About the Tascam CD-200BT
The Tascam CD-200BT combines reliable CD performance with the convenience of Bluetooth. Drop your latest demo CD into the smooth disc loading drawer or connect your smartphone, tablet, or laptop for wireless music streaming. Either way, you'll enjoy clean playback and easy operation.
Play CDs and music from compatible Bluetooth devices with the Tascam CD-200BT.
Bluetooth opens a world of possibilities
Connect your smartphone or tablet to the CD-200BT via Bluetooth to listen to music from that device. And we're not just talking about music you've already stored on it — you can also play music from any streaming apps that you have, such as Pandora® Internet radio. Plus, the CD-200BT supports A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) and aptX® for high-quality sound from compatible sources.
Playing music via Bluetooth requires pairing the source and playback devices, and pairing is usually one-to-one. The CD-200BT, however, has a device selection function that lets you connect multiple sources and easily switch between them. You can only play one at a time, but a simple press of a button on the front panel changes from one source to another with minimal interruption time. You can also view the name of the source device on the front panel to make sure you have the right one.
Flexible and easy to use
Optical and coaxial digital audio outputs offer a simple connection to a recorder or digital console. A front-panel pitch control lets you adjust pitch and tempo — great for musicians, dancers, and fitness instructors. For private listening, the CD-200BT includes a headphone jack on the front panel with a volume control. In addition to standard CDs, the CD-200BT plays discs with MP3 and WAV files, and has front-panel folder up/down buttons that make it easy to find the right folder. And the included remote includes number keys for quick access to a specific track.
- plays standard audio CDs, MP3 and WAV file CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs
- CD TEXT and ID3 tag support
- built-in Bluetooth 3.0 receiver for wireless audio playback from compatible computers and portable audio devices
- Bluetooth antenna in the front for stable wireless connections
- supports aptX® codec technology for outstanding stereo sound quality with compatible Bluetooth devices
- device selection function allows up to eight Bluetooth devices to be registered in advance for quick switching and operation
- stereo RCA unbalanced analog line outputs
- optical and coaxial (S/PDIF) digital audio outputs
- 1/4" stereo headphone output with volume control
- 3.5mm stereo auxiliary input
- ±14% pitch control (for audio CDs and data CDs only)
- 10-second shockproof memory built in (protection against skipping)
- four playback modes: continuous, single, shuffle, and programed
- repeat playback (single repeat, all repeat)
- folder repeat for data CDs
- wireless remote control
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: greater than 90 dB
- rack mountable (2U rack space)
- 19"W x 3-3/4"H x 14-1/2"D
- weight: 9.9 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CD-200BT
What's in the box:
- CD player with Bluetooth and attached 74" power cord
- 2 Rack ears (installed)
- 4 Pan-head rack screws (with rubber washers)
- Wireless remote control (RC-CD200BT)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty sheet
- Important Safety Precautions sheet
More details on the Tascam CD-200BT
Overview: The TASCAM CD-200BT is a rack-mountable professional CD player with built-in Bluetooth 3.0 technology, allowing you to wirelessly control and play audio from a computer or portable device that supports Bluetooth streaming. In addition, a front panel 3.5mm minijack Aux Input is provided for connecting a device that does not have Bluetooth. The player comes with a wireless remote control, and with rack-mount ears installed. There are multiple outputs to choose from, including analog RCA connections, as well as optical and coaxial digital outs. The unit also has a 1/4" headphone output with a level control.
Compatible Media: The CD-200BT is equipped with a high quality CD-5020A tray-loading CD disc drive. The unit is compatible CD, CD-R, and CD-RW discs (12cm and 8cm) with the following media types:
- CD-DA: 44.1 kHz, 16-bit stereo
- MP2: 32 / 44.1 / 48kHz, 32-384 kbps
- MP3: 32 / 44.1 / 48kHz, 32-320 kbps, VBR
- WAV: 8 / 16 / 32 / 11.025 / 22.05 / 44.1 / 12 / 24 / 48 kHz, 16-bit
Pitch Control: While playing back CDs, the CD-200BT can vary the pitch by operating the pitch control buttons on the front panel or the remote control. Each press of the Plus or Minus button will raise or lower the pitch in a range of 14% in 0.5% increments. Pitch control works best with CD-DA discs, but it may cause MP3 or WAV files to skip.
Playback Functions: The CD-200BT offers several playback functions:
- Direct Play: Using the number buttons on the front panel or remote, you can directly select tracks (CD-DA) or folders (MP3/WMA).
- Playback Modes: continuous, single, random, and program (99 tracks)
- Intro Check: plays the first 10 seconds of each track, one after another
- Repeat: You can select disc or track repeat on CD-DA discs. On data CDs, you can select Folder Repeat and Program Repeat.
Display: The front panel has a bright blue and white display. The unit will display CD Text and ID3 tag information, as well as various time displays. You can change the time display on CD-DA tracks to track elapsed, track remain, and total remain. Data CDs display track elapsed time only. During Bluetooth playback, the codec information is shown in the display.
Shock Protection: To protect against skipping, the CD drive has a 10-second memory buffer.
Bluetooth: The CD-200BT's built-in Bluetooth receiver allows audio playback from a variety of Bluetooth-compatible devices, such as laptops, smartphones, and tablets. Files that can be played back by iTunes, Windows Media Player, various smartphone player apps, and other music applications can be played through this unit. The player supports the A2DP profile, plus SBC, AAC, and aptX codecs for high quality wireless audio playback. In addition, the unit supports AVRCP, which allows you to control basic playback functions of the transmitting device from the CD player's front panel or remote control. Bluetooth has a transmitting range of approximately 33 feet (10 meters).
Auxiliary Input: A 3.5mm stereo mini jack is provided on the front panel for connecting a portable playback device that doesn't have Bluetooth. The input level and playback functions of the connected device must be controlled on the device itself. The CD-200BT has no level or playback control over the portable device.
Rack Mountable: The CD-200BT comes out of the box with rack ears installed. The unit will fit into a 2U rack-mount space, however it is recommended to leave 1U of space above and 4" behind the unit for proper ventilation. If needed, the player's 4 rubber feet can be removed when rack-mounting. Four rack-mounting screws with rubber washers are included.
Wireless Remote Control: The CD-200BT includes the RC-CD200BT remote control. The remote is powered by two "AA" batteries (included). The remote's operating range is approximately 7 meters (23') at an angle of 15° left or right.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/-1.0dB)
- THD: Less than 0.01%
- S/N Ratio: 90dB or greater
- Dynamic Range: 90dB or greater
- Channel Separation: 90dB or greater
Auxiliary Input Ratings: 3.5mm stereo minijack
- Output Impedance: 22kΩ
- Reference Input Level: -20dBV
- Maximum Input Level: -4dBV
Output Ratings: The CD-200BT includes both analog and digital outputs:
- Analog Output: RCA pin jack
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Reference Output Level: -10dBV (0.32 Vrms)
- Maximum Output Level: +6dBV (2.0 Vrms)
- Headphone Output:
- Connector: 1/4" (6.3mm) stereo phone jack
- Maximum Output Level: 20mW + 20mW (THD+N: 0.1%, 32Ω)
- Digital Outputs (S/PDIF):
- Coaxial: RCA pin jack connector
- Optical: Optical jack (TosLink)
Dimensions: The CD-200BT has the following dimensions:
* Overall width includes rack-mount ears; overall height includes feet; overall depth include an allowance of 2.75" for cables.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked