multi-speaker setup.
- 2-channel power amplifier
- power output at 20-20,000 Hz:
- 500 watts RMS per channel at 8 ohms
- 700 watts RMS per channel at 4 ohms
- 1400 watts RMS (mono) at 8 ohms in bridged mode
- power output at 1 kHz:
- 525 watts RMS per channel at 8 ohms
- 750 watts RMS per channel at 4 ohms
- 1500 watts RMS (mono) at 8 ohms in bridged mode
- 2600 watts RMS (mono) at 4 ohms in bridged mode
- frequency response: 20-50,000 Hz (-1.5 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 103 dB
- inputs: XLR and 1/4" TRS for channels A and B
- outputs: Neutrik Speakon jacks, 5-way binding posts, 1/4" jacks
- independent right- and left-channel level controls for precise volume matching
- variable high- and low-pass crossovers for each channel (25-150 Hz)
- dual variable-speed fans for heat dissipation
- DC, short circuit, and overload protection with automatic reset
- power-matched to Yamaha's Club-series speakers
- front-panel LEDs indicate Power, Active Status, and Protection Warning for easier troubleshooting
- rack mount ears included
- weight: 26.5 lbs.
- dimensions: 18-7/8"W x 3-7/16"H x 17-15/16"D (2 rack spaces)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # P5000S
What's in the box:
- Power amp
- Security cover (w/ hex wrench)
- Owner's Manual
Yamaha P5000S reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Yamaha P5000S
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Watts per channel 8 ohms||500|
|Watts per channel 4 ohms||700|
|Watts per channel 2 ohms||1300|
P-Series Power Amplifier: The Yamaha P-Series P5000S power amplifier delivers solid, professional-quality power in a wide range of configurations designed to suit a variety of applications. The unit offers three operating modes - Stereo (500W x 2ch in 8Ω or 700W x 2ch in 4Ω), Parallel (500W x 2ch in 8Ω or 700W x 2ch in 4Ω), and Bridge (1400W x 1ch in 8Ω).
- Stereo: In Stereo mode, Channels A and B operate independently (as with a conventional stereo amplifier). The Channel A input goes to the Channel A output jacks, and the Channel B input goes to the Channel B output jacks.
- Parallel: In Parallel mode, the unit outputs a mono source
through twin amplifier systems. The Channel A input signal is output through
both the Channel
A and Channel B output jacks. The Channel B input jacks do not function. Channel A and B volumes can be independently adjusted.
- Bridge: In Bridge mode, the unit operates as a single high-power amp. The Channel A input signal is output from the Bridge output jacks. To adjust the volume, you must use the Channel A volume control knob.
Note: The amplifiers two output channels have independent volume controls (31-step) located on the front-panel.
Inputs/Outputs: To provide the most versatile connectivity possible, The P5000S is equipped with Neutrik Speakon output jacks and 1/4" output jacks for each channel, in addition to 5-way binding posts. Balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS phone jacks are provided for channel inputs A-B.
High-Pass & Low-Pass Filters: The Yamaha P5000S is equipped with independent high-pass and low-pass filters on each channel, so you can optimize the output for a subwoofer or full range system. The high-pass and low-pass filters are variable (25-150Hz).
Perfect Match for Yamaha Club Series Speakers: Yamaha's audio engineers have specifically designed the new P-S Series power amplifiers to be perfect companions to the popular Club Series loudspeakers. To achieve this, they made sure that the amplifiers are capable of delivering power that matches the power handling capabilities of the Club Series Speakers, and equipped them with YS Processing (Yamaha Speaker Processing) to deliver a signal that will result in optimum system performance. The P-Series power amplifier can also be used with practically any loudspeaker PA system.
EEEngine (Energy Efficient Engine) Technology: EEEngine (Energy Efficient Engine) Technology makes more efficient use of AC power by reducing power consumption and heat generation without sacrificing output power or sound quality. When power requirements are low, the system uses a highly efficient current buffer to transparently switch input power on and off as needed. As power requirements increase, an independently responding auxiliary power line supplies additional power as required. Output isn't compromised because the auxiliary power line is driven by the power supply voltage which maintains maximum output to the speaker load.
Protection Circuitry + Cooling Fan: Comprehensive protection includes power on/off muting, DC detection, thermal protection, current limiting, and a protective cover for the attenuators. The Protection indicator lights up and sound output is automatically muted whenever the unit's protective circuitry is operating. The amplifier also features variable cooling fans for quiet, efficient cooling. The Temp indicator lights up if the unit is running hot.
Rack Mountable: The Yamaha P5000S power amp is rack mountable with a 2U chassis size.