About the JBL 104-BT
Compact desktop monitors with Bluetooth
Compact desktop monitors with Bluetooth
This pair of compact JBL 104-BT monitors is perfect for a small studio or desktop recording setup. Each speaker features a 4-1/2" woofer with a coaxially mounted 3/4" soft dome tweeter, and a rear-firing contoured low-frequency port. A 120° x 60° dispersion pattern allows immersive near-field monitoring, and you can plug a set of headphones into the front-panel 3.5mm output jack.
The addition of Bluetooth to the 104 series lets engineers and producers assess a mix in real-world listening conditions.
Inputs and outputs
An unbalanced stereo RCA input on the back of the active speaker allows you to connect to a mixer or similar component, and you get a set of balanced 1/4" TRS inputs, too. The active speaker and passive speaker are connected by an included 6.5-foot speaker wire. On the front panel, next to the headphone jack, is a 3.5mm input so you can connect your mobile device.
- frequency response: 88-20,000 Hz (-3dB)
- built-in 60-watt Class D amplifier distributes 30 watts to each speaker
- Bluetooth® 5.0 built-in
- each speaker:
- 4-1/2" low-frequency driver
- 3/4" soft dome high-frequency driver
- rear-firing contoured low-frequency port
- 120° x 60° coverage
- peak SPL: 102 dB
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- front panel of master speaker:
- input selector: Aux, RCA, TRS or All
- 3.5mm aux input
- volume control
- 3.5mm headphone output with speaker mute function
- rear panel of master speaker:
- unbalanced RCA stereo input (3.5mm to RCA cable included)
- stereo 1/4" TRS inputs
- spring clips for connecting active and passive speakers (6.5 -foot speaker wire included)
Dimensions and warranty:
- 6-1/16"W x 9-3/4"H x 4-15/16"D
- weight: 4.54 lbs. (active monitor) , 3.81 lbs. (passive monitor)
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 104-BT (B)
What's in the box:
- 2 Monitor speakers (black)
- 69" Power cord (C7 unpolarized)
- 59" 3.5mm stereo jack to dual RCA cable
- 79" Speaker wire (bare-ended / 14 AWG)
- Quick setup guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL 104-BT
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||4.5|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||0.75|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Full range Driver size||N/A|
|Built in amplifier||Y|
|RMS Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||30W x 2|
|Inputs||(2) 1/4" TRS|
|Parts warranty||5 Years|
|Labor warranty||5 Years|
|Maximum Peak SPL||104|
Overview: The JBL 104-BT Reference Monitors are designed to deliver crisp highs and rich bass with vivid detail and no coloration. Powered with a built-in 60W amplifier (30W for each monitor), the 104-BTs are optimized for desktop placement, offering a smooth off-axis response and a wide sweet spot.
Bluetooth: The 104-BTs feature built-in Bluetooth (5.0) audio streaming, letting you check your mixes over Bluetooth to ensure they translate well to common listening scenarios.
- Note: The Bluetooth feature is for audio streaming only, hands-free phone calls not supported.
Enclosure: Both JBL Reference Monitors feature a coaxially mounted 4.5" woofer and a 3/4" soft-dome tweeter housed in ported, compact enclosure that can deliver accurate frequency response, exceptional detail, and impressive off-axis performance. The enclosure's low-frequency port, in conjunction with the woofer driver, can deliver tight, punchy bass at a wide range of listening levels, without the need for a subwoofer.
Amplifier: The JBL 104-BT monitor set features an integrated 60 watt Class-D amplifier, delivering 30 watts to each speaker. The amplifier is housed in one speaker (Master Monitor) and includes an Extension Output set of spring-clip terminals for connecting and powering the second speaker (Extension Monitor).
Sleep Mode: The Sleep Mode feature allows the Reference Monitors to automatically go to "sleep" after about 20 minutes without receiving an input signal. If the speakers enter Sleep Mode while connected to a Bluetooth device, they can be "woken up" by Bluetooth audio playback from that device.
Inputs/Outputs: The Extension Monitor includes a single set of spring-clip terminals for attaching speaker wire from the Master Monitor. All signal connections to the speaker pair are made at the Master Monitor which includes the following:
- Front Panel:
- Aux-Input: An 1/8" stereo input is provided for connecting a smartphone or portable media player directly to the front panel.
- Headphone: An 1/8" stereo headphone output is included. When a jack is plugged in to the headphone output, sound from both speakers will be muted.
- Bluetooth LED: Flashes during Pairing mode and will light solid when a Bluetooth connection is made.
- Input Select: A 5-position rotary dial lets you select the input source, with choices of; Bluetooth, Aux, RCA, TRS, and All. This allows all input signals to be played back simultaneously.
- Volume: A front-panel rotary control adjusts the volume level for both monitors.
- Rear Panel:
- RCA: A pair of unbalanced stereo RCAs is provided for pre-amp level audio signals.
- 1/4": Two balanced 1/4" input jacks, Left & Right, can be used for running line-level signals into the monitors.
- Extension Output: A pair of spring-clip terminals provides the output signal to the Extension Monitor.
- AC Power socket: Housed on the Master Monitor.
- Power button
- Power: 60 Watts (30W x 2), Class-D
- LF Driver: 4.5"
- HF Driver: 0.75" Soft dome
- Enclosure: Ported
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 88Hz - 20kHz
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 60Hz - 20kHz
- Maximum SPL: 104dB
- Sensitivity: 87dB SPL @1M with -10dBV Aux-in (volume at maximum)
- Crossover Frequency: 1725Hz, 1st order
- Audio Inputs: 1/8" Stereo Aux, RCA, (2) 1/4" balanced TRS, Bluetooth
- Audio Outputs: 1/8" Stereo headphones
- Impedance: 8Ω
- Cabinet Tuning Frequency: 72Hz
- System Distortion: <10% THD at maximum output with full limiter/compressor engaged
- Electrical Distortion: <1% THD @ 1kHz, full rated output
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 75dBA (A-weighted), 70dBr (unweighted), relative to 2.83 VRMS output on HF
- Coverage Area: 120˚ H x 60˚ V
- Enclosure Material: ABS, metal grille
- Enclosure Finish: Matte acrylic paint (white/black)
- AC Input Voltage: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Current Draw: 80W
- Dimensions: Width - 6.125", Height - 9.750", Depth = 5.45" (Master) / 5.0" (Extension)
- Weight: 4.54 lbs. (Master) / 3.81 lbs. (Extension)