About the Tascam DR-05X
Made for content producers
Made for content producers
Whether you're a videographer, podcaster, journalist, or musician, high-quality audio recording is a must. And if it's simple to do, that's even better. The Tascam DR-05X delivers both. It can record in MP3 and high-resolution WAV formats — including the BWF (Broadcast Wave Format), used in professional media production. Built-in stereo omnidirectional microphones accurately capture sound, with a variety of settings to optimize recording under most any condition.
Customize your recordings
The DR-05X lets you record in either WAV or MP3. You can set the resolution for WAV recording up to 24-bit/96kHz, and MP3 resolution up to 48kHz/320kbps. The mics can be set to record either in stereo, or mono. A Dictation Mode automatically adjusts record settings for the spoken word.
For the musician
The mics can handle high volume levels, all the way up to 125 dB SPL. Record your band rehearsing at full tilt and capture it without distortion. And a built-in chromatic tuner ensures you and your bandmates are not only on the same page, but in the same key.
Solo practice session? There's self-timer recorder function, so you can get set up and ready to play before recording starts.
More great features
The recorder has three low cut filters, which are handy for eliminating low-frequency noises like the sound of wind or electric motors. A peak reduction function automatically adjusts levels to prevent clipping. The built-in 1/4" standard screw hole lets you mount the recorder on an optional tripod. And there's both headphone and mic jacks, for more recording and monitoring options.
Memory and battery life
The recorder has a microSD card slot. Use microSD memory cards (available separately) to store up to 128GB of recordings. The DR-05X gets up to 17.5 hours of operation from two "AA" batteries (available separately).
- built-in stereo omnidirectional microphones
- selectable stereo or mono recording
- records in:
- MP3 up to 48kHz/320kbps
- WAV/BWF up to 24-bit/96kHz
- recording features:
- handles high sound pressure levels up to 125 dB
- 3 low cut filters
- self timer recording function
- adjustable playback speed
- peak reduction function to automatically set optimal recording levels
- Dictation Mode designed for voice recording and transcription
- microSD card slot for expandable storage (memory card not included)
- LCD display
- built-in mono speaker
- USB micro-B port for data transfer and power (cables not included)
- 3.5mm microphone input
- 3.5mm stereo minijack headphone output
- up to 17.5 hours of operation with 2 "AA" batteries (available separately)
- 2-7/16"W x 5-9/16"H x 1-1/16"D
- weight: 4.2 oz. (not including batteries)
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DR-05X
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Tascam DR-05X