About the AKG C1000 S
A high-quality all-purpose microphone
A high-quality all-purpose microphone
The versatile AKG C1000 S condenser microphone is equally at home in the studio, on the stage, or even in front of a camera. This small-diaphragm condenser can be used to mike acoustic instruments, vocalists, and even drum kits. Its durable metal case holds up to the wear and tear of travel. The C1000 S runs on two "AA" batteries, which can deliver up to 120 hours of operation. This self-powered feature makes it ideal for mobile broadcast use and video production. Or you can run it on phantom power, just like most other condensers.
Two gain settings and three frequency settings help you adapt the C1000 S to a range of jobs. A 10 dB attenuation switch lets the mic handle high sound pressure levels, so you can use it to close-mike drum kits and guitar amps. Gold-plated connectors ensure accurate signal transfer. The microphone comes with extras to further help you fine-tune the sound: a windscreen for vocal recordings, a presence boost adapter which can improve speech intelligibility, and a polar pattern converter that switches the mic from cardioid to hypercardioid to make it even less sensitive to off-axis sound sources.
- condenser microphone
- designed for both vocal recording and broadcasting
- selectable cardioid and hypercardioid polar patterns with included polar pattern adapter
- metal body black matte finish
- switchable low-frequency filter
- 10 dB attenuation switch for handling extremely high sound pressure levels
- gold-plated connectors for optimal signal transfer
- frequency response: 50-20,000 Hz
- output impedance: 200 ohms
- sensitivity: 6 mV/Pa
- max. SPL: 200 dB
- length: 9-1/8"; diameter: 5/16"
- weight: 10.6 oz.
- up to 120 hours operation with 2 included "AA" batteries
- also operates on phantom power
- XLR connector
- carry bag
- stand adapter
- presence boost adapter (boosts from 5 kHz to 9 kHz by approx. 5dB)
- polar pattern converter
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C1000S
What's in the box:
- Cardioid condenser microphone
- SA63 Tripod adapter
- 5/8"-to-3/8" thread adapter (inserted in tripod adapter)
- Foam windscreen
- PPC1000 Polar pattern converter
- PB1000 Presence boost adapter
- Zippered storage pouch
- User Instructions
- Microphone Guide
- Warranty card
AKG C1000 S reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AKG C1000 S
Features & specs
|Application||For live & studio use|
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid(Hyper-c adapter)|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The AKG C1000S Cardioid Condenser microphone is designed for recording, broadcast, and live performances of instruments and vocals. It has a switchable low-cut filter and pre-attenuation pad let you tailor its output to different uses. It also comes with a polar pattern converter and a presence boost adapter, giving you even more options. Its all-metal construction can withstand the rigors of live performance for years. The mic comes with an SA63 stand adapter, thread adapter, and a zippered storage pouch.
Switchable Polar Pattern: The C1000S has a cardioid polar pattern that is more sensitive to sounds directly in front of the element. This pattern helps control feedback, and reduces the pickup of unwanted sounds from the sides and back. With the included PPC1000 Polar Pattern Converter, you can change the pickup pattern from cardioid to hypercardioid, making it even less sensitive to sounds from the sides and rear. The converter slides over the capsule.
Presence Boost Adapter: The included PB1000 Presence Boost Adapter boosts the sensitivity of the microphone by approximately 5dB between 5 kHz and 9 kHz. This increases the intelligibility of speech to an optimum level.
Phantom Power: This condenser microphone requires a power supply in order to function. The C1000S can be powered by two "AA" batteries, or from external phantom power (9 to 52 volts) supplied by the mixer. The microphone will automatically switch from battery to phantom power mode.
Controls: The C1000S has an external on/off switch that allows you to turn the microphone on or off as you please. When the microphone is powered on, a status LED above the switch will illuminate. In addition, there are two other switches in the inside of the microphone:
- Attenuation: You can increase the mic level by 10dB, enabling distortion-free recording of very loud sound sources, or sources in close proximity.
- Bass Cut: If low frequencies from wind noise or stage rumble are causing distortion, you can engage the bass-cut switch. When activated, the bass-cut switch attenuates frequencies 80Hz and down. Bass-cut can also reduce the proximity effect that occurs when the sound source is a short distance away.
Mounting: The C1000S comes with a swiveling SA63 tripod adapter. The adapter comes with a 5/8"-to-3/8" thread adapter so you can attach it to stands with 3/8" threads.
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 20kHz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: 6mV/Pa
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: ≥ 2000 ohms
- Max. Sound Pressure Level: 137dB SPL
- Output Connection: XLR male
- Dimensions: 1.322" diameter, 9.033" length
- Weight: 10.1 ounces