About the JBL Control® 16C/T
A versatile in-ceiling speaker that sounds great
A versatile in-ceiling speaker that sounds great
This in-ceiling speaker has 8-ohm nominal impedance, so you can use a pair with a standard home audio receiver or amplifier. But if you want to fill a large commercial space with sound using many speakers, the JBL Control 16C/T's multi-tap provides the extra flexibility you need. The 6-1/2" woofer with butyl rubber surround and 3/4" soft dome tweeter dish out clear sound and are built to last.
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
- coaxially mounted 6-1/2" woofer with butyl rubber surround and 3/4" soft dome tweeter
- handles up to 100 watts continuous program power
- 110° conical coverage
- frequency response: 96-15,000 Hz (± 3 dB)
- maximum SPL: 116 dB
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- 8 ohm nominal impedance
- multi-tap transformer for 70V or 100V systems
- 3.8, 7.5, 15 and 30 watt taps
- zinc-plated steel back enclosure
- paintable press-in grille
- step-by-step mounting instructions included
- 8-13/16" cutout diameter
- 8-13/16" mounting depth
- weight: 7.4 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CONTROL 16C/T
What's in the box:
- 2 In-ceiling speakers (white)
- 2 Grilles
- 2 C-ring support backing plates
- Two 4-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors (installed)
- Four 26" Support rails
- 2 Clear plastic paint shields (installed on face of speakers)
- Four 1/2" Phillips-head screws
- 2 Cardboard cutout templates (attached to speakers)
- Owner's guide
- Spec sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Control® 16C/T
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||0.75|
|System Frequency response||62-20,000|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The JBL Control 16 C/T is a 70/100 volt, full-range, in-ceiling speaker made up of a 6-1/2" cone driver and a 3/4" soft-domed, liquid-cooled tweeter mounted in a vented, paintable baffle with an attached blindmount backcan. The Control 16C/T features multiple tap settings up to 30 Watts for both 70 and 100 volt applications, and includes an 8Ω bypass. The speaker is designed to provide excellent sound quality for a wide variety of medium to high volume applications such as cafes, business music systems, airports, retail stores, hotels, and more. With 110˚ of conical coverage, the speaker delivers consistent sound quality and a smooth frequency response for listeners both on and off axis. The speaker's exposed baffle is made of paintable ABS, with UL94-V0 and UL94-5VB flame class fire ratings. The backcan is made of zinc-plated steel.
Two-Way Coaxial Design: The Control 16C/T features a coaxially mounted 6-1/2" woofer and 3/4" tweeter providing high-fidelity sound over an extremely wide coverage area.
- 6-1/2" Polypropylene Woofer: The 6-1/2" woofer features a polypropylene cone and pure butyl rubber surround for long life, even in high humidity and wet environments. An aluminum voice coil former provides extra cooling for greater long-term power handling.
- 3/4" Tweeter: The coaxially mounted 3/4" treated silk-dome tweeter features a lightweight Kapton voice coil and low-viscosity liquid cooling for power handling and reliability. A wide dispersion waveguide design provides a wide coverage area and smooth frequency response.
70V/100V Compatible: The Control 16 C/T includes a built-in 30W multi-tap transformer for use in either 70V or 100V distributed-line systems. Taps settings are selected using a conveniently located front panel rotary-switch that's protected by the grille. This allows tap settings to be made without removing the entire speaker.
- 70V Taps: 30W, 15W, 7.5W, 3.8W
- 100V Taps: 30W, 15W, 7.5W
Removable Locking Connector: Input connection is conveniently provided on a removable Euroblock connector (included), providing a secure connection via screw-terminals. This allows a system to be pre-wired before installing the speaker, providing fast snap-on convenience. Speaker connector terminals are provided for the Input and for the loop-through Output, making it easy to jumper the speaker signal to additional speakers. An input terminal plate provides strain relief for bare wires, plenum cables, or conduits. The terminal box is securely enclosed to meet safety codes.
Mounting Options: The Control 16 C/T loudspeakers are packaged complete with backcans, grilles, backing plates, and tile rails. The entire installation can be accomplished without requiring access above the ceiling. A template is provided for marking the cutout and an innovative C-ring support backing plate can be installed through the cutout to reinforce the top of the ceiling material. Tile bridge rails are included for suspended ceiling installations. The in-ceiling speaker is held securely in place via four mounting tabs which tighten onto the C-ring support, if used, or directly onto the ceiling material.
- Frame Diameter: 10.0"
- Cutout Diameter: 8.8"
- Mounting Depth: 8.95"
Paintable: The speaker trim and grille are paintable to match any decor. A paint shield is provided for covering the drivers while painting the rim.
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 62Hz - 20kHz
- Frequency Response (+/-3 dB): 96Hz - 15kHz
- Power Capacity (at low-Z): 100W continuous program power, 50W continuous pink noise
- Nominal Sensitivity: 91dB
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 110˚ conical coverage
- Maximum SPL: 108dB average, 116dB peak
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω (Tap set for 8Ω bypass)
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 Volt: 3.8W, 7.5W, 15W, and 30 W
- 100 Volt: 7.5W, 15W, and 30W
- Crossover Network: 12dB/Oct low-pass for LF driver, 12dB/Oct high-pass for HF driver
- LF Driver: 6.5"
- HF Driver: 3/4"
- Input Connector: Removable 4-pin Euroblock connector with screw-down terminals. Max wire size 12 AWG. + / - terminals for input and + / - terminals for Loop Thru
- Strain Relief: Coupled clamping mechanism
- Materials: ABS baffle with UL94-V0 and UL94-5VB flame class fire rating, zinc-plated steel backcan
- Safety: UL1480, UL2043, NFPA90 and NFPA70, S7232/UL listed, suitable for use in air handling spaces, signaling speaker, Transformer UL registered per UL1876, ROHS, C-tick N108, CE compliant, baffle meets UL94-V0 and UL94-5VB flammability rating in accordance with IEC60849/EN60849 systems.
- Seismic Safety Attachment: Single point on top of backcan
- Dimensions: Diameter = 10.0", Depth = 8.95"
- Net Weight: 7.4 lbs. (each speaker)
1 question already asked