JBL CSA 1120Z
120-watt mono amplifier
Our take on the JBL CSA 1120Z by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Clean power for your commercial audio system
The JBL CSA1120Z provides 120 watts of clean, efficient power to drive a small sound system. It can power several speakers effectively in a 70-volt commercial system. It's compatible with JBL's CSR-V volume control so you can hide the amp away in an equipment cabinet. A rack mounting kit is included.
Get a free system design
- 120-watt mono power amplifier for commercial audio systems
- rated into 4 or 8 ohms (at 1 kHz) with less than .5% THD
- supports 70-volt and 100-volt distributed audio systems without the need for a separate transformer
- uses Crown's high-efficiency DriveCore™ technology to provide excellent audio performance
- independent bass and treble controls
- illuminated rings around buttons and dials for easy operation in darkened environments
- fanless, space-saving single half-width rack space (1U) design
- rack mounting kit included
- Energy Star® certified
- compliant with HARMAN's GreenEdge™ environmental initiative
Inputs and Outputs:
- RJ-45 connector for use with an in-wall volume control (not included)
- 3-pin Euro-block connector with line/mic input switch for balanced input sources
- RCA input pair sums unbalanced stereo inputs to mono
- 5-pin Euro-block main output compatible with low impedance or constant voltage systems
- unwired Euro-block connectors are included
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 8-5/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 11-15/16"D
- weight: 6.9 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Mono-channel amplifier
- 34" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong)
- 2 Euro-block connectors
- Long angle bracket
- Rear angle bracket
- 2 Front-angle brackets
- 2 Flat brackets
- Eight M3x8mm screws (lock/flat-washers installed)
- Eight M3x5mm screws
- Four M5x20mm screws (flat-washer installed)
- Six M5x10mm screws
- 6 Flat-washers
- 6 Lock-washers
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber pads
- Operation Manual
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
DriveCore Technology: The JBL CS series utilizes DriveCore technology developed by Crown, another Harman brand. DriveCore technology integrates the amplifier drive stage into the power output stage, and fuses everything into a chip the size of a dime. This significantly reduces the size and weight of the amplifier. The CSA1120Z is rated at 120 watts x 1 channel (into 4- or 8-ohms) @ 1kHz with less than .5% THD.
Harman GreenEdge: The JBL Commercial amplifier is manufactured under Harman's GreenEdge environmental initiative, utilizing recycled copper, aluminum and steel, an energy-saving powder coat finishing process, and conforming to lead-free RoHS standards and other environmentally-conscious manufacturing processes. The result is an 120% improvement in efficiency over previous models. In addition, the CS series amplifier is EnergyStar certified.
Controls: The JBL CSA1120Z commercial series amplifier offers front and rear panel controls.
- Volume Control: A rotary volume knob lets you control the output of the amplifier. The illuminated ring surrounding the volume control will light green with the presence of a signal. If the signal reaches the threshold of clipping or audible distortion, the ring will glow red.
- Bass & Treble: The JBL CS series amplifier offers independent Bass (+/-10dB @ 100kHz) & Treble (+/-10dB @ 10kHz) adjustment. A small flat-blade screwdriver is needed to adjust bass & treble.
- HI-Z Switch: When this rear-panel switch is in the "Off" position, the amplifier is configured to drive low impedance speakers (4-Ohm minimum). With the Hi-Z switch set to "On", the built-in output transformer is activated allowing the unit to drive 70V or 100V speaker systems directly when connected to the appropriate output terminals.
- High Pass Filter: As an added feature when driving high impedance speakers in HI-Z mode, the system automatically switches in a 70Hz high pass filter. The filter prevents potentially damaging subsonic signals from going to the amplifier by eliminating signals below 70Hz.
Unbalanced & Balanced Inputs: The JBL CSA1120Z commercial series amplifier is equipped with a stereo RCA unbalanced input which will stereo sources. The amplifier is also equipped with a 3-pin Euro-block connector that can be used as a balanced or unbalanced input.
Note: Do not use both Euro-block and RCA audio input connectors on a single channel at the same time.
Low Impedance or Constant-Voltage System Output: The CSA1120Z is designed to power low impedance or constant-voltage speaker systems. There is a 5-pin Euro-block connector for a variety of output configurations. To drive distributed speaker systems designed to operate at 70V or 100V, the 5-pin Euro-block connectors have designated terminals for 70V, 100V and Common. For 8-ohm speakers, the + and - terminals should be used.
Note: The minimum impedance the amplifier channel can drive is 4-ohms. Therefore, you can connect up to four 16-ohm speakers, two 8-ohm speakers or one 4-ohm speaker to an amplifier output channel.
Remote Volume Control: An RJ-45 port is provided on the back panel for plugging in a CSR-V remote volume controller via Ethernet cable.
Rack Mountable: The JBL CSA1120Z commercial series amplifier is rack-mountable in a 1U half-rack space, and includes a rack-mount kit. Hardware is also supplied to mount two CSA1120Z amplifiers in a 1U rack space.
Note: When using an equipment rack, keep a minimum space of 4" from the top surface of the unit. Close any open spaces in the rack with blank panels. Do not block any air vents. The side walls of the rack should be a minimum of 2" from the amplifier sides. The back of the rack should be open.
Sleep Mode: To save energy, the amplifier is designed to go into sleep mode after approximately 2 hours operating with no signal at any of the inputs. Return of signal (-36dBu) to any input will wake the amplifier from its sleep mode. The sleep mode can be disabled by activating the Sleep Disable switch on the rear panel.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The JBL CSA120Z includes a detachable 34" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Recommendation [ Mueller Oct 02, 2018 ]
We wanted to be sure we purchased a quality amplifier that would accommodate all of our zones for our taproom and brewery. Crutchfield offered the best option, so we got it! [ Alex Aug 03, 2018 ]
it was recommended by one of your advisors, Roy [ Nicholas Jul 01, 2018 ]
Super-simple setup with no-brainer connectivity in a compact, slick-looking package. [ Jager Jan 23, 2018 ]
It was recommended by a Crutchfield commercial tech. [ Fr. Richard May 15, 2017 ]