About the AKG Perception P5 S
Made for live vocals
The AKG Perception P5 S dynamic mic lets your lead singer be the star. It features a supercardioid polar pattern that maximizes the gain before feedback, so his or her voice can easily cut through the mix. This handheld mic's rugged metal body and wire mesh grille stand up to rough handling. Its frequency response is tailored to the human voice, and its internal windscreen keeps breath noise to a minimum. An on/off switch means you can turn off the P5 S entirely when it's not in use, preventing extraneous noise from getting into the mix.
- handheld dynamic microphone for lead vocals
- supercardioid polar pattern
- metal body with wire mesh grille
- on/off switch
- frequency response: 40-20,000 Hz
- output impedance: 2,000 ohms
- sensitivity: 2.5mV/Pa
- max. SPL: 144 dB
- 6-1/2" length x 2" diameter
- weight: 7 oz.
- XLR connector
- zipper bag
- stand adapter
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # P5 S
What's in the box:
- Supercardioid dynamic vocal microphone
- SA45 Stand adapter
- 5/8"-to-3/8" Thread adapter (installed)
- Zippered storage pouch
- User Instructions
- Warranty card
- Microphone Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AKG Perception P5 S
Features & specs
|Application||For live use|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The AKG Perception P5S Supercardioid Dynamic vocal microphone is designed for live vocal performances. Its all-metal construction can withstand the rigors of live performance for years. The mic comes with a stand adapter, a thread adapter, and a zippered storage pouch.
Polar Pattern: The P5S has a supercardioid polar pattern that is more sensitive to sounds directly in front of the element. This pattern helps control feedback, and reduces the pickup of unwanted sounds from the sides and back.
On/Off Switch: The Perception P5S is equipped with an on/off switch, which allows you to control the microphone while on stage.
Stand Mounting: Included with the P5S is a stand adapter, which tilts approximately 140°. The clamp has 5/8"-27 threads, and comes with a metal thread adapter, so you can mount it to stands with 3/8"-16 threads.
- Frequency Response: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: 2.5mV/Pa
- Impedance: 580 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: ≥ 2000 ohms
- Output Connection: XLR male
- Dimensions: 2.008" diameter, 7.497" length
- Weight: 11.29 ounces