About the AKG DMS100
Are you experienced?
Are you experienced?
With over 60 years of audio experience, AKG's expertise with high-quality sound reproduction gives them decades of knowledge to draw upon in designing innovative new products. They've been building digital wireless systems since 1980 so they also have the specialized engineering skills needed to create the hi-res systems needed for today's music.
Sending and receiving
This DMS100 system includes AKG's PT100 bodypack transmitter and SR100 receiver. The lightweight transmitter features a mini-XLR jack which connects to select AKG headset and lavalier mics (sold separately); instruments connect via the included 1/4"-to-mini-XLR instrument cable. The transmitter is powered by two AA batteries (included) which offer up to 12 hours of battery life. The SR100 receiver includes XLR and 1/4" outputs to connect to your PA system and operates using the included AC power adapter. LED indicator lights on the transmitter and receiver show battery status.
How we operate
With 24-bit/48kHz uncompressed sound, you'll preserve your dynamics and enjoy the best possible audio quality. The DMS100 gives you up to 100 feet of broadcast range (line-of-sight). It operates on the 2.4GHz frequency band which offers global, license-free operation. You can operate up to four separate systems simultaneously.In order to do to pair the transmitter and receiver, you simply choose one of the receiver's four channels using the control knob on the front panel and then pressing the transmitter's Pair button for one second.
Now you can enjoy hi-res sound and simplicity of operation in a lightweight, affordable package. Give your music the quality it deserves with the DMS100.
- wireless instrument system with bodypack transmitter and four-channel receiver
- bodypack connects to instrument via included 1/4"-to-mini-XLR cable
- bodypack connects to select AKG microphones (sold separately) via mini-XLR jack
- operating range: 100 feet (line-of-sight)
- transmitter features input gain/trim control
- transmitter and receiver LED indicator lights show battery status
- battery life: up to 12 hours on two AA batteries
- includes power supply, 44" instrument cable (1/4" to mini-XLR), and two AA batteries
- 2.4GHz frequency band for global license-free operation
- receiver XLR and 1/4" outputs
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- receiver: 7-15/16"W x 1-3/4"H x 6-1/2"D
- transmitter: 2-1/2"W x 3-1/8"H x 1-1/8"D
- receiver: 12-1/2 oz.
- transmitter: 3-7/8 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 5100248-00
What's in the box:
- SR100 Wireless receiver
- PT100 Bodypack transmitter w/ attached belt-clip
- 44" Instrument cable (1/4" plug to 3-pin Mini XLR)
- 70" DC Power supply (9VDC / 1.3A output)
- 2 AC Outlet adapters (U.S. / E.U.)
- 2 AA Batteries
- Quickstart guide
- Warranty information
- Compliance information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AKG DMS100
Overview: The AKG DMS100 series digital wireless systems are designed for performers and presenters, combining AKG's signature sound quality along with 4 channels of rock-solid, license-free 2.4GHz operation, advanced security features, extended battery life, and easy-to-use setup and operation. With a wireless range of up to 100', DMS100 systems are ideal for fitness instructors, houses of worship, educators, as well as for small to medium size musical performances, conferences and presentations.
PT100 Bodypack Transmitter: The AKG DMS100BP system includes the PT100 bodypack transmitter along with a 44" instrument cable, for use with an electric guitar, bass guitar, or other instrument using a 1/4" audio output. The PT100 bodypack can also be used with one of AKG's optional headset or clip-on microphones (sold separately), adding to the DMS100BP's versatility. An input gain/trim control inside the battery compartment lets you adjust the optimal signal level for different types of instruments and microphones. The top-mounted Power switch also doubles as the Mute button, if pressed momentarily. The PT100 bodypack transmitter features a built-in 2.4GHz antenna and is powered by 2 AA batteries (included) for up to 12 hours of use.
SR100 Receiver: Operating in the license-free 2.4GHz band, the SR100 Receiver offers a crystal-clear wireless transmission up to approximately 100' with a maximum of 2.9ms of latency. It offers 24-bit/48kHz resolution with a linear frequency response for studio-quality sound. A simple "plug-and-play" push-button pairing procedure with adaptive channel selection make setup easy, letting you select 1 of 4 color-coded Channel IDs provided on the SR100 display. With 4 Channel IDs available, up to four DMS100 systems can be synced and used simultaneously. The SR100 Receiver rear-panel includes both a balanced male XLR socket and an unbalanced 1/4" socket for outputting the signal to an outboard mixer or amplifier (not included). A 2-way Attenuator slide-switch allows selection of either 0 or -30dB (Mic/Line level) for the XLR output. Front-panel indicators and LCD display can provide the following information:
- On/Off Indicator
- Low Battery Indicator
- Audio Clipping Indicator
- RF Signal Indicator
- Channel ID (4 colors)
- Control Knob (volume control / pairing)
Security: The DMS100BP uses built-in advanced AES 256-bit encryption to protect the signal and keep your wireless audio communications private. Security of this type is ideal for corporations and businesses in need of private and secure wireless communications.
Rack Mountable: The SR100 Receiver is designed for table-top use, but can be rack mounted with AKG's optional rack-kit (sold separately).
- Carrier Frequency: Digital 2.4GHz
- Encryption: 256-bit AES
- Working Range: Up to 100'
- Latency: <=2.9ms
- Frequency/Channel Selection: Adaptive channel selection
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/-1dB
- Dynamic Range: 116dB @ 1kHz
- Signal-to-Noise: >90dBA
- Transmitter Batteries: 2 x AA alkaline (included)
- Battery Life: 12 hrs. (approximately)
- Receiver Dimensions: W=7.875", H=1.750", D=6.50"
- Receiver Weight: 0.78 lbs.
- Rack Mountable: Yes (optional kit)
- Receiver Power Supply Output: 9VDC/1.3A output
- Power Supply Input: Universal 100 - 240VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Power Supply Outlet adapters: (2) U.S. and E.U.
- Transmitter Dimensions: W= 2.50", H= 3.125", D=1.125"
- Transmitter Weight (w/ batts): 0.24 lbs.