About the Tascam CD-RW900MKII
Tascam's CD-RW900MKII professional CD recorder offers outstanding performance and convenience at a price that won't break the bank.
This versatile recorder features a new TEAC-designed tray-loading transport to ensure reliable, long-term operation in the most demanding installations. In addition, the new transport allows you to write track markers without a gap, for seamless continuous live recordings — something not possible using off-the-shelf PC drives. You also get your choice of three track division functions — automatic, time-based, and manual — to make recording simpler and help create polished recordings without the need for constant supervision. Plus, a record-mute function can insert silence between tracks.
Other useful recording features include a digital input level control as well as independent left and right analog trim controls for setting optimal recording levels. A high-performance AKM processor is used for analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion for clean, clear sound quality with wide frequency response and dynamic range.
Flexible and easy to use
Analog plus optical and coaxial digital audio inputs and outputs offer simple connections to a recording console. A built-in pitch control lets you adjust pitch and tempo during playback — great for musicians, dancers, and fitness instructors. For monitoring or private listening, the CD-RW900MKII includes a headphone jack on the front panel with a volume control. And the included remote has number keys for quick access to a specific track.
- supported recordable disc types: CD-R, CD-R-DA, CD-RW, and CD-RW-DA (high speed CD-RW is supported)
- playback disc formats: CD-DA, CD-ROM ISO9660 LEVEL 1/2 Joliet format, multisession discs and CD-text
- recording file formats: CD-DA (44.1kHz/16-bit stereo)
- playback file formats: CD-DA (44.1kHz/16-bit stereo), MP3 (44.1kHz, 64 to 320kbps, VBR)
- all new TEAC-designed tray-loading transport for reliable operation
- high-performance AKM AK4528VM processor for AD/DA conversion for clean, clear sound
- independent left- and right-channel analog input trim controls
- digital input trim control for optimal recording levels from a digital source
- automatic, time-based, and manual track division functions to make recording simpler
- record-mute function can insert silence between tracks
- fade-in/fade-out recording function (1 to 30 seconds selectable in 1-second increments)
- one pair unbalanced RCA analog line inputs/outputs
- optical (Toslink) and coaxial S/PDIF digital audio inputs/outputs
- 1/4" stereo headphone output with volume control
- input for optional P/S2 keyboard (mini DIN 6 pin)
- ±16% pitch control playback function
- 4-second RAM memory buffer prevents skipping during playback due to vibration
- remote control
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (±0.8 dB playback, ±1.0 dB record)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 90 dB recording, 95 dB playback
- dynamic range: 90 dB recording, 95 dB playback
- channel separation: 80 dB recording, 90 dB playback
- rack mountable (2U rack space)
- 19"W x 3-11/16"H x 13-3/4"D
- weight: 9.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts (90 days disc drive), 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CD-RW900MKII
What's in the box:
- CD recorder
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 2 Rack ears (installed)
- 4 Screws
- 4 Washers
- Owner's Manual
Tascam CD-RW900MKII reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Tascam CD-RW900MKII
CD Recorder: The Teac CD-RW900MKII is a professional CD recorder with analog and digital inputs/outputs for recording of your external audio sources.
Reliable CD Transport: The new Teac transport (CD-W5600S) was designed for audio use; not a re-packaged computer drive. The tray-loading design provides a stable platter to minimize errors while writing the disc. Improved firmware allows the transport to write track markers without a gap, for seamless continuous live recordings.
High-Quality AD/DA Conversion: An AKM AK4528VM is used for AD/DA conversion for clean, clear sound quality with a frequency response of 20Hz to 20kHz (+/-0.8dB).
Disc Compatibility: The following disc type can be played back by the Teac CD-RW900MKII.
- Commercial pre-recorded CDs recorded in CD-DA format (44.1kHz, 16-bit)
- CD-R and CD-RW disc that have been recorded in CD-DA format (44.1kHz, 16-bit) and finalized properly
- MP3 files (44.1kHz, 64-320kbps) recorded in ISO9660 level 1/level 2 format on CD-R and CD-RW disc, and properly finalized
Note: The CD-RW900MKII can recognize up to 255 folders and 999 files on a recorded MP3 CD-R/RW disc.
Shockproof Memory: A RAM buffer stores audio data in memory to ensure smooth playback, even if shock or vibration lasts for up to four seconds.
Analog & Digital Inputs/Outputs: Unbalanced analog, plus S/PDIF coaxial and optical connections are provided for connection flexibility. The CD-R900MKII features a stereo analog RCA input and output, a coaxial digital input and output, and an optical (toslink) digital input and output.
Independent Input Trim Controls: Both the left and right analog inputs have their own analog input gain controls. In addition, the digital input can be controlled for optimal recording levels from a digital source.
Headphone Jack: The CD-RW900MKII also includes a front-panel 1/4" headphone jack for record monitoring and playback listening.
Playback Functions: Even if you don't need to record every day, the CD-RW900MKII makes an excellent CD player. Functions including auto-cue, auto-ready, pitch control, program, random/repeat, and more are provided.
- Auto Cue: Using the auto cue function, you can select a cue point where sound begins (not where a track begins) within a track.
- Auto Ready: This function allows the playing back a single track, and the automatic cuing of the next track ready for playback.
- Pitch Control: When playing back an audio CD, the pitch (or speed) of the playback can be varied (+/-16%).
- Program Play: This function enables playback of selected tracks in any desired order (up to 99 tracks).
- Random Play: In this mode, the unit will play back all the tracks on the disc in completely random order; regardless of track number.
- Repeat Play (A/B): In this mode, all the tracks on a disc are played continuously. If a specific portion between two points on the disc is specified, that portion can be played back repeatedly.
- Timer Playback: By using an external timer, you can set the CD-R900MKII to play the loaded disc automatically when the unit is turned on by the time.
Track Division Functions: The CD-RW900MKII offers a variety of track division functions to make recording simpler.
- Automatic Track Division: A track marker can be created based on the input level, adding a new track when the input falls below a specified level (from -24 to -72dB).
- Time Track Division: Time-based track creation can be set every 1-10 minutes. This method is preferred in some applications like conference recording, when there is no gap between segments like there is when recording music.
- Manual Track Division: A new track can be written manually by pressing the Record key while the unit is in record mode.
- Rec-Mute: The Rec-Mute function can insert silence between recorded tracks.
Fade In/Fade Out: At the beginning and the end of a recording, fade-in and fade-out effects can be performed. The length of the fade-in/out can be set between 1-30 seconds.
Synchronized Recording: Synchronized recording basically means that recording will begin automatically when a signal is received, and will stop when a signal ends.
Disc/Track Titles: You can use the Text Edit option to provide titles to your recorded discs and tracks. A PC-compatible keyboard can be connected to the unit's PS/2 interface on the front panel to make it easier to input titles.
Note: The PS/2 port is an older protocol that will require a USB to PS/2 adapter (sold separately) when using a newer USB keyboard.
Wireless Remote Control: The Teach CD-RW900MKII includes an IR remote control for wireless operating of the CD recorder. The remote is powered by two "AAA" batteries (included). The remote's operating range is approximately 7 meters (23') at an angle of 15° left or right.
Rack Mountable: The CD-RW900MKII comes out of the box with rack ears installed. The unit will fit into a 2U rack-mount space, however it is recommended to leave 1U of space above and 4" behind the unit for proper ventilation. If needed, the player's 4 rubber feet can be removed when rack-mounting. Four rack-mounting screws with rubber washers are included.
16 questions already asked