About the JBL CBT 1000
Tailor your sound system
Tailor your sound system
There's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all commercial sound system. Fortunately, JBL's CBT 1000 fits your space more like a tailored suit. It's loaded with smart technology that lets you shape the speaker's output so music and speech come through loud and clear throughout the listening area. This impressive column speaker features six 6-1/2" low-frequency drivers and twenty-four 1" soft dome tweeters in a powerful, flexible line array that can handle up to 1,500 watts.
Aim sound where you want it
The CBT 1000 is built to give you a great deal of directional control. It starts with a tapered horizontal waveguide that provides continuously varying dispersion, for better coverage from corner to corner in difficult acoustic environments. You can tailor the output of each speaker in your installation through a range of four "Pattern Up" and four "Pattern Down" coverage angle settings, all without the need for external signal processing. Constant Beamwidth Technology™ keeps directivity constant through the highest frequencies.
And the included swiveling pan/tilt mounting bracket adds ±45° swivel and ±15°tilt so you can physically aim the speaker where you want it.
- six 6-1/2" low-frequency drivers and twenty-four 1" soft dome tweeters in line array
- frequency response: 45-20,000 Hz
- power handling: 1,500 watts program power
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- Constant Beamwidth Technology™ provides constant directivity up to the highest frequencies
- sends more sound toward far side of room to make front-to-back sound levels more consistent
- switchable voicing: flat response in music mode or midrange presence peak in speech mode
- vertical dispersion is individually adjustable for each speaker in your installation
- 16 possible patterns through a range of 4 "Pattern Up" angles and 4 "Pattern Down" coverage angles
- tapered horizontal waveguide provides continuously varying horizontal dispersion for better coverage from corner to corner
- fiberglass reinforced ABS cabinet with powder-coated aluminum grille
- IP55-rated dust- and moisture-resistant
- swiveling pan/tilt mounting bracket included (±45° swivel/±15°tilt)
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 9-15/16"W x 40-1/4"H x 13-5/8"D
- weight: 54 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CBT 1000
What's in the box:
- 1 Line array column speaker (black)
- Aluminum grille
- 2 Wall brackets
- 2 Speaker brackets
- 2 Swivel brackets
- 1 Arm link
- One M6x115mm pan-head screws
- Two M6x125mm pan-head screws
- Eight M6x20mm socket-head screws
- Eight M8x20mm pan-head screws
- Twelve M6 flat-washers
- Twelve M6 lock-washers
- Eight M6 rubber washers
- Eight M8 flat-washers
- Eight M8 lock-washers
- Three M6 cap-nuts
- Installation instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL CBT 1000
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||30|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.0|
|System Frequency response||45-20k|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The JBL CBT 1000 line array column speaker represents the latest generation of pattern-controlled speakers, providing consistent listening-space coverage, superior sound quality, and versatility for a wide variety of applications. The CBT 1000 is an ideal solution for performance auditoriums, houses of worship, lecture halls, cinema main speakers or very high-output surrounds, transit facilities, theme parks, and more. The JBL column speaker can be used outdoors as well.
Drivers: The JBL CBT 1000 column speaker houses six 6-1/2" high-excursion woofers and twenty-four 1" extra-high-power soft dome tweeters, arranged coaxially in a vertical fashion. Both driver types are coated for moisture, UV, and salt resistance for outdoor use.
- Woofers: Each of the 6 low-frequency drivers is comprised of a coated, sealed paper cone with blended textile surrounds. They feature lightweight neodymium motors with 2" voice coils, providing maximum flux, and are magnetically shielded. Copper caps on the pole-piece minimize flux modulation and linear inductance, resulting in lower distortion and improved frequency response. 0.63" long voice coils provide high linear drive and power handling.
- Tweeters: The column speaker's 1" high-frequency drivers feature neodymium structures providing maximum sensitivity, high power handling, and long excursion. Large back enclosures provide additional frequency range and output, and are encased for weather resistance.
Adjustable Coverage: The CBT 1000 offers versatility and flexibility in providing sound coverage for a wide variety of applications.
- Constant Beamwidth: Incorporating JBL's Constant Beamwidth Technology, the line array column speaker utilizes analog delay beam-forming and amplitude tapering to provide consistent vertical coverage without the narrow vertical beaming and out-of-coverage lobing that are typical in straight column speakers. Jumper plugs located in a side-compartment of the speaker let you switch the vertical coverage pattern, with 4 "Pattern Up" angles and 4 "Pattern Down" angles, for a total of 16 coverage-angle combinations. The upper half of the column speaker can be set for Point, Tight, Narrow, or Medium patterns, with Point projecting sound horizontally and Tight, Narrow, and Medium each providing a higher angle of sound throw. The lower half can be set for Point, Narrow, Broad, or Downfill, with Point projecting sound horizontally and each additional setting providing a steeper downward projection.
- Tapered Horizontal Waveguide: This patent-pending technology provides continuously varying horizontal sound dispersion, very wide for short-throw, narrow for mid-throw, and even narrower for long-throw. This allows the column speaker to provide balanced sound coverage to both the front and rear corners of a room, without undesirable over-splash.
- Variable Voicing: The CBT 1000 provides 2 voicing types that can be set using the Music/Speech switch located in the enclosure's side-compartment. The Music setting provides a flat frequency response, while the Speech setting adds a mid-range presence boost. This provides increased midrange sensitivity for higher midrange output capability and clear, intelligible speech, even at the longest throw distances.
Dynamic SonicGuard: This feature provides protection for the high-frequency section by limiting driver excursion dynamically. SonicGuard protects the drivers from damage due to occasional overpowering, while maximizing music clarity and speech intelligibility at high drive levels.
Outdoor Use: The CBT 1000 is designed to be installed either indoors or outdoors. The enclosure is made from fiberglass reinforced ABS, coated with UV resistant paint, and includes a powder-coated 1050 aluminum grille. All drivers are weather-treated for protection from moisture, UV rays, and salt spray. An optional MTC-PC2 panel cover (sold separately) can seal the terminal compartment from excessive moisture, giving the line array column speaker an IP55 rating.
Mounting: The JBL line array column speaker includes upper and lower wall-mounting brackets that can provide ±45˚ of swivel and ±15˚ of tilt. Fourteen M8 threaded brass inserts along the back panel offer a wide variety of spacing patterns for the included brackets, as well as common third-party mounting brackets. The line array column speaker also includes 4 threaded mounting points on the top and bottom panels for suspending the speaker (hardware not included).
- Power Handling: 1500W program power, 6000W peak
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 45Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 102dB @ highest sensitivity pattern, 95dB @ lowest sensitivity pattern.
- Maximum SPL: 137dB
- Nominal Impedance: 4Ω
- Low Frequency: (6) 6-1/2"
- High Frequency: (24) 1"
- Enclosure: Fiberglass reinforced ABS with powder-coated 1050 aluminum grille.
- Outdoor Rating: IP55, per IEC529 (when installed with optional MTC-PC2 terminal cover). Exceeds Mil Spec 810 for humidity, temperature & UV, ASTM G85 for acid-air/salt-spray (200hrs).
- Mounting: Fourteen M8 threaded inserts on rear panel, for wall brackets, and four M8 threaded inserts on top and bottom for suspending.
- Dimensions: Width = 9.90", Height = 40.20", Depth = 13.60"
- Weight: 54 lbs.