About the JBL Control® 128WT
An in-wall speaker that's all business
Standard in-wall speakers are great for backgroud music or a casual movie night at home. But if you want to fill your place of business with high-quality sound, a pair of JBL Control 128WT speakers can provide the flexibility and bass response you need. They feature multi-tap transformers for use with 70-volt or 100-volt audio systems. The 8" woofer with butyl rubber surround and aimable 1" titanium tweeter dish out clear sound and are built to last.
- 8" polymer-coated aluminum woofer with butyl rubber surround
- aimable 1" titanium dome tweeter
- EOS™ (Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal) waveguide for low distortion and smooth frequency response
- handles up to 120 watts program power
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- frequency response: 30-20,000 Hz (-10 dB)
- multi-tap transformer for 70V or 100V systems
- 70V taps: 6, 12, 25 and 50 watts
- 100V taps: 12, 25 and 50 watts
- does not have 8-ohm bypass, must be used with 70/100-volt amplifiers
- paintable grilles included
- step-by-step mounting instructions included
- 11-15/16" x 8-15/16" cutout recommended
- 10-1/8"W x 13-1/8"H x 4-5/16"D
- weight: 7.2 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CONTROL 128WT
What's in the box:
- 2 In-wall speakers w/ installed grilles
- Cardboard template/paint shield
- Installation Manual
- Manual Addendum
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Control® 128WT
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|System Frequency response||30-20k|
|Maximum SPL||Not given|
|Peak Power rating||N/A|
Control Contractor Series In-Wall Speaker: The JBL Control 128WT is a premium in-wall speaker within the JBL Professional Control® Contractor line designed for applications such as foreground music, boardrooms, reception areas, airports, convention centers, cruise ships, retail outlets, restaurants, museums, surround locations, or any critical listening application where top performance from a loudspeaker with minimal visual impact is required
Note: All JBL Control Contractor loudspeakers (both ceiling speakers and surface-mount models) are designed with a similar sonic signature, allowing for mixing and matching of the various models within an application, providing a similar tonal character throughout the entire listening area.
Two-Way Coaxial Design: The Control 128WT contains a 1" pure titanium tweeter and an 8" woofer that provide high-fidelity sound over an extremely wide coverage area.
- 1" Pure Titanium Tweeter: The 1" pure titanium dome tweeter is loaded with a built-in EOS (Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal) waveguide for low distortion and a smooth frequency response. A low-diffraction swivel mounting system enables you to direct high frequencies where required without the diffraction distortion inherent in other aimable tweeter designs.
- 8" Polymer-Coated Aluminum Woofer: The high-performance 6.5" woofer features a polymer-coated aluminum cone for high performance down to the 38 Hz and pure butyl rubber surround for long-life and high reliability along with extended pole-piece magnet design for long excursion and tight, low bass.
2nd Order Crossover: The Control 128WT in-ceiling speaker utilizes a 2nd order (12 dB/oct) Low Pass crossover for the woofer and 2nd order (12 dB/oct) High Pass crossover for the tweeter. This high-slope crossover network maintains natural midrange sound and produces more even coverage throughout the listening area.
70V/100V Compatible: The Control 128WT includes a 50W multi-tap transformer for use in both 70V and 100V distributed-line systems. Tap settings include:
- 70V: 6W, 12W, 25W, and 50W.
- 100V: 12W, 25W, and 50W.
Screw-Down Connectors: There are individual screw-down speaker terminals for each tap setting. Use speaker wire between 18 and 14 gauge. A handy legend is provided next to the wiring terminals for easy tap-voltage identification.
Cutout Dimensions: The speaker fits into the wall space of ordinary stud-wall construction (maximum wall thickness of 1.25"). It requires a cutout of 8.625" wide x 11.625" high x 4.0" deep (minimum).
Optimum Air Cavity: The Control 128WT is designed to function over a wide span of rear air cavity sizes within the wall. The optimum air cavity (sometimes called "loading volume") for fullest low frequency performance is between 40 to 80 liters (1.4 to 2.8 cu ft). In a wall with studs located 16" on-center, this approximately equals a 46" to 92" high space. It is recommended that the air cavity behind the speaker be sealed by the use of silicone sealant or similar material to help create an air-tight seal and minimize wall noise.
Paintable: The speaker trim and grille are paintable to match any decor. A paint shield is provided for covering the drivers while painting the rim.