About the JBL Control® 65 P/T
A great-sounding speaker for high ceilings
A great-sounding speaker for high ceilings
In a large room with high ceilings, wall-mounted speakers may not provide the coverage you need. JBL's Control 65 P/T speakers hang from the ceiling and provide clear music and announcements for anyone dining, dancing or mingling below.
JBL's Radiation Boundary Integrator™ technology creates a 120-degree cone of sound below each speaker, so you can cover a lot of space with a few speakers. The cabinet and grille can be painted to match existing decor. It's an elegant sonic solution for a large space.
Weather-resistant and easily mounted
If your room is truly wide open to the elements, the Control 65 P/T is still suited to deliver great sound. High power handling means you can push these speakers with heavy-duty pro audio amplification. With polypropylene-coated woofers, butyl rubber surrounds and zinc-plated steel grilles, they can stand up to the outdoors when needed. The included cable system for mounting also features rubber covers to protect the speakers' connection points. See what our satisfied customers have to say.
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
- 5-1/4" polypropylene-coated woofer
- 3/4" textile dome tweeter
- handles up to 150 watts continuous program power
- frequency response: 55-20,000 Hz (-10dB)
- transformer taps allow 70V/100V operation
- tapped at 7.5, 15, 30 and 60 watts
- 8-ohm bypass setting for use with conventional receivers and amps
- JBL's Radiation Boundary Integrator technology provides broad sound coverage in large rooms with high ceilings
- single-point mounting system allows speakers to be securely suspended from above
- 15-foot wire suitable for hanging speakers is included
- rated for outdoor use
- can be painted to match your decor
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- 10-1/4" high x 9-5/16" diameter
- weight: 8 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C65P/T-WH
What's in the box:
- 2 Pendant speakers
- Four 15' suspension cables
- 4 Gripple connectors
- 4 Rubber boots
- 2 Gripple keys
- Spec Sheet
- Installation Instructions
JBL Control® 65 P/T reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Control® 65 P/T
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||0.75|
|System Frequency response||55-20k|
|Peak Power rating||0|
Pendant Speaker: The JBL Control 65P/T is a high output, full-range, two-way pendant-type loudspeaker that provides superb sound reproduction and very consistent, wide coverage for rooms with open architecture ceilings and other locations where a pendant form factor is desired. Excellent sound quality coupled with stylish design and easy installation makes the Control C65P/T ideal for a wide variety of applications including retail, restaurants, hotels, casinos, fitness centers, convention centers, exhibit spaces, conference rooms, atriums, museums, transit centers and other open-ceiling applications.
Radiation Boundary Integrator (RBI) Technology: JBL's patent-pending Radiation Boundary Integrator (RBI) technology delivers consistent coverage of the listening area. Combining an extra-large 10.75" diameter waveguide with low-frequency projection apertures, the two coaxially-mounted drivers provide a seamless integration of coverage, resulting in extremely even pattern control and coverage where all listeners hear a consistent, high-fidelity sound quality. The wide 120° coverage pattern allows for the use of fewer speakers, reducing the cost of the installed system without sacrificing performance.
Two-Way Coaxial Speaker: The Control 65P/T contains a coaxially mounted 5.25" woofer and 0.75" textile soft-dome tweeter, providing high-fidelity sound over an extremely wide coverage area.
- 5.25" Polypropylene Woofer: The speaker's 5.25" low-frequency driver features a polypropylene-coated cone and 1" copper voice coil with vented fiberglass resin coil-former for high power handling and improved long-term reliability.
- 0.75" Textile Soft-Dome Tweeter: The coaxially-mounted 0.75" textile soft-dome high frequency driver features internal damping for smooth extended response, along with an aluminum voice coil former and neodymium magnet assembly with ferro-fluid cooling, for high-fidelity sound quality with enhanced long-term sound level capability.
70V/100V + 8-Ohm Compatible: The Control 65P/T contains a
high-quality 60 Watt multi-tap transformer for use on 70V/100V
distributed loudspeaker lines, and is switchable for 8-ohm voice-coil direct operation.
- 70V Taps: 60W, 30W, 15W, or 7.5W
- 100V Taps: 60W, 30W, or 15W
Euro-Style Clip-In Speaker Terminals: Two removable Euro-style clip-in connectors offer parallel input and loop-thru. For protected outdoor applications, rubber boots are included to cover the input connectors, and an optional terminal cover is available for harsher locations.
Mounting Options: The Control 65P/T includes a single-point mounting system for easy and secure suspension in open-ceiling applications. Two complete hanging cable systems are included, providing both main and safety suspension cables. Included are 15' high tensile galvanized steel wire ropes having spring-clips for the loudspeaker end of the cable and UL listed cable fasteners for infinitely adjustable suspension height.
2 questions already asked