About the Zoom ZDM-1 Podcast Mic Pack
Professional sound in your home studio
Professional sound in your home studio
The Zoom ZDM-1 Podcast Mic Kit makes it easy to record professional-quality podcasts — a perfect add-on to a Zoom recorder like the PodTrak™ P4 or H5 Handy. The kit's ZDM-1 dynamic mic captures voices in clear detail. The included windscreen helps smooth out popped syllables and diminish ambient sounds. And the compact folding tripod stand lets you set up on just about any flat surface.
Also included are a pair of Zoom ZHP-1 headphones. These closed-back 'phones have a frequency response of 10-20,000 Hz, so you can hear all the fine details (or flaws) as you monitor your recording. The headphones are generously padded and weigh only 7.76 ounces, for comfort during long recording sessions.
Software to get you started
The kit includes a free software license for Steinberg WaveLab Cast. This software connects you with directly with popular podcast directories like Podbean and Spreaker. You can upload completed episodes of your podcast and even create an RSS feed for your subscribers.
The software also features advanced sound editing capabilities. You can record high-res audio up to 96kHz. And it lets you remove noise and unwanted sounds, plus assemble your podcast from sound files with crossfades and multi-tracking.
You also get a 2-meter XLR cable for your microphone, and a 9.9-foot stereo minijack cable (with 1/4" adapter) for your headphones. Both ensure you can have lots of play once you've set up your gear.
- dynamic microphone designed for home studio recording
- supercardioid pattern for noise and feedback rejection
- frequency response: 50-18,000 Hz
- standard XLR output for connection to your mixer or recorder
- impedance: 200 ohms
- 2-1/8" diameter x 5-15/16" length
- weight: 3 lbs.
- closed back padded earcups
- frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz
- weight: 7.76 oz.
- 3-meter (9.9-foot) cable with 3.5mm minijack connector
- 1/4" adapter included
- adjustable tabletop tripod mic stand
- 2-meter (6.8-foot) XLR microphone cable
- free download license for Steinberg's WaveLab Cast podcasting and editing software
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ZDM-1PMP
What's in the box:
- ZDM-1 Dynamic microphone
- Foam windscreen (installed on mic)
- ZHP-1 Closed-back headphones
- 10' Headphone cable (male 3.5mm TRS plug on one end / female 3.5mm socket w/locking-clip on other end)
- 6.5' XLR Cable (female on one end / male on other end)
- Tripod mic stand
- Threaded stand adapter (5/8")
- 5/8"-3/8" Thread adapter
- 3.5mm-1/4" Headphone adapter
- Mic Pack manual
- Microphone manual
- Headphone manual
- WaveLab Cast download information & Access Code
- Cubase LE/WaveLab Cast Startup guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Zoom ZDM-1 Podcast Mic Pack
Overview: The Zoom ZDM-1 Podcast Mic Pack provides all the essential tools you need to go along with your computer and interface (both sold separately), for producing professional-quality podcasts. The Zoom Podcast Mic Pack includes a ZDM-1 dynamic microphone, ZHP-1 closed-back headphones, a tripod mic stand, and the necessary cabling to get started.
ZDM-1 Microphone: The ZDM-1 is a large-diaphragm dynamic microphone that's designed to capture smooth, broadcast-quality sound. It features a supercardioid polar pattern, allowing it to capture sounds both in front and in back of the mic, and includes a large foam windscreen to help reduce plosives and provide clear recordings. The ZDM-1 has a frequency response of 50Hz-18kHz and can handle up to 135dB of sound pressure level. A 6.5' XLR cable is provided for connecting the microphone.
ZHP-1 Headphones: The Zoom ZHP-1 headphones feature soft leatherette earpads along with rubberized head-band pads, providing a comfortable fit, even after hours of use. Their closed-back design helps reduce background noise, while the 40mm neodymium drivers provide clear legible sound. The ZHP-1 headphones feature a wide frequency response of 10Hz-20kHz, and can handle up to 200mW of input power. A male 3.5mm TRS jack on the Left ear cup provides the connection to the included 10' headphone cable. A 3.5mm-1/4" adapter is also provided if needed.
Tripod Stand: The Zoom ZHP-1 Podcast Mic Pack includes tripod stand for placing the microphone on a table or console. The adjustable stand can place the microphone from 4-1/4" to 5-1/2" from the mounting surface. The provided microphone stand-adapter features a threaded base for tightening the microphone body to, and includes a 5/8"-3/8" thread adapter for use with other optional stands.
Software: The ZHP-1 includes a free download license for Steinberg's WaveLab Cast software. WaveLab Cast lets you finalize your project with a wide range of comprehensive editing, mixing, and refinement tools. WaveLab Cast supports audio quality up to 96kHz and includes a high-end re-sampler. RestoreRig lets you remove noise and unwanted sounds, and new files can also be assembled using the snap and crossfade options. Edited sound files can then be exported in any popular audio format. WaveLab Cast connects directly with podcast directories, such as Spreaker or Podbean, letting you quickly create and publish RSS feeds.
- Capsule Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-18kHz
- Sensitivity: -54dBV/Pa (2.0mV)
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Minimum Load Impedance: 200Ω
- Maximum SPL: 135dB
- Connector: XLR (male)
- Weight: 3.0 lbs.
- Design: Closed-Back
- Drivers: 40mm neodymium
- Sensitivity: 97dB (±1.5dB)/ 1mW @ 1kHz
- Maximum Input Power: 200mW
- Rated Impedance: 68Ω @1kHz
- Earpads: Leatherette
- Connector: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack (male)
- Weight: 7.76 oz.