About the AKG DMS300
High fidelity, high quality
High fidelity, high quality
AKG's 40 years of experience with digital wireless systems gives them the knowledge and expertise to create the hi-res systems you need to present your music at its best. The DMS300 system features 24-bit uncompressed sound, easy-to-read LCD transmitter and receiver displays, and the option of running up to eight systems simultaneously.
This DMS300 system includes AKG's PT300 bodypack transmitter and SR300 receiver. The lightweight transmitter features a mini-XLR jack which connects to select AKG headset and lavalier mics (sold separately); instruments connect via the included 1/4"-to-mini-XLR instrument cable. The transmitter is powered by two AA batteries (included) which offer up to 12 hours of battery life.
The SR300 receiver includes XLR and 1/4" outputs to connect to your PA system and operates using the included AC power adapter. Two removable front-mounted antennas give you reliable reception. A LCD screen on the receiver shows the channel ID number, volume level in dB, and battery status; the transmitter's LCD display shows the channel number and battery status.
24-bit/48kHz uncompressed sound preserves your dynamics and gives you the best possible audio quality. The DMS300 has a broadcast range of up to 100 feet (line-of-sight). It operates on the 2.4GHz frequency band which offers global, license-free operation. You can operate up to eight separate systems simultaneously.
In order to pair the transmitter and receiver, you simply choose one of the receiver's eight channels using the control knob on the front panel, then press the transmitter's Pair button for one second. Up to eight systems can be synced together using standard 6P6C RJ12 phone-type cables.
With hi-res fidelity, versatility, and the quality you expect from AKG, the DMS300 system offers you everything you need to reproduce your music with true 21st-century sound quality.
- wireless instrument system with bodypack transmitter and eight-channel receiver
- bodypack connects to instrument via included 1/4"-to-mini-XLR cable
- bodypack connects to select AKG microphones (sold separately) via mini-XLR jack
- operating range: 100 feet (line-of-sight)
- transmitter features input gain/trim control
- transmitter LCD display shows volume level, channel number, and battery status
- receiver LCD display shows channel number and battery status
- battery life: up to 12 hours on two AA batteries
- includes power supply, 44" instrument cable (1/4" to mini-XLR), and two AA batteries
- 2.4GHz frequency band for global license-free operation
- receiver XLR and 1/4" outputs
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- receiver: 7-15/16"W x 1-3/4"H x 7-3/16"D
- transmitter: 2-1/2"W x 3-1/8"H x 1-1/8"D
- receiver: 14-1/4 oz.
- transmitter: 3-7/8 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 5100253-00
What's in the box:
- SR300 Wireless receiver
- PT300 Bodypack transmitter w/ attached belt-clip
- 44" Instrument cable (1/4" plug to 3-pin Mini XLR)
- Two 4" antennas
- 12" 6P6C Straight-through cable (RJ-12 connectors on both ends)
- 70" DC Power supply (9VDC / 1.3A output)
- 2 AC Outlet adapters (U.S. / E.U.)
- 2 AA Batteries
- Quickstart guide
- Warranty information
- Compliance information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AKG DMS300
Overview: The AKG DMS300 series digital wireless systems are designed for performers and presenters, combining AKG's signature sound quality along with 8 channels of rock-solid, license-free 2.4GHz operation, advanced security features, extended battery life, and easy-to-use setup and operation. With a wireless range of up to 100', DMS300 systems are ideal for fitness instructors, houses of worship, educators, as well as for small to medium size musical performances, conferences and presentations.
PT300 Bodypack Transmitter: The AKG DMS300BP system includes the PT300 bodypack transmitter along with a 44" instrument cable, for use with an electric guitar, bass guitar, or other instrument using a 1/4" audio output. The PT300 bodypack can also be used with one of AKG's optional headset or clip-on microphones (sold separately), adding to the DMS300BP's versatility. An input gain/trim control inside the battery compartment lets you adjust the optimal signal level for different types of instruments and microphones. The top-mounted Power switch also doubles as the Mute button, if pressed momentarily. The PT300 bodypack transmitter features a built-in 2.4GHz antenna and is powered by 2 AA batteries (included) for up to 12 hours of use.
SR300 Receiver: Operating in the license-free 2.4GHz band, the SR300 Receiver offers a crystal-clear wireless transmission up to approximately 100' with a maximum of 2.9ms of latency. It offers 24-bit/48kHz resolution with a linear frequency response for studio-quality sound. A simple "plug-and-play" push-button pairing procedure with adaptive channel selection make setup easy, letting you select 1 of 8 Channel IDs provided on the SR300 display. With 8 Channel IDs available, up to eight DMS300 systems can be synced and used simultaneously. RJ-25 Sync connections on the rear panel allow multiple units to be "daisy-chained" together for simultaneous use. The SR300 Receiver rear-panel also includes both a balanced male XLR socket and an unbalanced 1/4" socket for outputting the signal to an outboard mixer or amplifier (not included). A 2-way Attenuator slide-switch allows selection of either 0 or -30dB (Mic/Line level) for the XLR output. The front-panel includes attachments for the 2 provided antennas, as well as indicators and an LCD display that can provide the following information:
- On/Off Indicator
- Low Battery Indicator
- Remaining Battery Level (LCD display)
- Audio Clipping Indicator
- RF Signal Indicator
- Channel ID Number (LCD display)
- Control Knob (volume control / pairing)
Security: The DMS300HH uses built-in advanced AES 256-bit encryption to protect the signal and keep your wireless audio communications private. Security of this type is ideal for corporations and businesses in need of private and secure wireless communications.
Rack Mountable: The SR300 Receiver is designed for table-top use, but can be rack mounted with AKG's optional rack-kit (sold separately).
- Carrier Frequency: Digital 2.4GHz
- Encryption: 256-bit AES
- Working Range: Up to 100'
- Latency: <=2.9ms
- Frequency/Channel Selection: Adaptive channel selection
- Frequency Response: 70Hz - 20kHz +1/-3dB
- Dynamic Range: 116dB @ 1kHz
- Signal-to-Noise: >90dBA
- Transmitter Batteries: 2 x AA alkaline (included)
- Battery Life: 12 hrs. (approximately)
- Receiver Dimensions: W=7.875", H=1.750"/4.375" (w/ antennas), D=6.50"
- Receiver Weight: 0.89 lbs.
- Rack Mountable: Yes (optional kit)
- Receiver Power Supply Output: 9VDC/1.3A output
- Power Supply Input: Universal 100 - 240VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Power Supply Outlet adapters: (2) U.S. and E.U.
- Transmitter Dimensions: Width=2.50", Height=3.125", Depth=1.125"
- Transmitter Weight (w/ batts): 0.24 lbs.