About the AKG P220
The AKG P220 condenser mic can be a real workhorse in the studio. Its large diaphragm gives lead vocals, acoustic guitar and brass instruments a warm, clear sound. A switchable bass-cut filter minimizes rumble and low-end noise. The P220 can handle sound pressure levels of up to 155 dB, letting you close-mike high-energy sources like drums or amps. And the P220's durable all-metal body means you can count on years of reliable use.
The AKG P220's frequency response makes it well-suited for lead vocals.
- condenser microphone
- designed for vocal and instrumental studio recording
- large 1" diaphragm
- cardioid polar pattern
- all-metal body
- switchable low-frequency filter
- 20 dB attenuation switch for handling extremely high sound pressure levels
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- output impedance: 200 ohms
- max. SPL: 135 dB/155 dB w/pad
- sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa
- 6-1/2" length x 2-1/8" diameter
- weight: 18.5 oz.
- XLR connector
- requires 48-volt phantom power on your mixer or audio interface
- spider shock mount
- aluminum carrying case
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # P220RECMIC
What's in the box:
- Cardioid condenser large diaphragm side-address microphone
- SH100 Spider Shock mount
- Spare elastic band (for shock mount)
- 5/8"-to-3/8" Thread adapter
- Metal case
- User Instructions
- Warranty card
- China RoHS Declaration
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AKG P220
Features & specs
|Application||For live & studio use|
|Max SPL||155 w/Pad|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The AKG P220 Project Studio side-address microphone is a large-diaphragm, true condenser microphone. It is designed to give you a warm and clear sound for recording vocals, acoustic instruments, and brass instruments. It is rugged enough to work well in live performances. The mic comes with a spider shock mount with a thread adapter, and a sturdy aluminum case.
Polar Pattern: The P220 should be mounted in an upright position, with the front of the microphone (marked by the AKG logo) facing toward the sound source. The cardioid polar pattern is more sensitive to sounds directly in front of the element, which reduces the pickup of unwanted sounds from the sides and back.
Bass Cut Filter: The P220 is equipped with a Bass-Cut filter which reduces low-frequency distortion caused by wind noise or air handling equipment. It also minimizes the proximity effect caused by close-miking from 4" or less. The Bass-Cut filter rolls off at 12 dB/octave from 300Hz downward.
Attenuation Pad: The P220 is capable of handling sound pressure levels up to 155 dB without distortion when the switchable Attenuation Pad is engaged. The pad increases the headroom by 20 dB, and prevents the microphone's output level from overloading the transformers used in mixer mic preamps. Without the pad, the maximum SPL without distortion is 135 dB.
Shock Mount: Included with the P220 is the SH100 Spider-type Shock Mount. The shock mount isolates the microphone from mechanical vibrations and noise that might be transmitted through the mic stand. The shock mount has a 5/8"-27 thread, and comes with a metal thread adapter, to let you mount it to stands with 3/8"-16 threads.
- Capsule: 1" true condenser
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -34dBV/Pa (20mV)
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: ≥ 1000 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 135dB, 155dB (w/-20dB pad)
- Bass Cut Filter: 300 Hz, 12dB/octave
- Phantom Power: +48V +/-4V
- Output Connection: XLR male
- Dimensions: 2.13" diameter, 6.544" length
- Weight: 18.7 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?