4" 2-way commercial weather-resistant surface mount speakers (White)
Our take on the Yamaha VS4 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Rugged weather-resistant speaker
This Yamaha VS4 speaker provides background music and live paging for small businesses, and it's tough enough to be mounted outdoors. It has a 4" woofer and 1" dome tweeter for wide coverage and exceptional voice clarity. It features a multi-tap transformer for 70-volt or 100-volt audio systems, and an 8-ohm bypass setting that lets it work with standard home audio receivers and amps.
Get a free system design
- surface-mount speaker with 4" woofer and 1" dome tweeter
- coverage: 110° x 110°
- frequency response: 100-20,000 Hz (-10 dB)
- 30 watts program power
- maximum SPL: 106 dB
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- multi-tap transformer for 70V or 100V systems
- 1.9, 3.8, 7.5, 15-watt taps
- 8-ohm bypass setting for use with regular home audio receivers and amps
- wall-mount hardware included
- paintable grilles
- 6"W x 9-9/16"H x 6-3/4"D
- weight: 4.2 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Two 70/100V speakers
- 2 Wall-brackets
- 4 Retaining knobs
- 2 Terminal covers
- Four 15 mm Phillips-head screws
- Installation guide (Eng / Fren / Span / Others)
- Specification chart (English)
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|System Frequency response||100-20,000|
|Maximum SPL||106 dB|
|Power rating||30 watts|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Yamaha VS4's are 70/100 V speakers designed for high-quality sound in a compact and aesthetically functional format that can be used in a variety of indoor and outdoor applications. They feature a 4" woofer and a 1" balanced dome tweeter mounted in a weather-proof enclosure that has a built-in transformer for 70 or 100 volt operation. The speakers can be surface mounted either vertically or horizontally and have a nominal coverage area of 110˚ in both orientations.
Enclosure and Mounting: The VS4 speaker enclosures are made of High Impact Polystyrene with a perforated metal grill, both of which can be painted to match the surroundings. Their waterproof construction meets the IEC60529 IPX3 weatherproof rating requirements for outdoor use under cover. The included mounting brackets allow the speakers to be surface-mounted, either vertically or horizontally, and hold the speakers in place with hand-tightened retaining knobs allowing the speakers to quickly and easily be re-oriented. The mounting brackets allow for 81˚ of swivel or tilt in either direction for a total of 162˚ of travel. The Yamaha logo can be rotated to match the speaker's orientation.
70/100V: The VS4's built-in transformer is compatible with both 70 and 100 volt systems. A rear-panel tap setting allows different wattages to be selected for either 70 or 100 volt and includes an 8Ω bypass setting. The speakers can handle 30 watts of program power and 60 watts peak power. Two sets of set-screw terminals are provided, both wired in parallel, allowing one set for the input and the other to daisy-chain the signal to other speakers. Terminal covers are provided, that attached with the provided Phillips-head screws, to help protect the terminals from weather and provide a clean look. The following tap settings are available:
- 70 V: 1.9 W, 3.8 W, 7.5 W, and 15 W
- 100V: 3.8 W, 7.5 W, and 15 W
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 100 Hz - 20 kHz
- Nominal Coverage:
- Horizontal: 110˚
- Vertical: 110˚
- LF: 4" cone woofer
- HF: 1" balanced dome tweeter
- Crossover: 15 kHz
- Power Rating:
- Program: 30 W
- Peak: 60 W
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω
- Sensitivity: 88 dB SPL / 106 dB SPL (Peak)
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 V: 1.9 W, 3.8 W, 7.5 W, 15 W
- 100 V: 3.8 W, 7.5 W, 15 W
- I/O Connectors: 2 pairs of set-screw terminals (parallel-wired, screw size: M3, terminal space: 6 mm)
- Enclosure: High Impact Polystyrene, 94-HB
- Outdoor Use: IEC60529 IPX3 splash proof rating
- Mounting Hardware: U-bracket for surface mounting (included)
- Dimensions: Width - 6.0", Height - 9.50", Depth - 7.50"
- Weight: 4.2 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Current system uses 70v Yamaha speakers and they worked out great so felt i should support the brand further. [ David Oct 10, 2018 ]
This was an affordable option to the JBL Control 23-1 for our small business. [ Alex Aug 03, 2018 ]
Yamaha makes pretty good low end speakers [ IT Pro Jun 04, 2018 ]
is the speacker than i goona use in this system [ Raneiro Apr 25, 2018 ]