About the Tascam BD-MP4K
High-res audio and video playback
High-res audio and video playback
The Tascam BD-MP4K delivers high-resolution video and audio playback in a rack-mountable chassis. It plays a wide variety of discs — regular and 4K Ultra HD Blu-rays, DVDs, CDs, and rewriteable discs. And it offers full 4K video resolution for a clear, detailed picture with Ultra HD TVs and monitors.
This player features a versatile array of inputs, outputs, and external media ports, including a front-mounted SDXC card slot. The back panel includes a Type-A USB 3.0 port for playback from a thumb drive, and an Ethernet port for internet connectivity.
You get a pair of HDMI outputs for flexible system integration: one for your display and another that passes audio signals only. A SPDIF coaxial output lets you send digital audio signals to a compatible receiver or processor. Analog audio outputs include a balanced XLR pair, unbalanced stereo RCA, and eight RCA connectors — the latter are helpfully labeled for setting up a 7.1 surround sound system.
- plays Ultra HD and standard Blu-ray discs, DVDs, CDs, and rewriteable discs
- full 4K video resolution for use with Ultra HD TVs and monitors
- built-in audio decoding for Dolby® Digital and DTS
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) playback for enhanced contrast and color with HDR-encoded discs
- supports HDR10 and Dolby Vision formats
- compatible audio file formats: WAV, MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC and APE
- remote control and rack-mounting kit included
- two HDMI outputs for separating audio and video signals
- HDMI 2.0 video output
- HDMI 1.4 audio output does not pass video signals
- balanced stereo XLR output
- unbalanced stereo RCA output
- eight RCA connectors labeled for 7.1 surround sound output
- coaxial digital audio output
- Type-A USB 3.0 port for playback from a thumb drive
- front-mounted SDXC card slot
- RS-232 connector for external remote control
- Ethernet port for internet connectivity
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-1/16"W x 2"H x 13-3/4"D (1U rack space)
- weight: 6.13 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BD-MP4K
What's in the box:
- Blu-ray player
- Two 71" Power cords (N. American (IEC 3-pin) & European)
- 3-Prong to 2-prong AC outlet adapter w/attached 6" ground wire (N. Am.)
- RC-BDMP4K IR Remote control
- Two AAA batteries
- 2 Rack ears
- Four 12mm machine-screws
- 4 Flat-washers
- Six 8mm screws
- Owner's manual (En / Sp / Fr / Ge / It)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Tascam BD-MP4K
Overview: The Tascam BD-MP4K Professional 4K UHD Blu-ray disc and media player is a compact, high performance unit capable of playing most popular optical video and audio CD playback formats. This single rack-space disc player also features an SD card slot and a USB port, supporting playback of video, audio, and picture files such as AVI, MOV, MP4, MP3, WAV, FLAC, GIF, JPEG, PNG, and more. The player's rear panel provides a wide range of connection and control ports, including balanced stereo XLRs, 7.1 RCA outputs, and 2 HDMI jacks - one supporting video and audio output, the other audio only.
- Museums & Displays: Using the power-on-play function and the seamless repeat-playback function, automatic and repeated content playback can be done just by turning on the building's main power. The unit will stop when facility is closed and power is turned off.
- Educational & Religious Facilities: Video playback can easily be performed during seminars using the provided remote control or a third-party RS-232 controller (sold separately). The player's Hide Menu function will display a black screen when stopped, preventing the home screen and settings options from being visible.
- Banquet Rooms: The BD-MP4K supports various types of flexible media and file format playback, allowing for imported material to be played.
Media: Along with the front-panel disc tray, the BD-MP4K features a front-panel SD card slot along with a rear-panel USB port (mass storage class). SD cards up to 512 GB are supported, while the USB port supports storage devices with up to 2 TB of capacity. Both SD and USB filing systems need to be formatted in either FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, or NTFS formats.
Disc Compatibility: The BD-MP4K will play most Blu-ray, DVD, and audio CDs, making it easy to utilize multiple disc formats within the same system.
|Disc Type||Disc Description|
|Blu-ray||4K Ultra HD BD, BD25, BD50, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE|
|DVD||DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW|
|CD||CD, CD-R, CD-RW|
Compatible Audio/Video/Photo Formats: The Tascam Blu-ray player supports playback of the following audio/video/photo files recorded on disc, SD card or USB memory devices.
|Media Format||File Type|
|Video||.3gp, .asf, .mpg, .avi, .dat, .mkv, .mov, .mp4, .m2ts, .ogm, .tp, .ts, .wmv|
|Audio||.ape, .flac, .m4a (AAC), .mp3, .wav, .wma,|
|Photo||.jpg, .gif, .png|
Front Panel: In addition to the single disc tray, the front panel also features an LCD display along with the following:
- SD Card Slot: An SD card (up to 512 GB capacity) can be used for playing back video, audio, and picture files.
- Playback Controls: Basic playback functions are
provided for Play, Stop, Pause, and Skip (Forward, Back). A Shift button
allows these controls to double their function:
- Lock: This locks the front-panel controls from inadvertently being changed.
- Hide Menu: This keeps operational features, that normally would be displayed on the monitor or tv, from displaying. A black screen will be displayed when activated and no media is playing back.
- Repeat: Pressing Shift along with the Skip Back button lets you cycle through the Repeat modes for playback.
- A-B: Pressing Shift and the Skip Forward button lets you loop a section of video or audio during playback.
Connections: The BD-MP4K's rear panel includes a wide array of connection options for outputting audio, video, and for control features.
- USB (3.0): A rear-panel USB port is provided for connecting a mass-storage-class USB device (up to 2 TB capacity) for playing back video, audio, and pictures.
- Balanced XLR: A pair of balanced XLR connectors are provided for running to an amplifier or set of powered speakers with balanced XLR inputs. This provides a signal with the lowest noise level.
- Stereo RCA: A pair of unbalanced RCA audio outputs can be used to run audio to a consumer-level amplifier or home stereo.
- 7.1 Outputs: The Blu-ray player features a built-in multi-channel decoder and 8 analog audio outputs for sending multi-channel signals (up to 7.1) to a surround amplifier.
- Coaxial Digital Output: Digital audio can be sent from the Blu-ray player to an amplifier, receiver, or DAC with a coax digital input. The output format can be selected in the menu: 48K, 96K, or 192K, with options for PCM, Bitstream, or Off. Bitstream is used when running a multi-channel signal to a receiver or processor that supports video decoding of formats such as Dolby Digital and DTS.
- HDMI Video/Audio: This HDMI (v. 2.0) output can send video, up to 4K UHD, to a TV or monitor with an HDMI input. This also provides output for the OSD for displaying the Setup Menu.
- HDMI Audio: A second HDMI (v. 1.4) port is for sending audio only to an A/V receiver that doesn't support HDMI 2.0. This HDMI port does not output video signals.
- LAN: The provided rear-panel RJ-45 port allows for a wired network connection to a modem or router with internet access, for accessing BD-Live content online.
- Remote Input (9-Pin D-Sub): The provided RS-232 port lets you connect a third-party controller (sold separately) to control the Blu-ray player using RS-232C serial communication.
Remote Control: The included RC-BDMP4K wireless IR remote control provides controls for all of the features of the BD-MP4K. In addition to controlling the Blu-ray player, the remote can also provide basic controls of an HDMI connected tv, via the HDMI Control feature.
Initial Setup: Setup and configuration of the Tascam BD-MP4K is done through an on-screen menu displayed on a TV or monitor connected to the unit's rear-panel HDMI Video/Audio output. Options include setting the Language, Output Resolution, Aspect Ratio, and broadcasting standard: NTSC, PAL, or Multi if the TV supports both types.
Disc: The following features and functions are available when playing back Blu-ray discs, DVDs, and CDs:
- Play/Pause and Stop
- Skip Forward/Skip Back: This allows you to skip to a different audio track, during CD playback, and skip to a different chapter, if playing a Blu-ray or DVD disk. If Chapter Repeat is on, this will skip to either the beginning or end of that chapter.
- Fast-Forward/Rewind: Speed in either direction can be increased by pressing either button up to 5 times before returning to normal playback speed.
- Repeat Mode: Offers choices of:
- Chapter/Track Repeat: Will continuously repeat the selected chapter (Blu-ray or DVD) or track (CD).
- Title Repeat (Blu-ray/DVD): Will continuously repeat the current title.
- Repeat All: The current CD will continuously repeat.
- Random Playback: This option is available during CD
playback with 3 modes:
- Shuffle: Tracks will play in random order without repeating. Disk will stop when all tracks have been played.
- Random: Tracks will play in a random order continuously until stopped. Tracks will be allowed to repeat.
- A-B: During playback, a section of audio or video can be looped and repeated continuously. The first press of the A-B button sets the beginning point of the loop, while the second press sets the end point.
- Program (CD): A list of up to 15 tracks can programmed to play back consecutively in the Program page.
- Bookmark (Blu-ray/DVD): A Bookmark is a specific location in a video that is stored in the player's internal memory, which allow you to "jump" to that specific location without having to scan through the video. Up to 12 Bookmark locations can be saved and recalled.
Media: Various audio, video, and picture files can be played back from either the USB port or the SD card slot. While playing an audio file, screen information can include: File Name, Type (format), Total Time, Title, Artist, Album, and Genre. In addition to the standard playback functions: Play/Pause, Stop, Search Forward/Back, Skip Forward/Back, media playback includes additional functions:
- Playlists: Playlists consist of a customized set of audio, photo, or video files set to play back in a predetermined order. Playlists can be created, edited, and stored in the player's internal memory. Each Playlist can only contain the same media type.
- Bookmarks: Up to 12 Bookmark locations can be saved for quick recall back to those locations during video playback.
- Photo Playback: During playback of picture files, the Cursor Up and Down buttons will flip the picture either vertically or horizontally, while the Right and Left Cursor buttons will rotate the picture 90˚ either clockwise or counterclockwise.
Picture-In-Picture (PIP): This feature lets you view additional content, in a small screen within the normal screen, during Blu-ray and DVD playback. PIP functionality works with discs that provide a second video source encoded on it. Note: This feature does not combine video from 2 different sources and is only available on disks that support PIP.
- 2nd Audio: This allows you to select the language of the audio used with the PIP feature (only available on disks that support this feature).
Analog Audio Outputs:
- Volume +/-: These buttons can control the volume level for the stereo Audio Outputs and the 7.1 Audio Outputs.
- Output Volume: The output level from the stereo Audio Outputs and 7.1 Audio Outputs can be set to either Variable (when using the Denon volume controls) or Fixed (when using the playback amplifier's remote control).
- Mute: Sound from the stereo Audio Outputs and 7.1 Audio Outputs can be muted.
- Zoom: Allows you to zoom in during video playback, with options for: 2x, 3x, 4x, 1/2, 1/3, and 1/4.
- Angle: Allows you to select a different viewing angle during playback (only available on disks that feature different viewing angles.
- TV Aspect Ratio: Options include: 16:9 Full, 16:9 Normal, 4:3 Pan & Scan, and 4:3 Letterbox.
- TV System: Includes options for NTSC, PAL, and Multi (if your TV supports both system types).
- Resolution: Options include Auto (the player will automatically detect the optimal resolution), 480i/576i, 480p/576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, or 2160p.
3D: The Denon Blu-ray player can be set to automatically play 3D content encoded on a disk. The connected TV or monitor must support 3D playback for this feature.
Close Caption: Close Caption content can be viewed when set to Auto. The Custom setting allows selection of Font Color, Size, Style, and Opacity. Background Color/Opacity, and Window Color/Opacity are also available.
Interface: The BD-MP4K can connected to a Local Area Network (LAN) via the Ethernet port on the rear panel. This allows remote control of the player from a connected computer using the RS-232 protocol.
BD-Live: After connecting the Tascam player to your local network, BD-Live content on select Blu-ray disks can be accessed. This can include downloadable featurettes and movie trailers, internet chats, scheduled chats with the director, games and quizzes, and more.
Methods: The BD-MP4K includes 4 pre-attached rubber feet for using the player on a shelf or table-top. Two rack-ears and mounting hardware are included for rack-mounting the unit as well. When rack-mounting, the player will take up 1U of space.