About the AKG C214
The AKG C214 condenser microphone records acoustic instruments and vocals with clarity and precision. The mic features a large 1" diaphragm that captures subtle nuances and fast transients for lifelike sound.
Accurate sound reproduction
The C214 is ideal for close-miking instruments in the studio, such as an acoustic guitar. It's also well-suited for use with strings and grand pianos, as well as choirs and backing vocals. Thanks to its quality construction, the C214 has an amazingly wide dynamic range. Its edge-terminated diaphragm capsule delivers a richly detailed, close-up sound that makes acoustic performances come alive. Gold-plated connectors ensure accurate signal transfer.
A 20 dB attenuation switch lets the C214 handle high sound pressure levels, so you can use it on drum kits, guitar amps and brass instruments.
The microphone has an all-metal die-cast body with a shock- and scratch-resistant finish. The all-metal grille is double mesh, and is dent-resistant. This mic will hold up to years of studio use or touring. The microphone comes with a universal shock mount and a foam-cushioned aluminum carry case.
- condenser microphone
- for lead vocals and solo instruments in studio and live performance
- cardioid polar pattern
- large 1-inch diaphragm
- double mesh dent-resistant grille
- all-metal die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish
- switchable low-frequency filter
- 20 dB attenuation switch for handling extremely high sound pressure levels
- gold-plated connectors for optimal signal transfer
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- output impedance: 200 ohms
- sensitivity: -34 dBV
- max. SPL: 136 dB
- height: 6-5/16"; diameter: 2-3/16"
- weight: 10.2 oz.
- XLR connector
- requires phantom power (9 to 52V) on your mixer or audio interface
- aluminum carrying case
- universal shock mounts
- aluminum carry case
- warranty:3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C214
What's in the box:
- Cardioid condenser large diaphragm side-address microphone
- H85 Shock mount
- 5/8"-to-3/8" Thread adapter (installed)
- W 214 Foam windscreen
- Metal case
- User Instructions
- Warranty card
- China RoHS declaration
AKG C214 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AKG C214
Features & specs
|Application||For live & studio use|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Overview: The AKG C214 side-address microphone is a 1" large-diaphragm condenser microphone. It is designed for recording vocals (solo and ensemble), acoustic instruments, and brass instruments. Its all-metal die-cast body is rugged enough for use on the stage, as well. It is designed, engineered, and built in Vienna, Austria. The C214 comes with a spider-type shock mount with a thread adapter, foam windscreen to eliminate plosives, and a sturdy metal case.
Polar Pattern: The C214 should be mounted in an upright position, with the front of the microphone (marked by the AKG logo) facing toward the sound source. The cardioid polar pattern is more sensitive to sounds directly in front of the element, which reduces the pickup of unwanted sounds from the sides and back.
Bass Cut Filter: The C214 is equipped with a Bass-Cut filter which reduces low-frequency distortion caused by wind noise or air handling equipment. It also minimizes the proximity effect caused by close-miking from 6" or less. The Bass-Cut filter rolls off at 6 dB/octave from 160Hz downward.
Preattenuation Pad: The C214 is capable of handling sound pressure levels up to 156 dB without distortion when the switchable Preattenuation Pad is engaged. The pad increases the headroom by 20 dB, and prevents the microphone's output level from overloading the transformers used in mixer mic preamps. Without the pad, the maximum SPL without distortion is 136 dB.
Shock Mount: Included with the C214 is the H85 Spider-type Shock Mount. The shock mount isolates the microphone from mechanical vibrations and noise that might be transmitted through the mic stand. The shock mount has a 5/8"-27 thread, and comes with a metal thread adapter, to let you mount it to stands with 3/8"-16 threads.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -34dBV/Pa (20mV)
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: ≥ 1000 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 136dB, 156dB (w/-20dB pad)
- Bass Cut Filter: 160 Hz, 6 dB/octave
- Phantom Power: 12 to 52 volts DC
- Output Connection: XLR male
- Dimensions: 2.188" width, 1.686" depth, 6.272" length
- Weight: 10.2 ounces