About the AKG C451 B
Classic AKG performance
Classic AKG performance
The rugged AKG C451 B condenser microphone can deliver amazingly accurate sound reproduction under less-than-ideal live performance conditions. This small-diaphragm mic is great for drums and percussion. It offers the same sonic performance as AKG's legendary C451 EB + CK1 capsule, a favorite with recording engineers and sound men since 1969.
Accurate sound under extreme conditions
The C451 B features a high overload limit and durable construction designed for rough handling. Its sound pressure level capability of 155dB SPL ensures you can close-mike high-energy sound sources — like drums or amps. And yet it's equally effective with acoustic guitar and strings. AKG's transformerless preamp minimizes distortion. And the mic's switchable high-pass filter effectively gets rid of unwanted rumble and wind noise.
The AKG C451 B comes with its own stand adapter and windscreen, as well as a handy microphone bag.
- small-diaphragm condenser microphone for is great for drum kits
- cardioid polar pattern
- zinc body with nickel finish
- switchable high-pass filter
- 10 dB attenuation switch for handling extremely high sound pressure levels
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- output impedance: 200 ohms
- sensitivity: 9mV/Pa
- max. SPL: 155 dB
- weight: 4.4 oz.
- height: 6-1/4"; diameter: 3/4"
- XLR connector
- requires phantom power (9 to 52V) on your mixer or audio interface
- stand adapter
- microphone bag
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C451 B
What's in the box:
- Stand adapter
- Carry case
- Owner's Manual
- Measured Frequency Response Chart
- Warranty Card.
More details on the AKG C451 B
Features & specs
|Application||For live & studio use|
|Max SPL||155dB SPL|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Overview: The C451B is a rugged, durable condenser microphone, best suited for applications where maximum accuracy, especially sound transients, is crucial, making this mic a great choice for drums, percussion, and acoustic instruments. With an extremely light diaphragm, the C451B is excellent at rejecting handling noise, and an all metal body provides protection from RF interference as well as making it perfect for live applications.
Polar Pattern: The C451B has a cardioid polar pattern, which has maximum sound pickup directly in front of it, slightly less pickup from the sides, and no pickup from the rear of the mic.
Highpass Filter: The C451B has 3-position highpass filter switch with selections being: Off, 75Hz, and 150Hz with a 12dB/Octave slope. Highpass filtering minimizes the proximity effect, caused by sound sources being too close to the mic, as well as low-frequency interference picked up from external sources such as wind, traffic, and heating/cooling systems.
Attenuation Pad: Miking loud sound sources or placing a mic extremely close to an instrument can subject the diaphragm to very high sound pressure levels which may cause audible distortion. To help remedy this, the C451B has a 3-position attenuation switch with 0, -10bB, and -20dB selections. The maximum SPL is 135dB (no pad), 145dB (-10dB pad), and 155dB (-20dB pad).
- Capsule: Condenser
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20kHz ± 1.5dB from published curve
- Sensitivity: 9 mV/Pa / -41 dBV re 1 V/Pa
- Impedance: < 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: > 1000 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: 135dB SPL(0 attenuation), 145dB SPL (10dB attenuation), 155dB SPL (20dB attenuation)
- Attenuation Pad: Switchable to 0, -10, and -20dB
- Dynamic Range: 117dB Max
- Highpass Filter: Switchable to flat or 12dB/octave at 75Hz or 150Hz
- Phantom Power: 9 to 52 volts
- Connector Type: 3-Pin male XLR
- Finish: Satin nickel plated
- Dimensions: Length - 6.375", Diameter - 0.75"
- Weight: 4.4 oz.