About the Yamaha PA2120
Get a free system design
Compact power amp for your business
The Yamaha PA2120 provides 120 watts x 2 channels for standard speakers or a 70-volt system — perfect for a small eatery, conference center, or classroom.
- efficient 2-channel class D power amplifier
- power output: 120 watts x 2, 200 watts x 1 bridged
- drives up to 16 speakers in two zones in a 70-volt system
- balanced inputs with removable Phoenix style I/O connectors (included)
- stereo RCA unbalanced inputs
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- 18-15/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 14-15/16"D
- weight: 10.6 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PA2120
What's in the box:
- Rack-mountable 2-channel power amplifier
- 78" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong)
- 3-pin Euroblock plug
- 6-pin Euroblock plug
- Owner's Manual (3 copies: Eng / Span / Fren)
- Technical Specifications
- About Using BSD-licensed software
Yamaha PA2120 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yamaha PA2120
Overview: The PA Series of commercial amplifiers is a quick and easy solution to providing audio in restaurants, classrooms, retail spaces, and offices. The PA2120 accepts one stereo and two mono line inputs, allowing you to select from several different sources.
Output Power: The PA2120 has the following output power:
- 100 watts per channel x 2 channels at 3Ω (Lo-Z)
- 120 watts per channel x 2 channels at 4Ω (Lo-Z)
- 100 watts per channel x 2 channels at 8Ω (Lo-Z)
- 120 watts per channel x 2 channels at 70V / 120W (Hi-Z)
- 120 watts per channel x 2 channels at 100V / 120W (Hi-Z)
- 200 watts per channel x 1 channel at 70V / 200W (Hi-Z)
- 200 watts per channel x 1 channel at 100V / 200W (Hi-Z)
Note: The amplifier has a 4-pin, 7.62mm barrier strip speaker terminal.
Connections and Controls:
- Front Panel:
- Volume A / Volume B: Separate rotary control adjusts the volume output to the speakers. Above the volume knob are two LEDs: the Volume Signal LED lights when the signal output exceeds a certain level; the Volume Limit LED lights to indicate the limiter has activated, and the volume needs to be turned down.
- Bass / Treble: Separate bass and treble controls are provided for Channel A and Channel B. A small screwdriver is needed to make adjustments to the equalizer.
- Power Switch: The power button lets you turn the amplifier on and off. The button glows green when the unit is on, and orange when it's in standby. The device will automatically enter standby mode when no input signal is detected for 25 minutes. A DIP switch on the rear panel can be set to enable the auto-wake function to turn on the power when an input signal is detected.
- Rear Panel:
- AC Power Input: An IEC 3-prong input for connecting the supplied power cord, or an optional power cord.
- Speaker Terminals: Barrier strip type speaker outputs. You can make high-impedance connections (100V or 70V) or low-impedance connections (3Ω/4Ω/8Ω). Spade lugs (±0.23" outer width) or bare wire connections work best. (For Hi-Z 1-channel connections, only terminals A+ and B- are used)
- Setup/Speaker A/Speaker B DIP Switches: (see below)
- DCP: An RJ-45 port is provided for connecting a Yamaha Digital Control Panel (DCP), such as the DCP1V4S, DCP4S, or DCP4V4S.
- Remote: A 3-pin Euroblock connector is provided for connecting a remote control for muting/unmuting all channels or switching the power from standby to on or from on to standby.
- Thru Out: An unbalanced stereo RCA output is provided for sending an unaltered signal to an additional amplifier to drive more speakers.
- Input: One stereo RCA line input (unbalanced) and one 6-pin Euroblock connectors (balanced) for connecting external sources.
- Mode Switch: This 3-way switch lets you set the method
by which the input signals from Input A and Input B are sent to the output.
You can choose from the following:
- Stereo: Input A signal sent to Output A, Input B signal sent to Output B
- Mono: Output to A and B with Input A and Input B signals mixed as mono.
- Parallel: Input signals from A and B are mixed as mono and sent from Output A. Output B is muted
DIP Switches: The amp features three sets of 8 DIP switches on the rear panel. These DIP switches let you configure the amplifier (Setup) and each speaker output (Speaker A, Speaker B) to suit your needs and application. Using switches 1, 2, and 3 of the Speaker A and Speaker B DIP switches, you can select the amplifier output power and impedance. The Setup functions available are as follows:
|1||Panel Lock on/off|
|3||Auto-wake function |
|5||A-B Volume Link|
Optional DCP: The amplifier features an interface for adding an optional DCP1V4S Digital Control Panel. The wall-mounted DCP gives you remote source and volume control over the amp. An RJ-45 port is provided for the DCP interface. CAT5e cable is recommended.
THD+N (Stereo In to Speaker Out):
- 1 kHz, 3Ω/4Ω: ≤ 0.2%
- 1 kHz, 120 W, 70V/100V: ≤ 0.2%
- 1 kHz, 200 W, 70V/100V: ≤ 0.2%
- Line In to Thru Out: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (0 dB, -2.5dB, +1.0dB)
- Line In to Speaker Out (1W, 3Ω/4Ω): 50 Hz to 20 kHz (0 dB, -3.0dB, +1.0dB)
- Line In to Speaker Out (1W, 70V/100V): 90 Hz to 20 kHz (0 dB, -3.0dB, +1.0dB)
Dimensions: Width 18.875" (Chassis only 16.875"), Height 1.765" Depth 16.375" (w/AC cord)
Weight: 10 pounds 9.31 ounces