About the JBL Control® 24CT Micro
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Compact in-ceiling speakers
JBL Control 24CT Micro speakers are compact and relatively shallow, so you can mount them in ceilings that might not accommodate a larger speaker. Each features a 4-1/2" injection molded graphite cone woofer with butyl rubber surround and 1/2" polycarbonate tweeter for clear, audible background music and announcements in your place of business. A built-in power tap lets you incorporate multiple speakers into a 70-volt commercial audio system.
Product highlights (each):
- 4-1/2" injection molded graphite cone woofer with butyl rubber surround
- 1/2" polycarbonate tweeter
- handle up to 30 watts continuous program power
- wide 150° conical dispersion
- frequency response: 85-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- 70V taps at .5, 1, 2, 4 and 9 watts
- 100V taps at 1, 2, 4 and 9 watts
- formed steel back enclosure
- includes supporting brackets and 2 tile rails
- step-by-step mounting instructions included
Dimensions and warranty:
- 6-5/8" cutout diameter
- 4-1/8" mounting depth
- weight: 4.4 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CONTROL 24CT MICRO
What's in the box:
- 2 In-ceiling speakers
- 2 Grills
- 2 C-ring support backing plates
- 2 Connector cover-plates (installed on speakers)
- Four 26" Support rails
- 2 Clear plastic paint shields
- Four 1/2" Phillips-head screws
- 2 Cable strain-relief clips
- 2 Cardboard cutout-templates
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Control® 24CT Micro
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4.5|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||0.5|
|System Frequency response||85-25k|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The JBL Control 24CT is a 70/100 volt, full-range, ceiling speaker made up of a 4-1/2" cone driver and a 1/2" polycarbonate tweeter mounted in a vented, paintable baffle with an attached blindmount backcan. It features multiple tap settings with the highest at 9 watts power for both 70 and 100 volts. The speaker is designed to provide excellent sound quality for both background music and music-plus-paging applications such as cafes, business music systems, retail stores, hotels, and more. With 150˚ of conical coverage, the speaker delivers consistent sound quality and a smooth frequency response for listeners both on and off axis. The speaker's exposed baffle is made of paintable medium impact polystyrene, with a UL94-V-0 flame class fire rating, and the backcan is made of formed steel.
Two-Way Coaxial Design: The Control 24CT contains a coaxially mounted 4-1/2" woofer and 1/2" tweeter providing high-fidelity sound over an extremely wide coverage area.
- 4-1/2" Woofer: The 4-1/2" woofer features an injection molded graphite cone and pure butyl rubber surround for long life, even in high humidity and wet environments.
- 1/2" Tweeter: The 1/2" polycarbonate tweeter provides a wide dispersion coverage area and a smooth frequency response.
70V/100V Compatible: The Control 24CT includes a 9 watt multi-tap transformer for use in either 70V or 100V distributed-line systems. Tap settings are made using individual speaker wire set-screws provided for each wattage setting. No transformer bypass is provided.
- 70V Taps: 0.5W, 1W, 2W, 4W, and 9W
- 100V Taps: 1W, 2W, 4W, and 9W
Connection: Input connection is provided on a fixed connector block that includes individual set-screws for COM (-) and each of the separate wattage settings (0.5W-9W). Two strain relief clips are provided for securing the speaker wires, along with metal terminal covers.
Mounting Options: The loudspeakers are packaged complete with the backcan, grille, support backing bracket, and tile rails. A template is provided for marking the cutout and an innovative C-shaped support backing plate can be installed from below through the cutout to reinforce the top of the ceiling material. Tile bridge rails are included which can be screwed onto the C-plate to extend support to the T-channel grid in suspended ceiling installations. After the speaker is fitted through the cutout, it is held securely in place via four mounting tabs which tighten onto the C-plate, if used, or directly onto the ceiling material.
- Frame Width: 9.50"
- Cutout Diameter: 6.60"
- Speaker Mounting Depth: 4.08"
Paintable: The speaker trim and grille are paintable to match any decor. A paint shield is provided for covering the drivers while painting the rim.
- Nominal Sensitivity: 86 dB
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 150˚ conical coverage
- Maximum SPL: 94 dB
- Transformer Taps:
- 70 Volt: 0.5W, 1W, 2W, 4W, and 9W
- 100 Volt: 1W, 2W, 4W, and 9W
- Crossover Frequency: 3.5kHz
- LF Driver: 4.5"
- HF Driver: 0.5"
- Input Connection: Fixed terminal block with individual set screws for each tap setting. Accommodates up to 14 AWG.
- Safety: Suitable for use in air handling spaces per UL1480, UL2043, NFPA90 and NFPA70, S7232/UL listed for signaling speaker. Transformer UL registered per UL1876, in accordance with IEC60849/EN60849 systems.
- Dimensions: Diameter - 7.845", Depth - 4.264"
- Net Weight: 4.4 lbs. (each speaker)