Overview: The JBL 305P MkII powered speakers are compact studio
monitors featuring patented technologies derived from the JBL 7 Series and M2
Master Reference Monitors. Featuring JBL's Image Control Waveguide and refined
transducers, the 305P MkII offers stunning detail, precise imaging, a wide
sweet-spot, and impressive dynamic range. The MkII is comprised of a 5"
long-throw woofer, that uses JBL's patented Slip Stream low-frequency port, and
a woven-composite 1" Neodymium tweeter for detailed highs. Each driver is
powered by its own 41 watt Class D amplifier giving the monitor 82 watts of
total power handling.
Image Control Waveguide: The 305P MkII can give impressive detail and
depth thanks to JBL's Image Control Waveguide technology. Originally developed
for JBL's flagship M2 Master Reference Monitor, this innovation ensures a
seamless transition between the low- and high-frequency transducers providing an
immersive soundstage with precise imaging. This results in a broad sweet-spot
and a neutral frequency response.
Reliability: JBL studio monitors are designed for reliability, even
when projects push your gear to the limit, and must first pass JBL's strenuous
Power Test. Each model is required to perform flawlessly at maximum volume for
100 hours without failure.
Inputs: The 305P MkII includes a female XLR jack and a 1/4" TRS jack,
both balanced, that can accommodate signals ranging from consumer-level
electronics to instrument-level. A rear-panel Input Sensitivity switch sets the
sensitivity range with options being +4 dBu (instrument level) and -10 dBu
Boundary EQ: This rear-panel switch is used to compensate for low
frequency boost that may occur when speakers are placed in close proximity to
walls or corners. This setting provides an attenuation shelf at 50 Hz with
options being: 0 dB, -1.5 dB, and -3 dB.
HF Trim: This rear-panel switch allows boost or attenuation of high
frequencies at 4.4 kHz with options being: -2 dB, 0, and +2 dB.
- Frequency Range (-10 dBV): 43 Hz - 24 kHz
- Crossover: 1.725 kHz, 4th order Acoustic Linkwitz-Riley
- Maximum Continuous SPL: 94 dB
- Maximum Peak SPL: 108 dB
- Input Connectors: 1 x XLR, 1 x TRS (both balanced)
- Input Sensitivity (-10 dBV input): 92 dB/ 1 m
- HF Driver Amp: 41 W Class-D
- LF Driver Amp: 41 W Class-D
- HF Trim Control: HF shelf @ 4.4 kHz, +2 dB, 0 dB, -2 dB
- Boundary EQ: LF shelf @ 50 Hz, -3 dB, -1.5 dB, 0 dB
- AC Input Voltage: 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Enclosure Material: 15 mm MDF
- Enclosure Finish: Matte black PVC
- Baffle Construction: Injection-molded structural ABS
- Dimensions: Width - 7.313", Height - 11.750", Depth - 12.0" (w/
power cord plugged in)
- Weight: 10.43 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.