About the AKG D112 MKII
A tradition of excellence
A tradition of excellence
Over sixty-five years ago, AKG began making microphones that were quickly embraced for their exceptional quality. Today, AKG's emphasis on continuous innovation keeps them in the forefront of microphone technology. If sound quality is your top priority, AKG microphones can make the difference between a good show and a great show.
Many pro audio professionals call AKG's D112 MKII the best kick drum microphone ever made. AKG engineered this mic to deliver a powerful response below 100 Hz, along with a very narrow peak at 4000 Hz that adds the slap you want to hear. Translation? With this dynamic mic, you'll no longer have to struggle to make the kick drum a forceful presence in the mix – it just works. All you baby Bonhams out there will be impressed that the D112 MKII can handle sound pressure levels up to 160 dB without any distortion. So pound away!
While the D112 MKII was designed with bass instruments in mind (an excellent choice for bass cabinets and trombones), the microphone's dual windscreen makes it well-suited for most wind instruments and vocalists as well.
- designed for kick drum, bass guitar, and other low-frequency instruments
- dynamic microphone
- cardioid pattern for noise rejection and high gain before feedback
- large diaphragm design delivers accurate lows
- handles high SPLs
- frequency response: 20-17,000 Hz
- output impedance: 210 ohms
- maximum SPL: 160 dB
- weight: 0.62 lbs.
- male XLR connector
- stand adapter
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- frequency range: 20-17,000 Hz
- MFR # D112
What's in the box:
- Cardioid dynamic bass drum microphone with integrated swivel stand adapter
- 5/8"-to-3/8" Thread adapter
- Quick User Guide
- Warranty card
- China RoHS declaration
More details on the AKG D112 MKII
Features & specs
|Application||For live & studio use|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The AKG D112 Mk II dynamic cardioid microphone is designed specifically for bass drums, and can also be used for miking electric bass cabinets and trombones. It is capable of handling high SPLs without distortion. The D112 Mk II has an integrated swivel mount with a 5/8"-to-3/8" thread adapter.
Polar Pattern: The D112 Mk II's cardioid polar pattern is more sensitive to sounds directly in front of the element, which reduces the pickup of unwanted sounds from the sides and back.
Integrated Mount Adapter: The D112 Mk II has an integrated stand mount adapter with a 5/8"-27 thread. A metal thread adapter is included to let you mount the mic to stands with 3/8"-16 threads.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 17kHz
- Sensitivity: -55dBV/Pa (1.8mV)
- Impedance: 210 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: ≥ 2000 ohms
- Maximum SPL (for 0.5% THD): 160dB
- Output Connection: XLR male
- Dimensions: 2.753" diameter, 4.646" length
- Weight: 10.6 ounces