JBL Control® 14C/T
4" commercial in-ceiling speaker
Our take on the JBL Control® 14C/T by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
A versatile in-ceiling speaker that's all business
This in-ceiling speaker has 8-ohm nominal impedance, so you can use a pair with a standard home audio receiver or amplifier. But if you want to fill a large commercial space with sound using many speakers, the JBL Control 14C/T's multi-tap provides the extra flexibility you need. The 4" woofer with butyl rubber surround and 3/4" soft dome tweeter dish out clear sound and are built to last.
Get a free system design
- coaxially mounted 4" woofer with butyl rubber surround and 3/4" soft dome tweeter
- handles up to 60 watts continuous program power
- 120° conical coverage
- frequency response: 100-20,000 Hz (± 3 dB)
- maximum SPL: 108 dB
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- 8 ohm nominal impedance
- multi-tap transformer for 70V or 100V systems
- 3.2, 6.3, 12.5 and 25 watt taps
- zinc-plated steel back enclosure
- paintable press-in grille
- step-by-step mounting instructions included
- 6-3/4" cutout diameter
- 7-1/8" mounting depth
- weight: 4.8 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 In-ceiling speakers
- 2 Grills
- 2 C-ring support backing plates
- Two 4-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors (installed on speakers)
- Four 26" Support rails
- 2 Clear plastic paint shields
- Four 1/2" Phillips-head screws
- 2 Cardboard cutout-templates (attached to speakers)
- Owner's guide
- Spec sheet
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||0.75|
|System Frequency response||74-20,000|
|Maximum SPL||102 dB|
|Power rating||60 Watts|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The JBL Control 14 C/T is a 70/100 volt, full-range, ceiling speaker made up of a 4" cone driver and a 3/4" soft-domed, liquid-cooled tweeter mounted in a vented, paintable baffle with an attached blindmount backcan. It features multiple tap settings with the highest at 25 watts power for both 70 and 100 volts. It also has an 8Ω bypass mode. The speaker is designed to provide excellent sound quality for a wide variety of medium to high volume applications such as cafes, business music systems, airports, retail stores, hotels, and more. With 120˚ of conical coverage, the speaker delivers consistent sound quality and a smooth frequency response for listeners both on and off axis. The speaker's exposed baffle is made of paintable ABS, with UL94-V0 and UL94-5VB flame class fire ratings, and the backcan is made of zinc-plated steel.
Two-Way Coaxial Design: The Control 14 C/T contains a coaxially mounted 4" woofer and 3/4" tweeter providing high-fidelity sound over an extremely wide coverage area.
- 4" Polypropylene Woofer: The 4" woofer features a polypropylene cone and pure butyl rubber surround for long life, even in high humidity and wet environments. An aluminum voice coil former provides extra cooling for greater long-term power handling.
- 3/4" Tweeter: The coaxially mounted 3/4" treated silk-dome tweeter features a lightweight Kapton voice coil and low-viscosity liquid cooling for power handling and reliability. A wide dispersion waveguide design provides a wide coverage area and smooth frequency response.
70V/100V Compatible: The Control 14 C/T includes a 25 watt multi-tap transformer for use in either 70V or 100V distributed-line systems. Taps are selected with a rotary switch conveniently located on the front panel, but protected under the grille, so that the speaker does not have to be removed to adjust tap settings.
- 70V Taps: 25W, 12.5W, 6.3W, 3.2W
- 100V Taps: 25W, 12.5W, 6.3W
Removable Locking Connector: Input connection is conveniently provided on a removable Euroblock connector (included), providing secure connection via screw-down terminals and allowing a system to be pre-wired before installing the speaker for fast snap-on convenience. Speaker connector terminals are available for the input and for the loop-through wires, making it easy to jumper the speaker signal to additional speakers. The input terminal plate provides strain relief for either bare wires, plenum cables, or conduits. The terminal box is securely enclosed to meet safety codes.
Mounting Options: The loudspeakers are packaged complete with the backcan, grille, support backing bracket, and tile rails. The entire installation can be accomplished without requiring access above the ceiling. A template is provided for marking the cutout and an innovative C-shaped support backing plate can be installed from below through the cutout to reinforce the top of the ceiling material. Tile bridge rails are included which can be screwed onto the C-plate to extend support to the T-channel grid in suspended ceiling installations. After the speaker is fitted through the cutout, it is held securely in place via three mounting tabs which tighten onto the C-plate, if used, or directly onto the ceiling material.
- Frame Diameter: 7.72"
- Cutout Diameter: 6.7"
- Mounting Depth: 7.24"
Paintable: The speaker trim and grille are paintable to match any decor. A paint shield is provided for covering the drivers while painting the rim.
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 74 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (+/-3 dB): 100 Hz - 15 kHz
- Power Capacity (at low-Z): 60 Watts continuous program power, 30 Watts continuous pink noise
- Nominal Sensitivity: 87 dB
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 120˚ conical coverage
- Maximum SPL: 102 dB average, 108 dB peak
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω (Tap set for 8Ω bypass)
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 Volt: 3.2 W, 6.3 W, 12.5 W, and 25 W
- 100 Volt: 6.3 W, 12.5 W, and 25 W
- Crossover Network: 12 dB/Oct low-pass for LF driver, 12 dB/Oct high-pass for HF driver
- LF Driver: 4"
- HF Driver: 3/4"
- Input Connector: Removable 4-pin Euroblock connector with screw-down terminals. Max wire size 12 AWG. + / - terminals for input and + / - terminals for Loop Thru
- Strain Relief: Coupled clamping mechanism
- Materials: ABS baffle with UL94-V0 and UL94-5VB flame class fire rating, zinc-plated steel backcan
- Safety: UL1480, UL2043, NFPA90 and NFPA70, S7232/UL listed, suitable for use in air handling spaces, signaling speaker, Transformer UL registered per UL1876, ROHS, C-tick N108, CE compliant, baffle meets UL94-V0 and UL94-5VB flammability rating in accordance with IEC60849/EN60849 systems.
- Seismic Safety Attachment: One point on top surface
- Dimensions: Diameter - 7.72", Depth - 7.24"
- Net Weight: 4.8 lbs. (each speaker)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
JBL Control® 14C/T
4" commercial in-ceiling speaker$186.00 pair
6" in-ceiling 2-way speaker for distributed audio systems
JBL Control® 24C/T
4" commercial in-ceiling speakers
8" 2-way surface-mount commercial speakers$508.00 pair