About the JBL 305P MkII
History meets innovation
The JBL 305P MkII studio monitor features a bi-amped design for excellent power and performance.
History meets innovation
JBL approached the design of the 305P MkII with new ears, but they built the monitors on solid, proven technology. Each speaker matches a 5" long-throw woofer with a 1" damped soft dome tweeter to reproduce powerful transients and subtle dynamics in your mix.
JBL's Image Control Wave Guide offers detailed imaging and an expanded sweet spot that will please your ears. The patented Slip Stream™ bass port uses a double-flared shape for greater low-frequency extension and less internal turbulence.
Built to deliver accurate sound...
Separate 41-watt Class D amplifiers drive the woofer and tweeter, so highs, mids and lows are delivered with dynamic accuracy for even the most demanding production styles. Durable balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS connectors ensure that pure, high-quality signal flows from the source to your ears.
...and built to last
Quality materials and sturdy craftsmanship alone aren't enough for the engineers at JBL. Before each speaker leaves the factory it must pass a torture test: playing at full output for 100 hours without failure. And each is backed by a five-year warranty. Rest assured: your JBL monitors will deliver years of reliable, responsive performance.
You're in charge of what you hear
In your studio, you're the boss. The 305P allows you to fine-tune the sound to fit your room's acoustics and your personal preferences. Boost or cut frequency response as needed with separate three-position low- and high-frequency trim switches. A two-position input sensitivity switch ensures compatibility with a broad range of signal sources, allowing you to connect high-output professional gear without any danger of input overload.
It's your mix. JBL has gone to great lengths to make sure you hear what you need to hear when you're sitting in the sweet spot.
- frequency response: 49-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- separate 41-watt Class D amps power woofer and tweeter in bi-amped design (82 watts total)
- 5" long-throw woofer
- 1" soft dome tweeter
- JBL's patented Slip Stream™ low frequency port design
- 120° x 90° coverage
- peak SPL: 108 dB
- -10 dB/+4 dB input sensitivity switch ensures compatibility with a broad range of signal sources
- low-frequency trim switch (+2 dB, 0, -2 dB)
- high-frequency trim switch (+2 dB, 0, -2 dB)
- balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs
- 7-5/16"W x 11-3/4"H x 9-1/8"D
- weight: 10.43 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 305P MKII
What's in the box:
- One powered monitor
- 60" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Four adhesive rubber foot-pads
- Quickstart guide (Eng / Span / Fren / Germ)
More details on the JBL 305P MkII
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||5"|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1"|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Full range Driver size||N/A|
|Built in amplifier||Y|
|RMS Power rating||Not given|
|Peak Power rating||82 Watts|
|Inputs||(1) Balanced 1/4" TRS|
|Parts warranty||5 Years|
|Labor warranty||5 Years|
|Maximum Peak SPL||108 dB|
Overview: The JBL 305P MkII powered speakers are compact studio monitors featuring patented technologies derived from the JBL 7 Series and M2 Master Reference Monitors. Featuring JBL's Image Control Waveguide and refined transducers, the 305P MkII offers stunning detail, precise imaging, a wide sweet-spot, and impressive dynamic range. The MkII is comprised of a 5" long-throw woofer, that uses JBL's patented Slip Stream low-frequency port, and a woven-composite 1" Neodymium tweeter for detailed highs. Each driver is powered by its own 41 watt Class D amplifier giving the monitor 82 watts of total power handling.
Image Control Waveguide: The 305P MkII can give impressive detail and depth thanks to JBL's Image Control Waveguide technology. Originally developed for JBL's flagship M2 Master Reference Monitor, this innovation ensures a seamless transition between the low- and high-frequency transducers providing an immersive soundstage with precise imaging. This results in a broad sweet-spot and a neutral frequency response.
Reliability: JBL studio monitors are designed for reliability, even when projects push your gear to the limit, and must first pass JBL's strenuous Power Test. Each model is required to perform flawlessly at maximum volume for 100 hours without failure.
Inputs: The 305P MkII includes a female XLR jack and a 1/4" TRS jack, both balanced, that can accommodate signals ranging from consumer-level electronics to instrument-level. A rear-panel Input Sensitivity switch sets the sensitivity range with options being +4 dBu (instrument level) and -10 dBu (line-level).
Boundary EQ: This rear-panel switch is used to compensate for low frequency boost that may occur when speakers are placed in close proximity to walls or corners. This setting provides an attenuation shelf at 50 Hz with options being: 0 dB, -1.5 dB, and -3 dB.
HF Trim: This rear-panel switch allows boost or attenuation of high frequencies at 4.4 kHz with options being: -2 dB, 0, and +2 dB.
- Frequency Range (-10 dBV): 43 Hz - 24 kHz
- Crossover: 1.725 kHz, 4th order Acoustic Linkwitz-Riley
- Maximum Continuous SPL: 94 dB
- Maximum Peak SPL: 108 dB
- Input Connectors: 1 x XLR, 1 x TRS (both balanced)
- Input Sensitivity (-10 dBV input): 92 dB/ 1 m
- HF: 1"
- LF: 5"
- HF Driver Amp: 41 W Class-D
- LF Driver Amp: 41 W Class-D
- HF Trim Control: HF shelf @ 4.4 kHz, +2 dB, 0 dB, -2 dB
- Boundary EQ: LF shelf @ 50 Hz, -3 dB, -1.5 dB, 0 dB
- AC Input Voltage: 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Enclosure Material: 15 mm MDF
- Enclosure Finish: Matte black PVC
- Baffle Construction: Injection-molded structural ABS
- Dimensions: Width - 7.313", Height - 11.750", Depth - 12.0" (w/ power cord plugged in)
- Weight: 10.43 lbs.
1 question already asked